REAL CONNECTION

Ani

REAL CONNECTION

Once, in a private conversation with a brother, the Master spoke thus on the prayer:

I will tell you something about the secret life of the Christ. During the night, Christ slept for three hours, and spent three hours in prayer. With that prayer He would become an accumulator of immense energies from the Divine world, which He then spent during the day. During the day He would spend a lot of energy, either through Speech, or through healing, and namely that energy He would gather within himself through the night prayer.

With the prayer, man goes out with his more supreme bodies, and the more base ones remain on Earth. With the prayer, the astral body remains with the physical one, and it only widens, and the mental and the causal ones go out. So, with the prayer, there is a kind of emanation, more or less.

In "Our Father" you have an entire programme about what has to be done. The Good prayer is also an entire programme. The Good prayer has ten keys to drawing the Heavenly forces.

Here is a rule: when man says a prayer and opens the Bible, what comes along is not accidental, but given from above. But the prayer is more important.

The brother asked, "What should I do so that I can come into connection with what is Real in the mystical life?"

For instance, study the conditions, under which the prophets Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, etc, received enlightenment. Also, study the apostles too. The best hours for this job are the hours between 12 a.m. and 4 a.m.

Man should consider everything to be spiritual and see that everything is good and rational. If he elevates, man will see that Nature is living and it will have quite a different outlook to him. It should be known that behind the physical is the spiritual, and that the physical is an outward, objective manifestation of the spiritual. Whatever the weather outside might be, go out in the evening to watch the sky, but do not do this mechanically, but out of love, and direct a small prayer towards God, only of a few words, but let it be steeped in Love. Say, "God, we thank You for the beautiful Life you have given us. We thank You for this world you have created. We want to live the new way, by the law of the Love that you have brought into our souls. Let Your Light illuminate our minds to settle the matters that stand before the door of our soul."

The prayer before meals has been recommended in all esoteric schools. The prayer is the most supreme work, it is a connection. The most supreme rational connection happens through the prayer. The prayer, as it accompanies nutrition, it regulates it. When praying, the inner inspiration is important, not the word.

A prayer can be done when the dawn is cracking. The dawn is an opening of the world. The evening prayer is for those spirits that arrange the material which was gained throughout the day, and the morning prayer is for the new material to be perceived. There are creatures of various categories, which arrive between 3 and 7 o'clock. They come in the early hours, until daybreak. Man has to be smart and to use that, which God has given him, and not to stray.

The brother asked, "What do these words in the Writ mean, 'At dawn I will look for God'"?

In the morning, i.e. before the Sun has risen, you shall concentrate for several minutes, you shall think only about the One, and you shall think that you are among the Angels. In the morning, when you get up, say to yourself, "Be good, be just, be fair, be nice!"

The brother asked, "I wish to pray every night. Which hours are the most convenient?"

12 o'clock at midnight is an hour of silence. Pray then. Next, it is good to do so at 1 or 3 o'clock after midnight. Then you will begin anew, etc. This way there will be variety. When man cannot sleep at night, he has to get up and pray.

In the morning, when you wake up, get up immediately. Should they tell you, "get up", get up. When the Sun is rising, think about God, his warmth should arouse in you the idea of the Divine thought. Each day you have to rejoice with a new, pure Divine thought. Each day, the new, which comes, is from God. Whatever man looks at, he should think about God. Say, "God, teach me to love You the way You love me".

When you have no sympathy towards a particular person, say, "God, I want to see you here as well". Desire to see God in this man as well, and then he changes, God manifests, and he starts to look nice to you. Since we want to see Him in that man, then God will show himself through him.

One evening I was passing by a village with a friend of mine. Amidst the village, over one of the houses I saw a pleasant, soft, blue light, which was rising up to the sky. It showed me that in that house lives a good man, who at that time was praying to God and his prayer was being accepted. I drew my friend's attention towards that light and asked him if he could see it. My friend looked in that direction and saw it. However, not every man sees this light.

The brother asked the Master, "You said in one of your recent lectures that we have to send thought to the world, with which to help it, to send good thoughts and wishes to all people, to all nations, with which to help them. Which is more powerful - sending them good thoughts, or praying for them?"

When we send good thoughts to the people, we help them in reality. The Writ says, "I shall send My Spirit". God constantly sends His Spirit into the world. When we send good thoughts to the people, God sends His Spirit through us. In that case we are instruments. Sending our good thoughts and feelings into the space is something real. Should you send a good thought, it gets planted. There are Creatures from the Invisible world that will welcome our good thoughts and use them for the construction of something good within the people. These thoughts, which we are sending into the world, are for the waking souls. They will accept and utilize them. The good thoughts are never lost. Neighbouring souls are those, whose consciousness is awakened.

When you light your candle, its light goes in all directions; the same thing happens with the light in the thought of man. When sending thoughts, you must call upon God, for Him to support and assist those, whom you are praying for. When we are sending good thoughts toward some people, we will transform this work of ours into a prayer, i.e. we will call upon God to bless them, to provide them with conditions, Light, etc.

When you are talking to more outward people, you shall tell them that we have to send good thoughts and wishes to the people, and when you are talking to more mystical souls, you shall tell them that they have to pray for them. The prayer is something deeper, more intimate, more mystical, than sending good thoughts to the world. All people think, but not everyone prays. Through the sufferings, people will learn to pray. In the beginning, when man starts on the spiritual path, let him start sending good thoughts to the people, and then move on to the prayer. The prayer is not for everyone.

Ships have transmitters, and when they are in a difficult situation, they send out a signal for help. That is the prayer. Man should turn to God the way he knows.

A child had been away from his mother for ten years. He got ill and was about to die. They wrote to the mother to come over, because her son was at his wits' end. When the mother stepped up to him, he was unconscious, stupors, and he was not looking; she placed her hand on him, and he whispered, "Mum!" He had recognized his mother's vibrations. It is the same for God. Inwardly, man has knowledge of God's hand.

The prayer cannot be without thought. It is said in the Writ, "Come, let us reason", which means that we should think.

The brother said, "Some circles of the brotherhood are uneasy. Can we send good thoughts in order to help them?"

The good thoughts you are going to send will function more weakly. A prayer is needed here, because in order for what you want to happen, the assistance of the Invisible world is required. Stronger than sending a thought is the act of prayer. With thought, with prayer, we have to crop the Earth, and tighten it up in such a way at that, so that the Divine Kingdom can finally come.

When you sit down on a rock for meditation, sit on one that is deeply buried into the soil, not on one that is rolling. Someone wants to enter the Inner school. He has to hand in an application. And when he hands in the application, he will wait. I said that man has to allot particular hours for prayer. In fact, man has to pray constantly, as he raises his consciousness to the Eternal and the Elevated, so that he can be in constant connection with the Rational beginning.