Preface

Preface

The words in this book are excerpts from various lectures and talks delivered by the great spiritual Teacher Beinsa Douno. He lived in Bulgaria under the secular name of Peter Deunov (July 11, 1864–December 27, 1944) bringing spiritual renaissance to the human soul. Through the Words he spoke, he gave instructions for applying the Divine Teaching for many generations. He touched upon many subjects, but he was very particular with regard to one subject: the role and the mission of women in establishing the New Culture on Earth. He held special classes open only to women to guide them toward the fulfillment of their mission for the benefit of humankind.

The best way to describe the Teaching he brought is in his own words:

“What I preach is not a Teaching for ordinary morality, but for sublime Love. Love can improve your health, enlighten your mind, expand your heart, and give impulse to your spirit. Use this Teaching, regardless of your political affiliation or your nationality—it is for everyone. It is a Teaching that brings peace and tranquility to the heart, light to the mind, rejuvenation to the soul, and strength to the spirit. This Teaching is capable of making the lame walk again, the blind see, and the deaf hear. Also from this Teaching the ill will become healthy and the dead will resurrect. It overcomes all obstacles and brings harmony everywhere. What God tells me, that is what I am speaking and doing. It is my wish to fulfill God’s Will as God has ordered. Blessed be His name! God has been so good to me that I would like to repay Him with all my gratitude. I would like all of you to follow my example.

“I have come to manifest Love, to bring it to Earth— this is my mission. Each Enlightened Teacher is different; each carries a sacred Fire from the Invisible World. The difference is determined by what his fire is.

“The task of the Great Teachers who descend to the Earth is, in its essence, to bring humankind to the right path, to help it in its evolution.

“If you think that you can separate the Teacher from God and God from the Teacher, you do not understand the Laws. If the teacher thinks that he can do something apart from God, he is wrong. The only Teacher who teaches human beings is God. In order to teach them, He takes one form or another. Sometimes God is visible and sometimes He is invisible.

“A Great Teacher represents the external relationship of God toward man. A Teacher gives part of his or her Light to those around as a candle gives part of its light to all who want to use it. A Teacher is a manifestation of Divine Light. The more this Light is accepted, the more one connects with one’s Teacher, not only in form, but also in content and meaning. The Word comes through the Teacher, but belongs to God.

“Remember: only one Teacher exists. If you would like to have His blessing, keep His name sacred in your mind, heart, and soul. This needs to be the ideal of the human soul.

“I am sent by God. If you would like to know who I am, this you will learn from God. When you go to Him, then you will find out who I am and why I have come. The Words I speak are not mine; they come from a Great Source. If you accept them, you will find them to be accurate and truthful. They are not mine—do not be deluded on this in your soul! The Ideas that I give in my lectures and talks are taken from the Divine Source. What Christ has spoken and what I speak are from one and the same Source.

“Often I am asked what the Teaching that I bring is. I reply, ‘It is the Teaching of Living Nature and includes all living forces which are the subject of Science. This is a Science about human beings, a Science about the Sentient World. It is a Science about God, about Love.’

“It is not possible to work against the Teachers. We bring One Divine Teaching, and thus we do not argue. We cannot compare this Teaching with anything else. Only time will tell.

“What I have spoken for 25 years has already filled the world, and it cannot be taken out. Invisible workers exist who take and distribute those ideas I speak about. They distribute them through the air.

“Many truths are hidden within the lectures. I am hiding them for the Culture of the future. Read the lectures and the talks of the General and of the Youth Esoteric Classes. You need to read also the Scriptures. This work should be done before any other.

“In each lecture one can find methods for the education and self-education of children, adults, philosophers, poets, and so on. The images which I am using in my lectures are taken from Nature. The newest in Nature—this is what I give. It was different 2,000 years ago. Some say: Christ once said this or that. But Christ said as well, ‘I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of Truth, has come, He will guide you into all Truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come’ (John 16:12–13)1. And now there are new things, and there will be even more in another 2,000 years.

“I am concerned about the welfare of not only humankind, but also of all animals and plants. It is my wish that all beings live in Love and acquire virtues.

“Experience adversity, but move forward. The future is before you!”

From the magazine

The Grain of Wheat, No 2, 1999

--------------------------------------------------

1. All quotes from the Holy Bible, which are used in this book, are taken from the New King James Version  (NKJV).