DIVINE STAYS WITH SUFFERING

Ani

DIVINE STAYS WITH SUFFERING

A few brothers and sisters were accepted by the Master. One brother asked: "What is the internal sense of suffering?"

One Russian asked me until when we were going to suffer and I told him till everything human melts and only the Divine remains. I related him the following: one young woman married and during all the time, while they were taking her to the home of the young man, she was crying. Her parents and relatives wondered what to do and stopped. But she said: "None the less that I am crying, take me there." It is the same when man is in big hardships, he shall say: "I, none the less that I am crying, none the less that I am suffering, take me along that road of examinations. I am ready for all examinations along the road to Jesus, to God." Hardships are a boundary, transition from the temporary to the eternal, from the disorder to the order, from the flesh to the Spirit. They shall not frighten you. When you suffer, you shall know that you are already near to the Kingdom of God.

Look at the plum-trees by the meadow, which have grown amongst the pine-trees - they have grown thin and tall till the top of the pine-trees, because they are in shadow. They have directed upwards, because they are in a narrow place and want to reach the light and freedom. When they are already over the pine-trees, they will expand; they will branch out and free themselves. It is the same with people: people, who are in good conditions, have easy lives, grow physically, at a great pace, and those, who are limited, grow upwards, to God. They grow spiritually. I will relate you the following story: one young man walked for a long time after a veiled young woman and wanted to see her face; she turned around at last, but slapped him in the face twice. But while raising her hand, her veil moved away and the man saw her face. He was so surprised by the wondrous beauty of her face that when a friend of his told him: "You were so much insulted!" he answered him that he was very pleased. This is interpreted so: the woman symbolizes the Divine, her two slaps are the hardships through which one will raise the veil and see the face of God. When you overcome the sufferings, you will already achieve what you want. Creatures, who love us, stand behind the hardships and joys. And sometimes, creatures, who do not love us, stand behind the hardships and joys, and then joys are like baits. Those, who love us, begin with hardships and end with joys, and the creatures, who do not love us, begin with joys and end with hardships.