Woman - the Source of Love and Life

Woman-the Source of Love and Life

In order to have a clear idea regarding a woman, one needs to consider her not as an individual, but as an essence in its totality. The feminine principle in Nature is a mighty, great thing. If you were to take the feminine principle out of life, death would come in an instant. The feminine principle entered into life from the moment of its Creation. Do not separate woman from life; in other words, Love from life. A woman symbolizes Love. With the distortion of human existence, the feminine is distorted too. By the concept of "woman," one should understand a human being who can give birth to the most beautiful form, who can give rise to the greatest force, and who can manifest the greatest wisdom.

The major characteristic of woman is compassion. If woman is not compassionate toward people's suffering, she is not a woman. Modern woman neglects her most precious quality and strives to become a man. When she has something to say, she needs to think first and then speak out. In general, from both women and men, judiciousness and mindfulness are required.

"Woman" in the fullest meaning of the word means "a door which is opened by God's Key alone." Every other door that can be opened by the keys of ordinary people is not a woman. That the woman is beautiful, that she represents the gentle element—this is another issue. Beauty, lightness, richness, strength—all these are within the soul.

Woman is the last Creation of God. Each subsequent Creation is more elevated than the former. God created the plants and the animals before man, and so man is more elevated than the plants and the animals. For the same reason, Eve remains more elevated than man—Adam. God breathed into Adam a living soul; and into Eve—intelligence. When we say that woman is feminine only, but not intelligent, this is not correct. Woman is more intelligent than man. He is strong, he can fight, but there is little philosophy present within him. Some say that man is the genius, that he is learned. Remember: a genius, a great person, cannot be born from a coarse mother who lacks discernment. The father could be an ordinary person, but the mother needs to be discriminating and intelligent. The father passes on his intelligence to the children less readily than the mother does. When the intelligence of both parents is combined, something good will be created.

Martha and Mary represent the two principles of the human soul—the active and the passive. Through Martha and Mary, two kinds of women are presented: two opposite characters, two conditions of the human heart. One condition is still, calm, and silent, with the mind directed toward the eternal principle that is built upon an eternal foundation. The other condition is like the ocean waves, like the little branches of the trees: in continuous agitation, continuous motion. Christ, however, shows Martha what is essential by telling her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her" (Luke, 10:41-42).

All who are like Mary are with noble and good character. They have a perfect body structure with a beautiful countenance, a gentle gaze, a symmetrical forehead, a straight nose. They are good in heart, gentle, and compassionate toward people's suffering, ready to help. "Mary" in Hebrew means "brine." Thanks to Mary, the world does not spoil, does not become rancid, does not decay. When you have Mary's qualities within you, your heart does not spoil.

"Martha" derives from "Mara," which means "bitter, sour, hot-tempered." If someone is a "Martha," you will see that when she gets up in the morning all the servants will be up as well. Shouting, yelling, waving a broom—all are running at a half-kilometer distance from her. You will find Martha in the churches, in the schools, and in the courts—everywhere. She is as necessary as Mary. But you should not give predominance to either. Imagine that everything in the world is only Martha—waving brooms, making dust, and shouting. What kind of music would this make? I believe that homes would be well-organized, that everything would be ordered and structured. We would have wonderful forms, but there would be no true Life. But if Martha did not exist, then what would make Mary "salty"? The higher principle represented by Mary shows the path of how to personally serve God. In this service, we will find the meaning of our lives.

The Divine Teaching does not require us to withdraw from our duties in life. Only that part which is assigned to Mary needs to be given to her.

Women do not know themselves yet. Therefore, the first requirement is for women to come to know themselves.

Tell me what distinguishes one woman from another? All women have the same desires: to get married, to have nice meals, to be dressed well. Their desires are the same. There is no difference—a similar life exists in all homes. So, why do all women not unite? In this way, they could uplift their spirits. If all women unite, they can very easily uplift their spirits. Unfortunately, at the moment, each one says, "I want to be the first!" This weak side of yours resembles the story of a German prince who once visited Denmark. It was planned that he would be welcomed in a theater, and 12 of the most beautiful women in Denmark were selected for that purpose. Out of them, only one would be chosen to offer the prince a bouquet of flowers as a welcoming gesture. It was decided to put this to a vote, but 12 ballots with 12 different names were found in the box: each one voted for herself. And today, each one of you votes for herself in Christ's box; and, as a result, there is no one to offer the bouquet. When the box is opened, there are as many names inside as there are women in the world. Each person wants to be the first. But in the fulfillment of the Divine Will, only God is first. He is the Beginning, and so we cannot be the first. The One who creates things: He is the First.

I would like the women of the new Teaching to be women of high ideals. I would like that every woman be neatly dressed, be courageous, and be decisive in manifesting her virtues. I would like a woman to be intelligent, to be quick-witted, to grasp things well, and to not hesitate in front of any obstacle. It would befit the woman of the New Culture to distinguish herself in something: in her walk—that she has graceful movements and is high-spirited. Wherever she appears, everyone will say about her, "This is a woman with noble character—she has a heart." If a man who is on his way to get drunk or commit a crime meets her, he will say, "I give up my bad intents."

The Divine Spirit is now working on women. That is why they are more religious and spiritual than men. Notice: wherever a woman's foot steps, everything progresses—science, religion, music— everything goes well. The feminine is the soil in which all things grow. If the feminine principle was to disappear, everything would stop—science, religion, music, and art—the soil would be missing. The poet writes as long as he bears the feminine within his mind. If the feminine is taken away, he loses the meaning of his life and gives up. Within the minds of all people, the woman—the feminine is present. She is Love; she is their Ideal.

For eight thousand years, men and women have distanced themselves from their nature, and are so far away from it now that among women, no one is a true woman, and among men, no one is a true man. And if you could compare today's men with the original prototype—the same for women—do you know what a ridiculous caricature you would see?

What needs to be present within the female form? All the virtues, all the sublime thoughts and emotions need to be present within her. Woman is the bearer of what is the most sublime in the world, of that tenderness which is preserved within her.

I have seen in my life only a few true women— some in Bulgaria, some abroad. The true woman can be recognized by her gentleness—not a single harsh word can come out of her mouth! Any woman who is able to express rudeness is not yet the embodiment of true womanhood—she has deviated. Likewise, what distinguishes true manhood is noble character.

Today, the Spirit of Truth needs to come, and through It, Salvation will occur. I do not ask you to start confronting your men when you go home. There is no reason to lash out at them.

You need to look with a candle for the true man. You need to search for him until you find him.

Have you read the "Song of Songs"? Many have read it and say, "This is how to enjoy life!" You need to understand the deep intrinsic meaning of life, not in a human way, but in the Divine way. Why am I not revealing secrets to you? Where is your man? When you come to me, I will tell you, "Let your man come with you as well!" But now, you come only as women without men. How can a woman be without a man? The Scripture says, "Nevertheless, neither is man independent of woman, nor woman independent of man, in the Lord" (1 Corinthians 11:11). The woman, when she comes, wants to experience love with her man. But it should be: you, your man, and one more—the third One. Love can exist only among three. Do you know that? Your man and you will come to me, and only then can we begin loving one another. This is how the Scriptures understand the meaning of things. As for the love between two, we know it very well. And so, do not be deceived to look for Love between two; search for it among three. Christ says, "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him" (John 14:7). When I speak about Love, three are necessary in order that you may begin loving one another.

Without woman, Love cannot be manifested. Love is the manifestation of primordial woman. We do not refer to things here in a sensual sense, but in their essential meaning. According to me, a woman is the one who saves the world; a woman holds the key for this—she holds a mighty power in the world.

And so, do not be deceived to look for Love between two; search for it among three. With human beings you will begin with a reversed law: with God you will begin by the Law of Love and with man, by the Law of Faith. A mother can come to know her child only after the baby's birth. When she finds all the talents and capabilities hidden in her child, she comes to love that child.

When a young man falls in love with a young woman, she should know that it is God Who loves her through him. When a young woman falls in love with a young man, he should know that it is God Who loves him through her. Embrace and rejoice in God's Love, which is manifested through people. When you listen to music on the radio, is the music really coming from the radio? The radio only transmits the music without making it. In the same way, you should be conduits of Divine Love. As you become better able to transmit it, more of the Divine Blessing comes to you.

