FREE IN THE WORLD

Ani

FREE IN THE WORLD

Some brothers and sisters visited the Master. During the conversation incidentally He said:

You shall not leave the world, but you shall be free in the world. When it is said that man shall leave the world, it is understood not externally, but internally. If you study the lives of the prophets, you will see that they were very hard, but they had rich internal life. To be free, when you are amongst people, is like walking in the forest, depending only on you to where you are walking and what you will gather - raspberries or blackberries, the choice is yours. To be in the world, but to be out of it means people not to meddle in your own business. When man enters the world, he will learn one good thing: everybody has concentrated on the thoughts, which border him, with great interest. Somebody says: "To leave the world!" No, when man goes far away from people, he becomes estranged and remains without blessings.

One brother asked: "Will I be able to improve my intuition through meditation and internal studying, by keeping away from the external emotions, or shall I improve it through experiences within the external world and physical activity?"

When man swims in the sea, he shall keep his head above the water. If the head is in the water, nothing can be done; he shall keep his body in the water, and the head - above it. Have also the method of the plant: the roots are in the soil and the branches - in the Divine world, i.e. half you shall not go out of the world, because there are no good conditions for that, but the other half shall be in the Divine world.

When two creatures, the one of which moves quicker, and the other moves more slowly, make a connection, the one, which moves slowly becomes an obstacle for the other, which moves quickly. Hence, when you connect to a lower life, you go down, because you are being impeded and you move more slowly. So, do not connect to men of the world; they impede you, because they postpone, they move slowly. You shall not divorce yourselves from them, you shall live with them, and help them, but you shall not make a connection. Which are good connections? Do not make connections with the world, which will take away your freedom. Make connections, which you can tie and untie by yourself. Somebody says: "Why do you tie me?" - Because you yourself do not tie. If you yourself do not tie, others will tie you; and if you do not untie by yourself, others will untie you. You shall make connections, but rational connections.