The human soul is divided into two sexes—male and female. The feminine aspect is the bearer of life, of emotions; the masculine aspect is the bearer of human thought, which is the foundation of the Divine World. The soul is an offshoot, turned upside-down and branched; and the sexes are the two branches from one and the same root. Therefore, you, the young people, should try to be a manifestation of Divine Love without deceit or flirting! The feelings in your hearts should be noble. When you are around young female disciples, you should protect them as you would your eyes. This I require from you young men: that you should be so delicate toward your sisters, so gentle in your address to them—in your thoughts, in your desires—as to be an example. You need to know that you are bearers of human intelligence. And as for the young sister-disciples, I would like them to be also delicate and gentle, to show respect and honor toward their young brother-disciples, thus transmitting noble impulses and strivings within their souls.

The external way of expressing Love is through light and knowledge; the internal is through warmth and a good reception. The external expression of Love represents the summer of life when the external light is plentiful. Then the days are long and the nights short. By this light, people study and acquire knowledge. The internal expression of Love is the winter of life when everything is covered by snow. Outside there are storms and winds. Days are short and nights long. Then people go into their homes, start the stoves, turn the lamps on, and by this nice warmth and light begin to read and contemplate. They go deep within because there is no external light to distract them. When someone comes for a visit, they invite him in and together they begin to read and converse warmly.

People of today need to study both sides of Love: the external, or the masculine, which is connected with light; and the internal, or the feminine, which is connected with warmth. In this way, they will understand why contradictions in life exist. The one who wants to study Wisdom, to acquire light and knowledge, needs to seek favorable external conditions. Whoever desires to study Love, to acquire warmth and softness, needs to expose himself to unfavorable external conditions, to great storms and suffering. Whoever seeks Love needs to have a strong backbone in order to endure. Man is strong from without; woman, from within. When you know that, you can explain to yourself why people are searching for one another. Love bears warmth and Wisdom carries light. The one who has light within searches for a person who has warmth, and vice versa: the one who has warmth within searches for a person who has light. This is necessary, because light cannot be understood without warmth, or warmth without light.

If a young man loves a girl for a while and after that cools off and begins loving another one, the last one should tell him, "You should go back to your first love because in no way am I better than her. If you can abandon one girl, tomorrow you will abandon me too."

Two people can love each other and be in harmony only when they have developed their spiritual bodies. If their physical bodies are acting and the spiritual are not manifesting, they cannot love each other as they should. A person's faith and love depends upon the development of the spiritual body.

This is knowledge that you can apply in life, if you would like to make it meaningful. When I say that one needs to love all people, I have in mind the Unity in Nature. Within Nature, only one woman and one man exist. You see many men and women; but, in reality, they represent one woman and one man in many forms. When a person looks at things in this way, he cannot commit a single transgression. However, when a man grabs only one branch or one leaf of the Tree that is named "Unity in Nature," he begins to see himself surrounded by many women. In a similar way a woman will begin to see many men. As long as a man sees many women in the world, and a woman many men, transgressions will always exist. The delusion is in the fact that, when someone looks in the mirror, he sees an image and thinks that he sees another person. No: he sees himself. The many men and women are nothing but reflections of the one man and the one woman who alone exist in Nature as Reality.

Living Nature is so wise that no one has been able yet and will not be able in the future to deceive her in her methods. For this reason we call the Living Nature the best Mother. If you listen to her, she will give you such a great lesson as you never had. Yet if you disobey her Laws, you will experience how she educates her children.

Home is the only place where good can originate and grow. It is the first temple of humankind where mothers and fathers are the first priests at the altar of the human soul. Using the stones of the temple—home—Nature has begun to build the foundation for the total uplifting of all sentient beings. In this home people have the opportunity to attain all their gifts, powers, capabilities, and noble qualities. This has been the most direct and natural way for the human soul to reach that great goal given by the Spirit. For thousands of years humankind has been expecting all the virtues to emerge from this temple—home.

How should people live in order to come into such a unity? This is very simple! Whoever you meet, consider that person as your brother or sister. And whatever this brother or sister is doing—you will consider it to be good. As long as a woman thinks that her man can possess her, she is on the wrong path. And if a man thinks the same about his woman, he is on the wrong path as well. A woman needs to thank her man that he is bearing light. A man needs to thank his woman that she is bearing warmth. And yet, what are modern men and women doing? When a woman receives light from a man who is learned, she begins to see his shortcomings and judges him. When the man realizes this, he gradually turns off the switch for the light,
and the woman remains in darkness. Then she begins searching for her man and cries for him. She is searching for him because she is in darkness. While she is in light, she is seeing his shortcomings and judging him. These are incorrect understandings of life. When you love your man and live together, make use of his light and do not make any remarks, such as how he dresses, where he directs his gaze, what he speaks—do not say a word about that. Leave him to express freely, as he knows and as he understands. Generally speaking, consider everything your brother or sister does as good. In order to behave like that, patience is necessary.

The Kingdom of God is not something dead. It does not consist of rules and Laws alone, but of sentient beings living in continual unity and harmony. Each and every home is a kingdom in miniature—fathers, mothers, and children form a small kingdom. When there is harmony and Love among the family members, this Kingdom of God manifests Itself and the family members experience Its blessings.

Man and woman represent two principles, two great sentient forces at work. One is called the active, the other is called passive; one is acting, the other is receptive. These are two interchanging processes in Nature. God does not always give; sometimes He takes. He gives in one respect, but takes in another. In the same way, the ocean sends moisture to the land, yet gets it back through the rivers. In this meaning, the masculine and the feminine are two principles at work: the masculine is creative and the feminine is receptive. Therefore, we should be aware of and true to these two principles in life. Only thus we can attain our heart's and mind's desires. Only God can fulfill your ideas and desires. The mother rears the child; the teacher educates the student. As the child cannot be without the mother, so the disciple cannot learn without the Teacher.

The masculine principle represents the central brain—the cerebrum which in the human being serves as a connection with the external world. The feminine principle represents the ventricular brain, which serves as a connection with the inner—the Divine World. The ventricular brain is related to the whole universe, and for this reason, woman is closer to the Divine World than man is. What one perceives through the ventricular brain or sympathetic nervous system is closer to the Truth than what one perceives through the cerebrum.

A human being needs to apply two great Laws in his life. The first Law—love toward God—represents man or the masculine principle. The second Law—love toward your neighbor—represents woman or the feminine principle. Man needs to occupy himself with the first Law; woman, with the second. A human being, however, needs to be occupied with both. One who has taken the form of a man will use the first Law and one who has taken the form of a woman will use the second. One who has awareness of a genuine human being and does not marry or is not looking for a relationship will apply both Laws at the same time. Yet, where is the application of these Laws today? Why does man, who works with the first Law and who thinks himself powerful and able to put the world in order, has still not set it right? So far man has used his powers to subdue woman and convince her that she is helpless and depends on him. I ask: did men succeed in convincing women?

When I examine the history of human evolution, I observe non-observance of both Laws everywhere. An important Law exists that everyone needs to bear in mind. This Law is the following: when a woman loves a man, she is capable of uplifting him. However, if she begins to hate a man, she can bring him to a bad end. Many statistics show that in America all of the clergymen who have good wives are known to be outstanding preachers. Why? It is because their wives love them and share their beliefs. And the opposite is also true: all the wives of clergymen who did not love their husbands and did not share their ideas have contributed to their downfall. Therefore, women have the power over men to uplift or bring down.

The second Law—love for one's neighbor, which is the woman's responsibility is what creates order in society. Therefore, present-day society and everything in it is a result of woman having been subjugated to man. And so then, what should be the goal of the societies and nations of today? The uplifting of womanhood. Uplift woman to that position which she held at one time! Place woman on the level at which she once was and you will see that the world will improve in 25 years. The salvation of the world lies in the uplifting of women. If you do not uplift woman and if she does not uplift herself, salvation cannot come: there is no other way.

When I speak about the uplifting of woman, I have in mind that this idea should permeate the whole of life. It needs to permeate not only people, but the animals, plants, and minerals as well. This great Law should also completely take in the human heart. If the human being abuses his heart, salvation cannot come either. The salvation of modern humankind lies in the uplifting of the heart. If you debase yourself, you debase your heart. If you uplift yourself, you uplift your heart. This is a principle to be applied in education. I am talking about Laws existing in Nature. The goal of the Sentient Nature is to awaken the sublime consciousness in human beings by applying her Laws. It is not enough to pray to the Saints, but the latter need to come down to Earth and work for the uplifting of woman. All the Angels, all the Saints, all the Advanced Beings strive for the uplifting of women. Many modern people are against this great idea and say, "Do you know what woman is? She is like a snake! Those who have burned their fingers already—only they can speak about her."

When you say that a woman is bad, I ask: who has not been born of a woman? Your mother who has carried you in her womb, who has held you in her embrace, who has carried you in her mind and heart—has she not been, is she not, a woman? You do not focus on the fact that she has been debased. Whatever this woman is today, she is your mother. If you have a companion, regard her as your mother. Regard your mother as if God is within her. Humankind needs to fundamentally change its ideas toward women. If not, the salvation of the world will not come.

Man complains that woman is responsible for his sins, yet without her he would have been lost completely. Woman is the lesser "evil" in the world. Without her, the world would be much worse.

Now I repeat to women: bring more light into the minds of your men. Only a woman can do this. A man cannot save another man—only a woman will save him.

A woman can never reconcile two men who are on bad terms. Instead, she will bring enmity between them. Only a mother is capable of bringing peace between two quarreling men, because there are forces within her which positively influence them; they have love toward her. For the same reason, a man cannot reconcile two women who are on bad terms.

What is the task of a woman? To uplift first herself and then man. A good and graceful woman represents the ideal for a man. She instills within him the impulse toward the sublime, motivates him to think and—at the same time—brings peace and tranquility to his soul.

You should multiply the gifts and talents you possess. A woman should see in her husband good qualities and strive to increase them. As a result, the man will begin to share his feelings and gratitude and to share his efforts; he will love and cherish his wife, and he will appreciate and help her. This is how man should behave. If a husband or wife sees negative traits in each other, they need not bring them up. Instead they should try to transform these traits into positive traits and then multiply them. It is said in the Bible that the Kingdom of God is like a mustard seed that grows (Luke 13:18-19), which implies that when the elements of this Kingdom enter the human soul and spirit, they multiply.

Now a question about whether to get married or not has been raised. In the Invisible World, a soul cannot live alone; there souls live in pairs. You will have soulmates. Similarities exist there; you will live together as couples. Human beings do not live alone in general. This is how God has created the world:

- on Earth, two bodies live in one place

- in the astral world, two hearts exist together

- in the mental world, two minds exist in one place

- in the spiritual world, two souls live in one place

- in the Divine World, two spirits live together And when you unite with God, you become One.

Now when you ask if you should marry, you have in mind the physical body. Nowadays bodies are what lead people to marry. One body unites with another, and this is called marriage.

The question about marriage depends only upon the condition whether or not it has been decided for two people to unite and fulfill God's Will on Earth. If it has not been decided, these souls should continue to study alone.

Before you marry you must have Love. This is the meaning of marriage. Without Love there exists no true marriage. This is a great Truth.

When relationships are based upon Love, one cannot make any legal agreements. A man is glad that he has met the woman whom he loves and is grateful to God. The same is true for a woman. What a man will do for work and what a woman will do—this will be arranged by itself. A union which is inspired by Love is worth more than all the riches in the world.

A young woman would like to get married. First she needs to evaluate and observe her own heart and mind. She should be like a clairvoyant in order to enter his home, go through his rooms, his library, see how the books are arranged, see his kitchen, his garden, visit the garden of his love, of his charity, of his justice, and see what kind of flowers he has planted. She should go everywhere to see how everything is arranged; and if she finds that everything is in good order, she then can say, "I am ready to marry this man." This is true marriage.

The young woman should ask herself first, "If I do what I want and get married, can I achieve what I am searching for? If I can achieve it, let me get married." If not, then it would be better if she does not marry. If a woman wants to give birth to a child, let her ask herself if she will be able to uplift her child and herself. If she can achieve this, let her become a mother; but if not, then it would be better if she does not give birth.

When fathers and mothers transform their feelings, a new, healthy generation with right thoughts will be born.

True Love is a model through which people help each other to learn. True Love requires a mindful exchange between souls. To love someone means to experience a proper exchange with him. When the interchange between two people who love each other is proper, then they are joyful, fulfilled, ready to sacrifice for each other and to be helpful to all people. If you find someone whom you love and who loves you, you have found your Teacher. On the one hand, he will teach you; and on the other, you will teach him.

The boy and girl are youthful and beautiful, but as soon as they marry, bills start to follow one after the other. They wonder where these bills came from. This is so simple: they do not marry one person, but a whole company that has already gone bankrupt and is searching for someone to pay off its debt. Without ever questioning, they take these bills upon themselves and suffer their entire life without being able to get above the surface and pay them off. In such a case, only he who has paid off all of his debts, who has freed himself of all his creditors, has the right to get married.

If the young woman is ready for the rest of her life to serve the young man, to fulfill his desires with love and the right consciousness—let her marry him. If she thinks that through marriage she will have security and independence or that she will be a mistress—then she will be unhappy.

Love acknowledges one Law: those who love must serve.

Love is one thing, and marriage is something entirely different. A marriage binds, complicates, and obstructs the freedom of the human soul. Sometimes people marry in order to pay off some old debt, and such a marriage is appropriate. It is within the destiny of these souls as a way of freeing themselves. However, often people marry because of strong feelings, sometimes motivated by material gain or ambition. In such cases, both parents and the children suffer bearing the consequences.

Love without entangling yourself, and one day you will be thankful.

From Love's point of view, it is unacceptable for a person to marry without love. It is unacceptable for a mother and a father to bear children without love. Follow the Law of Love in full and do not fear anything. God is Love. Therefore, when you marry, call upon God to be between both of you. If God is not between you, the marriage and the bearing of children is an act of commerce. That is why, if you let business rule in the most sacred of relationships between two people, you cannot expect to be happy or to achieve anything.

Remember: what robs people of their happiness, what ruins their sublime thoughts, emotions, and actions is the lack of Love.

When you enter a heart, take off your shoes, raise your eyes, and pray to God to bless you. When you lift your mind toward God, He will send all Beings to work upon you and upon the one whose heart you have entered. A man should take off the yoke of his wife and say, "My wife, from now on you will be free to live in my home under these conditions: to work for God's Love; to be free to put on and take off your yoke by your choice; to work for the good of your neighbor and for the good of your soul. If you work in this way, you will be welcomed in my home. These are the terms on which I invite you." These are the new principles for people to apply should they want to marry.

There is a greater power than the power of man—this is the power of purity. Regardless how corrupt a man might be, he will yield to woman's purity.

Love and willpower work together. If a woman has these virtues within herself, she can transform the condition of her man in a moment. Regardless of how bad a mood he is in, when he enters his home his bad mood will disappear.

What kind of woman is it who cannot bring a man to hold her in high regard? What kind of woman is it who cannot paralyze the action of a man? I speak about this woman who has attained Love and Purity. A mighty power is Love—nothing can corrupt it. It is Love and Will alone that will cause a woman to be held in high regard. They will uplift her.

The future belongs to women, to mothers, to sisters. They are a conduit of Love. Love can come only through a woman, not through a man. If a woman dreams of getting married only to have a husband, she does not understand anything. It is meaningful for a woman to get married if she can uplift her husband and direct him toward the right mindful life, toward the fulfillment of God's Will. If she does not open the heart of her husband toward the weak and the oppressed, she has done nothing.

It is said in the Scriptures that the joy of the Angels in Heaven is great for every woman who has devoted her heart to the search for Divine Love. As for me, I would like that more of such women be on Earth so that the Angels may rejoice.

Where life develops in a regular pattern, the husband and wife represent one unit.

How can a woman improve the character of her husband? Through the qualities that she bears within herself. The woman represents the number two. The number two contains within itself a very special quality: reconciliation. This means that woman has the power to restore peace. She manifests her power when the number three—the child—comes.

When a girl marries and becomes a mother, she does this usually not because of a high sense of responsibility and esteem about motherhood, but because she hides a different desire within herself. The young man, too, marries in ignorance of the responsibility which he takes upon himself.

In the Old Testament, it is said that God scorns the prideful, but gives grace to the humble (Proverbs 3:34). By "God," I understand this to refer to the Mother—to Living Nature. And she is great! Great is your Mother Nature!

It is said in the Scriptures that when Christ found himself in human form, He became humble (Philippians 2:8). In order to have the Blessing of the Divine Mother, Christ was ready to endure all suffering. In esoteric science, Father is known as Mother. He is Love, but not in the way you understand this Mother-Love. Do not even think of comparing this Divine Mother with the love you know. There is no image with which we can compare. I call her "Divine Mother," but not with the meaning that she has given birth to God. Esoteric science comprehends the Divine Mother as the Essence of all living things in the world.

Seek the new Teaching that Christ is bringing today through the woman. It will wipe away the tears from the eyes of those who suffer. Of which woman do I speak? I speak of the woman that bears the character of Rachel. She will bloom, will bear fruit, and her fruit will ripen. Yet if one has the character of Leah, it will take a long time for her transformation.

Women can save the world and they will do so. Only mothers can save the world. He who thinks that the world will be saved and improved without the mother is deceiving himself; he is on the wrong

The most sublime, the most powerful word in the world is "mother."

God, Angels, and Saints have strong faith in woman. I have strong faith in women as well. And so, the world will improve when men become loving sons and brothers of women.

What is the assignment of woman? First, to elevate herself, and after that, to elevate man. The good and the beautiful woman is an ideal for a man. She inspires him toward what is sublime, she compels him to think, and at the same time, brings peace and calm to his soul.

I would like for women to become mothers filled with God's Love, to be the bearers of the Idea of their mission: that women should blossom, carrying the fragrance within themselves, dispersing the noble qualities of Love.

Let woman abide in Love and let man bear the authority for woman. As women, you should have the desire to bring forth the fruits of the Spirit which are Love, joy, long-suffering, peace, mercy, temperance, and generosity. In the bearing of these fruits lies true service to God.

Is there no sweeter fruit than Love? Therefore, woman represents the Spirit: she is loved only when she bears Love.

Woman is the symbol of Love.

Some woman says: I must become a mother! If this—that you must be a mother—is enough, then the bird, the cow, the wolf, and the lioness are mothers. But what have these mothers accomplished? The mother needs to address the problem regarding the development of virtues so that when a child is born, her virtues may be also transmitted to her offspring. It is not enough for the woman only to be a mother. She should deeply understand her position and make proper use of it.

To be a mother does not mean merely giving birth to children. When you give birth, you are to instill such life into your child that it will awaken the Divine within him or her.

The mother is like a wellspring and what gushes forth from her ends up in her child. The Divine that is within her, she gives to her son or daughter. The exchange between mother and child is not only external, but also internal. The mother plays an important role—not only in the material world, but also in the world of thoughts and emotions. She creates not only the form, but infuses it with content and meaning: an interchange between the soul of the mother and the soul of the child takes place.

I can advise all mothers who are listening to me how to have the sons and daughters they wish. To those young women and men who are listening to me, I can tell you more about the meaning of life. You will marry—marriage is a sacred institution. However, there are three kinds of marriage. The first is called a contracted union. The second is a master-servant type of relationship; this is to say, man is a master and woman is a servant, or vice versa. The third is a union in which man and woman live in love and wisdom; or, in other words, they live for each other. The wife will never say a bitter word to her husband; moreover, she will never look at him with anger even in situations when he makes the biggest mistakes. This wife will always be loving to her spouse. Only such marriage will produce good children, sages, and saints who will serve the whole of humankind.

If a woman who has conceived is inspired by some great ideas about humankind, she will pass good qualities on to her child. She is like God to her child, so she is capable of creating out of this dust whatever she desires. Yet, as soon as the baby emerges from her womb, this begins the child's independence in thoughts and feelings. If, during the nine-month period of pregnancy, she has instilled the qualities of Love and Wisdom into the child, he will have a good attitude toward her for the rest of his life and will be ready to sacrifice himself for her. When a son asks his mother why he was born, I naturally conclude that during the pregnancy she or the father had prevailing negative thinking. Sons and daughters usually bear the thoughts of their parents. Modern science has also come to this conclusion. Certainly, in such a general talk, I cannot go into depth or into more detail concerning that issue so as to explain the principle of it. We need schools to educate young people in these great Laws in order to become good mothers and fathers and, at the same time, builders of the future society.

Today woman who will elevate man appears upon the scene. Traditionally, a woman has been brought up with the goal of developing tenderness and softness in her character. For this reason, Nature has given her the assignment of becoming a mother, to bear children, and to raise them. In this way, she passes through suffering and becomes ennobled. The future belongs to woman; she will educate man. She has created such a disorder in the world from which people cannot escape even today. Men fight, but all the time for a woman. Women need to be imbued by one fundamental idea—to apply Love. Do not bind yourself to an undeserving man. Do not deceive yourself that when you marry him he will improve. Marriage cannot improve a man.

When I say "mothers," I do not mean this in the ordinary sense of the word. We would like to be healthy, to be happy, to be intelligent, to have a religion—all this is very good. However, this religion needs to be the Religion of Love. We would like to have schools; let these schools be Schools of Wisdom. We would like to have a social system, to have laws, but let all these be based upon one Absolute Divine Justice! These problems will be solved by mothers. Which mothers? The future mothers, not those of today.

Many mothers are influenced by society, are ashamed to follow a spiritual path, to follow a spiritual life. They do not realize that society is not the true authority in these matters. This is something that refers to your own soul. The mother precedes society. The older always has the greater experience.

The mature mother gives birth to sensible, good children. The young mother gives birth to children with loving hearts.

We, the people of today, are solving the problem of how we should live. However, we should not be solving the problems of how we should live, but of how we should be born. We should solve the problem of what kind of mothers we should have, what kind of fathers.

If you would like to improve the condition of society, first the mothers and the fathers should be involved, then the priests and the teachers, and lastly, the judges. If the priests and the teachers begin first, nothing will come of it. Mothers and fathers need to set the fundamental tone in life. Some say that the church will save people. I say: salvation comes from mothers and fathers. That father who from the beginning gives the best thing to his children is like a priest, a patriarch, a bishop, and a king. That mother who instills sublime and enlightened thoughts and ideals into the souls of her children from an early age—she is like a queen. To be a mother or a father—these are sacred positions which God has assigned to human beings.

Today people debase the position that the mother and the father hold and say, "Let the teacher come and instruct our children." Teachers can teach only to the extent that their own fathers and mothers have instilled within their souls sublime and enlightened ideals.

In fertile soil, one can sow whatever one desires and expect a result. One cannot sow anything in sandy soil.

From the organic point of view one of the institutions that is Divine is the father and mother who represent the home. It is the first institution on Earth. There is no institution more noble and luminous than the home, and there is no title higher than that of mother and father. There are many fathers and mothers on Earth, but in reality, they are stepfathers and stepmothers. In relation to the organic world, a father and a mother play an important role: through their blood, they transmit the qualities of their souls to their children. The education of a child is determined by the qualities which a mother instills in a child at an early age. By the word "blood," I do not mean any ordinary blood, but that one which remains unchangeable under all circumstances of life.

The word "virgin" implies absolute purity and perfection. Fathers are too weak to give forth their genius to their sons. Mothers are able to give more to their sons than fathers. Genius is brought forth on the mother's side through the emotions. The spirit is the bearer of genius, and the soul nourishes it. The word "genius" comes from the Greek and means "the beginning, the origination of things." Learned people have given a different meaning to this word, which is "a person who creates, who makes epochs." People of genius work in the world of solid matter. Their lives are exposed to great disturbances, and for this reason, their death is untimely. In order for a person of genius to be able to live many years on Earth, he needs to become a saint.

Man needs to be benevolent; woman, virtuous. Magnanimous is he, in whose mind doubt never enters in respect to a woman. Pure and virtuous is that woman or virgin who never permits any impure thought or any doubt with respect to a man. If she permits anything bad in her mind, she is no longer a virgin.

I define "mother" in the following way: a mother is that woman who alone can instill a Divine Idea into the soul of her daughter. A mother who cannot instill a Divine Idea into the soul of her daughter is not a mother. Likewise, a father who cannot impart a Divine Idea to his son is not a true father.

The time has come in which egotism will take its real place, when it will return where it has come from. Love for oneself must become a servant to love for one's neighbor. The right hand is I; the left, my neighbor. The Head is God. The right hand must serve the left hand; and both together—God. When a husband realizes that, he will not cheat his wife by promising her what he cannot accomplish. Instead, he should say, "I am like the right leg, and you the left. I step forward, then you step forward. I move forward, and you—backward. Then you move forward, and I backward." The father is the head of the family and the mother is the heart. One cannot function without the heart or without the head.

The parents create the body of the child, but the essence of the child is created by another Source.

In order to endure in life, we need to have three essential qualities: Wisdom, Truth, and Virtue. Why does a mother tolerate certain negative tendencies of her child and try to educate him? Because she can foresee that regardless of his faults he will become a great person—someone useful for his family and his nation. By foreseeing this, the mother tells herself, "For this child I will embrace all hardships and endure all his faults." And she is wise to do so. The patient person is wise and foresees the future. Let's consider a young unmarried woman. She keeps her hands very clean; she does not even use water but fragrant lotions. Yet, when she gets married and has a child, she is not afraid to get them dirty in the baby's "perfume" and even enjoys it. What does she find in this child? What is the reason for her attachment? This baby weighs only few kilograms. The child, however, has this Divine soul that attracts the mother's love to the point that she is ready to take care of him very patiently and indulge him in everything.

True happiness and wellbeing can exist only in a life full of love and guided by the Supreme Intelligence. To attain this, science recommends the following: each mother and father, as well as each educator must study human essence in its totality and investigate the conditions for awakening and developing certain positive or negative qualities. In this lies the foundation of a good education. We should know how the capabilities are situated within the brain, what is their relationship, as well as which of these capabilities have been developed in an individual. If we know that, then we can begin educating our sons and daughters with the help of scientific knowledge. If a mother would have even superficial knowledge about the condition of her child's brain, she would have helped him avoid many future misfortunes. It is said, "Strike while the iron is hot." The same is valid for human nature. Human nature can be transformed and educated until it has this original friendliness and openness of mind of youth, and is ready to take it in and accept all that is given. The brain is the central core of all our forces and capabilities. Each power and capability has its own organ to manifest its function. Overcoming one or another force or tendency within us produces an imprint on the person's character and his entire life. All other forces and capabilities are focused around this essential center, which determines the goal of our life and from there—our moral character.

In order to come to Earth, a soul needs to find a father and a mother who will sign a contract by which they agree to accept and raise it. After the contract has been signed, the mother and the father can say, "A child has been born to us."

For a child to be born, the father and the mother would have to had been working consciously upon themselves for generations upon generations in order to have amassed the material for the building of a strong, favorable house for the child. If they do not have such material, it is better not to get married and not to build a house that will collapse after a few years. You will say that in the Scriptures it is written that people should get married and multiply. From the Divine point of view, this means: reproduce and multiply according to the Law of Love, Wisdom, and Truth.

Some may ask, "How is it possible to work for nothing; how can we live without money?" I ask how many thousands are being paid to parents to rear and educate their four or five children? Is there a law by which mothers and fathers are obliged to get up five to six times a night to watch over their little children? There is no such law and constitution, yet in spite of this; the work of parenting goes on more smoothly and naturally than any other work subjected to the state law. Therefore, mothers and fathers show us the first Law that we must observe. I say: if you live as parents and children live in a household; if you live as brothers and sisters live together, you are on the right path.

Sentient Nature has ways by which a barren woman can become fruitful, but she keeps these ways secret. There are certain moments during the day when children cannot be born or conceived. These are the so-called "dead points." Remember: as there exist physical or material methods for the achievement of certain things, so too, there exist certain spiritual or psychic methods. Both have been applied since ancient times. For example, in the Bible are mentioned cases in which barren women have conceived and given birth. The childless woman has turned to God with a sincere and heartfelt prayer, with a promise in her soul. And her prayer has been answered. The prominent scientist recommends some medicinal salt, but the devout woman prays to God. Her sincere prayer to God is the salt which the scientist prescribes. The latter has found some medicinal salt with which a barren cow gives birth to bull calves, and the barren woman to boys. In the future, the scientist needs to find also the proper salt through which girls to be born. One may ask, "Why does barrenness exist in human life?" It is a result of some deviation from the Great Divine Law. By "barrenness," in the broad sense of the word, we understand the lack of virtue in human beings.

The mother and the father need to have applied Christ's Laws even before the birth of their children. They should have lived according to these Laws at least for one hundred years before they marry. If these Laws have become their flesh and blood, their children will live according to these Laws as well. Otherwise, they will give birth to sons and daughters who will not follow their way. For such children, it is said that they have nothing in common with their parents. This creates contradictions for the parents as well as for the children. The parents try to draw the children to themselves, but the children will go their separate ways.

The time has come for favorable conditions to be created for the birth of children. As a future mother, a woman has a great responsibility. If she realizes her responsibility, she will never direct negative thoughts toward her companion.

The only power that can bring the world into order is Love. This means: a man should never marry a woman he does not love, for whom he is not ready to sacrifice everything. The same is true for a woman. The child needs to be born as a result of the love of the mother and the father. A child born with love in the presence of God is a child of the new epoch. Only mothers and fathers who live in Love are able to improve the world. Only they can give birth to the new people. If you give birth to a son or a daughter whom you do not love, you will have great trials through them. Why do you need such children?

The child is the one who creates, who uplifts the mother. He creates conditions for her manifestation. For this reason a woman wants to become a mother.

If birth is an important process for which new favorable conditions are required, then no less important are the processes of conception and pregnancy. When a mother conceives, she should be like a priestess. Not only a mother, but a father as well: both should be like priests, priests of purity and sublime life. All should work for the creation of those great conditions which will give birth to great ideas in the world.

The shepherd knows the time when his sheep should conceive, yet people do not know the time when a child should be conceived. They say, "It is not important when a child is conceived, it is only important for this soul to come into physical existence. It does not matter at what time it is due: that is in God's Hands." God gives everything, but you should nevertheless observe the favorable conditions for the conception and birth of your child.

The planets influence favorably or unfavorably not only the moment of an individual's birth but that of his conception as well. Mindful people are aware of these moments, and follow them during the conception of a child and at the beginning of every important work.

When we say that people are masters of their destiny, we mean that they can create what they want. We imply that before things are manifested we can visualize them in their ideal form. Once they have been manifested, they cannot be changed in any way.

One of the sacred questions of life is: which are the times of day for boys to be conceived and born, and which for girls? It can be exactly determined whether boys or girls are conceived in the morning, noon, or evening. The exact hour and minute when boys or girls are likely to be conceived can be determined.

People born during the night carry the signs of the night; people born during the day carry the signs of the day. In addition to this, those who are born in the morning at sunrise differ completely from those who are born in the evening at sunset. In general, every person carries the signs of the hour, minute, and second of his birth.

A pregnant woman needs to carry her child with joy and tenderness, with beauty and humility in order to transmit these qualities to the child. Only in such a way can the future generation be improved.

"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls" (Matthew 11:29). This is a verse which is worthy of applying in life. Everyone should write it within their mind and heart. The pregnant woman should repeat this verse throughout the whole pregnancy. Sometimes she remembers this verse, but not until after she gives birth to the child—and then it is already too late.

During pregnancy, a woman should be surrounded only by beautiful things so that the disposition of her spirit may be good. The ancient Greeks were more advanced than modern educated people. When a woman was pregnant, they would place her in an environment in which she could look at beautiful paintings and sculptures. In order to develop the beautiful within oneself, one needs to look at beautiful things.

During this time, the husband should be an ideal man for his wife. She should see in him the best qualities, because if the slightest doubt enters her, it will reflect on the child. When she conceives, she should not be discontented with him if he has made her unhappy, because the child will be unhappy as well.

While the child is developing in the womb of its mother, he is in a passive condition, the baby in utero does not breath of eat on its own. During this time, the mother educates her child. She is telling him, "Now I am giving you instructions; I am teaching you music. You are not to sing or talk, only listen." After coming out of the mother's womb, the child's mouth opens and he begins to cry. In this way, the child expresses himself.

If, while pregnant, the mother addresses her child with the thoughts, "You will become a good child; you will grow up and acquire knowledge; you will love people and will help them," then the child will really become what the mother desires.

The human spirit within the womb of the mother is learning as well. It does not stay in a dormant state. It helps the spirit of the mother in creating the body.

Even the worst criminal could be reformed, but only when in the womb of the mother. Therefore, it is advisable for a pregnant woman to consume certain "foods": pure and sublime thoughts, feelings, and actions. Only in such a way can she help her child, in the event that the infant carries some bad tendencies within. In the way that people now feed, raise, and educate their children, it cannot be expected a lot of them.

The food that the pregnant woman eats and the way in which she receives it have a great influence on the child to be born. Many experiments have been done which show that food is one of the major factors in the physical and spiritual well-being of the child.

The first influence on a child comes from a mother and a father. The mother influences the child in her womb through her thoughts, feelings, and actions. The food the woman consumes during pregnancy, as well as the food she gives her child after his birth is of great importance. What the child will become depends on the spiritual life of the mother.

Every mother who conceives a child should say, "Daughter, son, it is my wish that you would live in the future according to the Law of Love and represent it fully." If she says this, she will have daughters and sons who are heroes, who will live according to the Law of Love. Every mother should instill this within her children. When young people marry, they should say, "Our sons and daughters will live for Love, for the God of Love who unites all people." The new generation will be a bearer of the new ideas of Divine Love. The way it is now, if we are born in an improper way and want to reeducate people—we cannot do anything. A person can be re-educated in his mother's womb, in God's Love. He himself cannot do this. It is only mothers who can recreate human beings, re-educate them. A person himself is only 50 percent a factor of his re-education. He is like a ship without a rudder which can be pushed anywhere by the waves of the ocean.

Therefore, conditions for women need to be improved in the future. Women after conceiving should be placed under the best conditions. The conditions for children must be changed as well— not mechanically, but according to the Law of Living Nature.

Cosmic Love represents the Great Law that unifies and allocates all active forces into our consciousness, so that every living being created by Love itself is provided with the appropriate and essential food for its manifestation. Love provides appropriate thoughts for the mind, appropriate wishes for the heart, and appropriate actions for the will. Yet, only mothers can teach Cosmic Love. When a mother forms her child's body, she supplies that child with Cosmic Love through her self-sacrifice.

Mothers are those who recruit members for different social strata and circles. As I have already said: while a mother is still pregnant and the child is still in her womb, she can shape whatever kind of person she likes. Society depends on her for creating both its good and bad members. If a mother has conceived, but does not infuse her baby with Cosmic Love, she will not be able to form the child as she desires. If during the time of her pregnancy, she attends frivolous balls and mindless concerts, spending her time seeking mainly entertainment, she will cause the creation of other individuals like Judas; and then she, herself, will wonder why her child did not turn out well. The mother is the cause. She has not created conditions for the building of something good. If children are gifted and with noble character, it is because their mothers have understood the Cosmic Law and at the appropriate time have given their children the possibility of using it. Character and strength are passed down to the child by the father; while intellect is inherited from the mother. Honesty is passed down by the father; righteousness, by the mother. Only the father can make his son or daughter honest. Only the mother can make her son or daughter righteous. Sometimes, one will find children who are honest and intelligent, but they are not righteous and good. In such cases, I say that one of the parents has erred. If a child has all these four qualities, it indicates that both parents have worked in accordance with Cosmic Love and have imparted these qualities to their offspring.

Cosmic Love is an excellent worker; whatever kind of wool you give it, Love will spin it. Showing us the spun wool, Love says, "This is what you gave me, and this is what I created." To clarify this concept, I will make a comparison with the following story. A young man by the name of Stoyan was a servant of a rich merchant. He worked honestly and gave all his earnings to the poor. Seeing this, his master constantly remarked to him that he should save something for himself too, because old age will come and there will be no one to take care of him. Stoyan kept silent at these remarks, or just said, "The Lord is good." One day, his master fell into a deep sleep and had a very vivid dream. He was strolling through a beautiful countryside and there, amid the luxuriant landscape, he noticed a wonderful villa. He asked those present, whose villa it was. "It belongs to your servant," was the answer. "But he is only a poor man, where did he earn enough money to buy such a beautiful villa?" "He is poor indeed, but everything he earns on Earth, he is sending here; and with it, he has built this beautiful villa." Walking further along, the master came to a more arid, desert-like place and noticed a small, meager cabin. He asked again, "Whose cabin is this?" "This is yours, because you have never done anything for those in need," was the answer.

This story is true also in the sense that whatever a mother gives to her children in this world—and to the extent she gives it—that much she will receive back; and with it, she will build for herself either a beautiful villa or a small cabin in the World beyond. If she is generous in her Cosmic Love for her children, she will have a palace. By "palace," I am implying the human character. If we introduce this new Law into contemporary life, many of the big problems will disappear.

During pregnancy a woman should be under the most favorable conditions: she should eat right in a good and harmonious disposition of her spirit; she should not eat before sunrise or after sunset. The pregnant woman should breathe deeply, with right thinking and feeling. As the pregnant woman is very sensitive and receptive, which leads to increased imagination, she and her relatives should provide nice surroundings and pleasant, sublime occupations and enjoyments. Her morning walks should be occupied with observing the beautiful sunrise, then strolling in gardens full of fragrant blossoming flowers and fruit trees. One can find the meaning of Life in places where it unfolds, where there is growth. Both physical and spiritual purity are necessary conditions for a pregnant woman. Where can one find more purity than in nature? That is why the future mother should visit pure wellsprings and rivers so that they serve as a reflection of her life. Enjoying still, pleasant nights with a sky full of twinkling stars is also wonderful for a pregnant woman.

I suggest that a mother should educate her child while still in her womb, not after birth. During the nine-month gestation period the child has the optimal conditions under which to learn; after birth the child will require accommodations to process the received information. Therefore, one should not ignore the mental life of the future mother. The best, the finest literature should be her mental nourishment. Lives of the saints and great people should motivate her way of thinking. Beautiful and sublime poetry, beautiful music and songs, should be part of her life. Calmness and quietude are necessary for her as well as for Nature, who is performing the great act of creating a human being. If you would like to get good fruit from a tree, create good conditions and leave the rest to nature. The same is true for the creation of a human being. The good, mindful person is conceived and evolves under special conditions. Three essentials are required for such an act: goals, conditions, and achievements— and all these are found in Sentient Nature. Nature is health, beauty, and purity. She excludes any disease, negativity, and impurity.

No one is born by accident. For example, it is assumed that the first man was created on the day of the first Equinox, when the conditions were favorable. For this reason, all the artists, musicians, writers, poets, and all great scientists need to participate in the creation of the new human being. The world needs new people to work for its betterment and uplifting. And this depends upon woman. She is the internal factor which needs to correctly use all the favorable external conditions. In this sense one should think of woman—mother, sister, vir- gin—as a delicate, fragrant flower which no frost can destroy.

The education of a child is in the mother's hands. What the mothers bring to the children during pregnancy is important. After that—after the children are born—it is more difficult to educate them. Therefore, I say mothers will put the world in order. During pregnancy, a mother can inspire her child toward wisdom and intelligence; she can influence feelings and also strengthen the will of her child.

After birth, the connection between mother and child continues, but in a different way. A child who is not held in the mother's arms loses something valuable. There is a connection between the physical bodies of mother and child. Therefore, the child should not live far away from the mother until at least age 14 or 15.

What the mother can give her child in one year, relatives and the environment cannot provide in 20 years. Statistics show that children who have grown up until the age of 20 with the love of their parents possess a nobler character than those who have been deprived of their parents' love. The Law states: If the parents' love toward their child is weak, the child is more likely to become ill. In order for you to be healthy, the love of your mother needs to permeate your soul fully.

If the father and the mother have thought of committing a crime, the son to whom they have given birth could think of this as well. Therefore, people need to be pure; that is to say, have pure thoughts and feelings. When an expectant parent has a negative thought, it can incarnate with the child.

When you, as a mother, caress your child's head, say, "May Divine Thoughts enter you. May you carry Light to humankind. May you help your weaker brethren. May noble thoughts permeate you."

He who treats plants and animals well will be kind to people as well. This is the morality of the New Culture. The mother needs to teach the child that Divine Life permeates the whole of Nature: the flowers, the trees, the little flies, and the birds—everything.

As long as the child believes that the teacher does not lie, the teacher has authority. However, if he or she notices that the teacher is not telling the truth, the teacher no longer has any authority over the child. The same is true for parents.

Never speak in a negative way, "Do not do this! Do not do harm!" But say instead, "Do good!" Instead of the words, "Do not lie!" say, "Speak the truth!" The less you speak about negative things the better. We should speak about the positive.

Mother's milk is of great importance for the child. While the baby is touching the mother's breast, there is a beneficial influence upon the child, not only through the received milk, but also from the magnetic energy which alternately flows from the left or right breast of the mother. If another woman feeds the infant, the effect will not be the same. A power flows from a mother which ennobles her child. When a mother breast-feeds her child, she needs to have the best disposition of the spirit and not be angry. Men generally do not pay attention to the disposition of mothers during this period.

While a mother is breast-feeding her child, for as long as three years, she needs to live a pure life and not allow any negative thought to enter her mind. If her house has burned down, if her husband has left her—this should not disturb her peace. During these three years, she needs to be still and calm. What do modern mothers do? They feed their children with different porridges prepared from oats, barley, millet, and so on. All of these porridges cannot supply the child with the elements that are provided by mother's milk. Within the milk of the mother are found conscious powers that no other food can supply. Goat's and cow's milk are good, but do not contain these conscious powers which are in woman's milk. And we wonder why people, with all the science and knowledge they have at their disposal, do not know how to eat and live right.

Any child with whom the mother is not content cannot become a great individual. The great individual is one who is conceived in the moment when the mother is filled with love, sublime thoughts, and noble feelings. During the time of her pregnancy, she has lived a pure and holy life. During this time, the father was also filled with light and love.

If the child is a girl, the mother has invested more than than the father. The latter is using the interest of the mother's capital. The father rejoices that a girl has been born in that there will be someone to love him. The daughter loves her father; and the son his mother. If in a family a boy is born, the father has invested his capital and the mother is using it. The son loves his mother.

A home where man, in other words, the masculine positive forces predominate is based upon the number 12. The first child to be born in such a home will be a boy. If the creative forces predominate in a home, in other words, the feminine is dominant, this shows that this home is based upon the number 21. The first child to be born in such home will be a girl. Therefore, in order for a boy to be born in a family, the father needs to be very intelligent. In order for a girl to be born in a family, the mother needs to be loving. When Wisdom predominates in a home, a boy is born; and when Love predominates, a girl is born. This shows that children are not born by accident, but according to certain Laws. If these Laws are not understood and applied, many boys and girls will be born, yet they will be such only in form. In reality, they will not possess the qualities of a boy and a girl.

If children are capable and with sublime ideals, this is because the mother has understood the Cosmic Law well and has provided the opportunity for her offspring to use it. Character and vitality are transmitted by the father; and the intellect by the mother. Honesty is transmitted by the father, and judiciousness by the mother. Only the father can make his son or daughter just. If all these four qualities are met in a child, this shows that the father and the mother have worked according to Cosmic Love and have instilled these qualities in their child.

Many times a child comes home full of excitement after an interesting lesson and tries to retell it to his mother. Yet the mother reacts, "Leave me alone, I do not want to listen to your babbling." In this case the mother is totally wrong. She needs to listen to her child, to hear what the teacher has said in school—this is his testimony. If the mother interrupts him harshly 10 to 20 times, the child may deviate in his mind from the right path in life.

If a mother and a father do not introduce into the soul of a child the sacred image of God, they have not fulfilled their destiny as such. Children are to hold in their souls a sacred image of their mother and father as substitute representatives of God.

The children of the new people will be distinguished by their purity and sublime ideals. When such a child is born into a home, it will bring blessings to his home, as well as to his neighbors. When a soul descends from the World of Love, it brings blessings for humankind.

The more that a fruit has been sung to, the sweeter it becomes. The same Law is true for human beings as well. Someone who is nourished with music and song has a sublime mind and an open heart, and rejoices in everything. Whatever he encounters in his life, he always sees it from its good side.

To marry—this is to create the conditions for a soul to develop. It comes from God down to Earth and you should guide it.

The small creative ideas and impulses which one sustains within oneself give birth after a while to some great ideas. People need to work dozens of years on certain ideas before they can realize them. Nothing in the world exists by chance. In order for an intelligent, beautiful child to be born, the mother will have worked in this direction for dozens of years. In order for a child of genius to be born, the mother will have sustained this idea within her mind for centuries.

A mother is occupied with her children, but this is not her sole destiny. She should perform a higher service: she should work upon her soul. This is her higher service and destiny. She should instill in her soul such properties as will enable her to cope with all the trials of life. It is not merely a question of having people multiply; but rather, that into the world human beings are born: not daughters and sons who seek pleasures, but such people who are ready to fulfill God's Will and to work mindfully.

A mother is she who can inspire the respect and esteem of her children. When they hear that she is coming, they stand up and say, "Mother is coming." Do not think that a mother is a soft woman, lacking in character.

For the successful rearing of children, the mother should be absolutely pure. You cannot evolve morally if you do not purify yourselves. If you foster within yourself any malice, any weaknesses, or foolish ideas and beliefs, and think that you can manifest them through the help of the new Teaching, you can be assured that you will remain as you have been. Nature never pours new wine into old wineskins. The New can penetrate you only after you have purified your mind of any misconceptions and your heart of any vices. In every minute, you should strive toward purity.

The higher the awareness of the parents, the more talented are the children. Into a home in which the mother and father have been virtuous—in the full sense of the word—the best, most intelligent and talented children are born. We have this example with Christ. He was born of the purest Virgin.

Now I address all mothers with the question: what do you do when a child is born to you? I have observed how a mother enjoys her child. She bathes the baby, caresses and pats her infant on the cheeks, kisses and lulls him. She sings to the baby her own lullaby wishing for her son to become a rich person, a rich merchant, a strong man. What is it that the mother does not wish for her child to become?

Yet, she forgets to wish for him the most important thing. The child grows up. He becomes a strong man, a successful merchant, but he begins to cheat in order to become even richer. He becomes a man of science, but begins to manufacture poisons for the destruction of people. He becomes strong and begins to oppress those weaker than himself. The mother knows only her lullaby and then wonders why the child turned out as he did. "Is this what I have hoped for?" she asks. What she sang to him, he has become.

As long as a child is an infant, his mother sings to him. Later she swats his rear end. Do not slap your child's rear end, but instead touch his head and say, "Let sublime Divine Thoughts enter into your head so that you may become a bearer of Light for humankind and help your weaker brothers." Place your hand on the head of your child and say, "Let sublime and noble thoughts and Divine feelings enter into you, my child."

Some hug their children, holding them fast in their arms; and, in this way, nourish egotism within them. Interpreted, this means: when you catch someone, you hold him tightly so that you squeeze out some of his powers. These actions are unconscious, but some day mothers will see the result of their selfish expectations. A mother is glad that her child is healthy, but she needs to penetrate deep into his or her soul and plant true seeds there. If she does not do this, everything that has been planted by her will fall on stones, wither, and become dry.

Upon leaving the womb of the mother, the child passes through all the joys and suffering the mother has been through during the time of her pregnancy. For example, if during the time of her pregnancy the mother has passed through unfavorable external conditions, they will influence the child. However, the child will possess internal capabilities and conditions by which he or she can overcome the external ones.

When do children not love their mother? When they have not been born with Love. What kind of child will be born by a mother if she is thinking at the same time about her husband and another man whom she loves? You will say that this is wrong. That is not the point. The important thing is that the house which the master carpenter builds must be strong. The master carpenter needs to build it, and do this on one and the same foundation and not on different foundations. In conclusion, I will say: the young woman should marry the man whom she loves; otherwise, it is better not to marry. The same is true for the young man.

The mother and child need to be provided good living conditions. When the children are still little, they should live in the best conditions. What are these? You should nourish your children with fruit. If children are anemic, give them more pears to eat. If their character is a little rough, give them more apples. If they lack nobility in their feelings, give them cherries, which—at the same time—regulate the stomach. Other fruits which do this as well are watermelons, pumpkin, and squash. Should they be cooked or raw? Raw fruit, in general, develops noble feelings. When children eat plenty of fruit, they do not need a lot of other food. Fruits will give them the best education. But they should not overeat and burden their stomach. If I had a child, I would take a red apple, show it to the child and let him or her first look at it for a few minutes. Thus, the feeling of thankfulness and love will be generated within the child and the fruit will produce a positive effect. I need not tell the child anything about the fruit. After that, I would ask him or her to eat it. The same with prunes and cherries. If you ask me why God created fruit, I will answer you: so that He may educate His children.

All those who take care of children—both parents and teachers—need to apply the new methods for children's upbringing and education so as to be of assistance to their charges. Mothers and fathers send their children to school not only to acquire knowledge, but also to learn how to put this knowledge into practice. To begin with, teachers should teach children: how to eat and what foods, presenting their properties and qualities, pointing out to the healthy ones, and so on. After that, they should teach them how to breathe—to take in the pure air. By "air," I mean all thoughts—whatever they might be—as long as they provide inspiration and a noble impulse for the human soul.

If people understood the importance of how the food they eat is cooked, they would pay more attention to their self-education regarding nourishment. Each mother should bear this in mind in the upbringing of children. Until the child reaches the age of seven, she should prepare the child's meals herself. Until such an age, the child should only eat food that has been prepared by the mother. In this regard, birds are an example. Until the little ones grow up, the father and mother constantly bring them food. They raise them by themselves. When they grow up—when they fly out of the nest—the parents leave them alone to take care of themselves. The birds handle family life better than people.

To be a mother—this does not mean to be good to your children only, but also to others' children. The health of a mother's children is influenced by her attitude toward other people's children.

The longer that the mother holds her child in her arms, the wiser this child will become.

The mother is God's governess—she raises His children.

While children are being raised and educated, it is important for harmony to exist among mother and her children. If harmony reigns within the family, the mother will come into contact with Sentient Beings from higher realms who will help her in the upbringing of her children. If harmony does not reign, a mother will be in contact with beings from lower realms who will obstruct her.

There are two paths through which God's Teaching can be made manifest. The first path is through education in the schools; the other, through the mothers. Both of them need to understand the new conditions, just as gardeners and farmers study the conditions under which they will plant seeds.

All negative qualities of a mother can become negative qualities in her child as well. We can also prove with statistics that positive qualities of a mother will become positive qualities in her child and that positive qualities of a father are also transmitted as positive qualities to his child. Therefore, we need to live positively. A mother needs to be religiously inclined in order to require this from her child. What is to be understood by "religious disposition"? Religious disposition means that within the soul of a mother such love flows forth that she is ready to embrace with this love not only her own child but the entire world; and that she is ready to sacrifice herself for others. This is a religious disposition: that love is gushing forth from you—not only that you may save yourself, but that you may sacrifice yourself for others.

Every morning when you arise from sleep, inscribe within your mind the two Laws of God: Love for God and love for your neighbor. The application of these two Laws in your lives is the solution to many difficult problems. Those who have applied these two Laws have performed many miracles.

I consider woman to be a polarity. Originally, when God created woman, she was completely different from what she is today. The woman who exists on Earth is neither as the one in Heaven nor as the one in paradise: she is only a resonance, a reflection of the enlightened and sublime woman. In this meaning, love is only an outward reflection of this woman. And yet, Love only manifests where the feminine is present. If the feminine in a person is missing, Love will be missing as well. If people knew what woman was and placed her in her proper position, the world would be immediately uplifted.

Today a woman is regarded as a being that needs a man to look after her. I say: this is not a woman; this is a disabled person in a hospital. According to me, a woman is one who saves the world; a woman is one who holds the keys to Life; a woman is one through whom the great and mighty power of that Love which bears Life is manifested. Therefore, the salvation of the world will come through women and not through men.

Now, I would like for all of you to become "women"! This thought expressed in other words means: I would like the souls of all people to be filled with Love; I would like all of you to become illuminated, to become lit candles, fulfilled and joyous, ready for every kind of service. This means that every human being should be like a mother. In this sense, I would like all of you to become "mothers." Today, one understands the word "mother" to mean a woman who gives birth. It is much more than that: a mother is only one whose children do not "die." If the children of a woman "die," she is not a true mother. Mother is only the pure woman, the virgin who even after giving birth remains a virgin. Mother is the virgin whose children do not "die." Therefore, all people need to become virgins—absolutely pure—if they want what is born of them not to "die." This is the intrinsic meaning of this philosophy of life. If you understand this philosophy, your life will become rewarding.

And so, the first great commandment is to come to love God with your whole heart, mind, and will. The second commandment is to come to love your neighbor—in other words, your virgin, your heart, and to set to the great task of uplifting it.

Be, therefore, workers for the uplifting of woman; and, from there, workers for the future of the whole of humankind.

Today I am addressing all women: you need to turn your men toward God. The salvation of the world is in your hands. You are a symbol of Love. You need to set straight the disordered minds of your men. How will this happen? By bringing Divine Love into your hearts. You need to love your men. You need to love your only man, but without becoming his slave. You need to love the One, in other words, you need to love God within him.

Women need to work to attain depth. They are to work intensely upon themselves, educate themselves so that they may give birth to good children, good citizens. As long as woman does not fulfill her mission appropriately, she will always be blamed for all the misfortunes of the world. The world needs kind, wise, and idealistic women.

How will peace be introduced into the world? Who can bring peace? Today no law is capable of ending war and bringing peace. If all the scientists were to unite and begin working to use science for the ending of war and the bringing about of peace, even they would not succeed.

I say: there is only one power in the world which can end war and bring peace. What is this power? Woman! If all women were to unite and say, "From now on we will not give birth to criminals!"—then they would put an end to wars. And if each mother were to tell her son, "If you kill your brother, I will renounce you: you are not my son!"—then wars would come to an end.

In order to achieve this, not only two or three women will need to become aware of their task, but all women together will need to uplift themselves and begin working for the salvation of the world. From now on, women will be held responsible for the non-fulfillment of their task. That is why, from thousands of years ago until now, women have been abused in general and have been reduced to the condition of slaves. They have unbearable suffering. The Law applied toward them is inexorable. Why? Because they possess the power to solve the issue of the salvation of humankind, but they do not want to use it. Women should direct their energy toward the entire world and say, "Down with wars! Down with all delusions! Down with all false teachings!"

Love and joy originate from the fruits of the spirit. These are the fruits woman should bear. I ask, "Have all women given birth to these fruits?" Women say, "We give birth." But to what? From now on give birth to Love, joy, long-suffering, compassion—this is the true service to God. Using an analogy, tell me which fruits you like the most? Your answer would be: the sweet fruits. Then, is there sweeter fruit than Love? For this reason, women, who are representative of the Spirit, need to give birth to Love in order to be loved. Woman is Love. All are in love with the child of such a woman, and the mother rejoices when she kisses him. People will say about such a mother, "Blessed is the mother who has given birth to such a child— Love." This is a fact that should be imprinted within your heart and your spirit. This fact shows that you possess something unchangeable within.

When I said that we should give birth, I meant that we should become "women." To give birth and nurture means to take the place of a woman, regarding her as an emblem of spirit, joy, Love, long- suffering, and peace.

Young people, the future is yours! Men and women, live according to the Law of Love! Do not follow the path of those who have become old by wrongdoings. Renounce the many sweethearts you have. One sweetheart is enough: one girl, but wonderful, and one young man, but excellent. These are enough; you do not need two men or two women. Then, may you have inner freedom—do not bind yourselves into slavery. Think this way and apply this Law everywhere—in the social, political, and religious life—to follow the Divine Teaching.

The upbringing of a child should be considered in its totality. We have distorted the functions of nature; and through ignorance, we try to correct our mistakes. This will not work properly. Today only God can convert and educate us. Christ knew this and said, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God" (John 3:3). This means: you cannot educate yourselves. Education implies that we are to be born anew by the Spirit. Only then can we educate others.

The words from the Scriptures, "To be born again" mean also that man should become as God has created him originally. He should regard woman as "the new Eve," the virgin, in other words the sublime, beautiful, powerful source of Life or the Primary Cause that has created everything. As long as man does not understand woman—his heart—he cannot understand himself; he cannot understand his mind either. Otherwise, he will come in conflict with the Creation. Why? Because woman is the last creation of God. Thus, from this last creation and its results one can have ideas about causes and effects.

"To be born again" means that woman should return to the place where God has placed her originally. She should regard man as "the new Adam" as God has created him in the beginning. He should be like a mirror where she can see the image of the Divine Origin. As long as woman does not understand man—her mind—she cannot understand her heart either.

And so, if the heart does not support the mind, and the mind does not follow the lead of the heart, they cannot have a correct interrelationship. Also if the will does not help the heart and the mind in the fulfillment of their goals, human beings cannot have any achievements and life becomes meaningless. The mind represents the goal in human life; the heart represents the conditions to achieve the goal; while the will represents the achievements and the fulfillment of the goal.

The mind, the way it was created originally, is like a high mountain peak covered in ice and snow, yet always illuminated by the rising and never-setting beneficial Sun of Life. These rays are melting the ice and snow on the summit and countless springs and streams rush downward to provide water for life below.

The heart in its primary life represents a vast beautiful valley that is abundantly watered by pure waters from the mountain peak. Fragrant flowers and delicious fruits grow there. The heart—this valley of life—is nothing else but paradise on Earth. Today all are searching for this lost paradise. Hence, the heart is the lost paradise. Some understand "heart" to be a woman; some, mother; and some others, virgin. These three terms represent the stages of the heart's development. The lowest position of the heart represents woman; the highest, virgin. Virgin is the goal, mother represents the conditions, and woman is the achievement.

I say: if woman cannot understand man, if sister cannot understand brother, and if heart cannot understand mind, achievements are not possible. Vice versa: if man does not understand woman, if brother does not understand sister, and if mind cannot understand heart, no relationships, no closeness are possible among them. If they understand each other, they will unite and begin working successfully for uplifting humankind, for uplifting woman and man, for uplifting heart and mind. Only in this way will the image of the ideal Adam be resurrected as the New Adam, and the image of the ideal Eve become elevated to the place where God has placed her, where she will resurrect as the New Eve. Then the new epoch will greet both of them and their children as the ones chosen by God.

The mind, the heart, and the soul are conduits of the blessings, gifts, and capabilities coming from the Sublime World. The mind alone represents the masculine principle, while the heart, the feminine

The mind and the heart together represent the human being as a whole. For a child to be properly developed, he or she should move from Love toward Wisdom. The child represents Truth. For this reason, Christ says, "Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the Kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it" (Luke 18:17). Expressed in other words, it means that if you do not develop the feminine and masculine aspects, you cannot enter the Kingdom of God.

What represents a man?—it is a being that enters the Kingdom of Love. What is a woman?—it is a being that enters the Kingdom of Wisdom. What is a child?—it is a being that enters the Kingdom of Truth. Man introduces woman to the Kingdom of Love; woman introduces man to the Kingdom of Wisdom; and the child introduces his mother and father to the Kingdom of Truth. This is the connection that exists among father, mother, and child.

Rejoice in everything surrounding you! Rejoice in light and warmth, in air, in water, in bread. Rejoice that we live during times when we can come to know one another, to come to know man, woman, and child. That is a great task to be attained in the future.