1923_07_02 Blossoming of the Human Soul

Jackline Spasova-Bobeva

THE BLOSSOMING

OF THE HUMAN SOUL

The separation of the human soul from God represents one of the greatest moments in Creation. This separation is known in the Angelic world as “Dawn of Life.” In the world of humans, it represents one Divine breath because with every breath of God new intelligent souls come into being. New worlds are created with every outbreath of God and with every inbreath some worlds are reabsorbed and the souls enter into the material world. So, with every Divine breath or with every exodus of souls from the Prime Source, they go straight ahead as Divine Rays in the infinite cosmos. Thus they enter the vast Universe of their mission or the pre-assigned work they are given to complete.

Now, you who have gathered here feel this inner Divine impulse as an undefined aspiration. People of today call this “youth.” Do you know the proper direction of youth as it should be? It is the direction that is observed in plants. Modern people have lost it. Sometimes they move to the left, sometimes to the right. Youth is neither to the left nor to the right. It is an all-powerful path, defining and equally comprising all directions of existence. To be young implies that you know your path. To be young implies that you bear the most elevated, sublime ideas. Christ said, “Blessed are the children, for theirs is the Kingdom of God.”[1] The Kingdom of God belongs to the young, as they are free of moral taint and go neither to the left nor to the right.

You all should possess the noble features of prince Hussenfrakh. Here is his story. He was once considered one of the proudest sons of the kingdom, totally unapproachable and unsociable. One day, while hunting in the mountains, he found a wounded abandoned shepherdess. Robbers had attacked her, had stolen her whole herd of sheep, and left her wounded. For the first time the prince felt his heart moved by compassion. Finding the shepherdess so abandoned, he treated her wounds and brought her to the palace on his horse. He took care of her until all her injuries were healed. After her recovery he brought her back to the mountains. He found the robbers, regained her herd from them and gave it back to her so that she could continue her usual life looking after the sheep in the mountains. Some may comment that the young shepherdess should have stayed in the palace with the prince. No, she needed to return to her herd in the mountains after she had experienced some of the prince’s noble qualities so that the sheep could experience these same qualities too. I think that you are like this prince and will find many shepherdesses in the world. I call “shepherdesses” the abandoned human souls, independent of their gender. Gender is of no significance in this case; it is only a method of self-improvement.

I address all young people: Know that you are living, intelligent souls and you should accomplish one great quest in the world. If you do not raise your consciousness to the idea that you are souls, if you think that you are just your minds or hearts, men or women, lads or maidens, you are not going to accomplish anything. Many have already tried these methods. However, I think that if you engage your consciousness with the thought that you are living, intelligent souls, you are going to introduce something new into your life, setting it to a new course. In the present development of the human being, there is nothing more sublime than the state of the soul. It carries within itself all the conditions and opportunities of Divine Love. God can express and manifest Himself in His fullness only within the soul. Love can fully express itself only through the soul. If you manifest your love through the heart, it will be only a half of it. If you manifest your love through the mind, again, it will be only a half. All failures in the world come as a result of these halves. Do you know how Nature reconciles them? How is a cherry’s stem formed first and the blossom afterward? The stem is number one, is it not? It means that the path of the soul is circular: from its emergence from the Prime Source until reaching the destination of its journey. This circle is divided into two equal parts by its diameter. In the similar way, when a bud is formed, the stem beneath is formed first. A cross is formed by drawing a perpendicular diameter and the blossom, which was previously a bud, now bursts open. One can already see the stamen, which together with the blossom, heads toward the center of the Sun, toward Love. When you remove the stem, that is number one, the two hemispheres of the blossom remain, manifesting their new direction. Thus, number three is formed, which is represented as a triangle. This blossom, at the current moment, represents the human soul. So we could say that only now the human soul gets to blossom. Until now, it has existed in the form of a bud, but now, for the first time, the bud has begun to open. It is noted as one of the greatest occurrences in cosmos designated as “the blossoming of the human soul.” All Sublime Beings in the Divine World have been waiting for it. The chalice in which the soul manifests itself will then reveal its beauty and God will imbue it with His Light and Love.

This is to say that now you are all facing one of the greatest epochs in the world, the blossoming of the human soul. You all will become aware that you are souls coming to blossom. And blossoming, you will emit a delightful fragrance that will spread throughout the world. Only thus, you will gather all these small bugs, little flies, and bees around your chalice because you will produce nectar for them to feed on. As soon as the human soul comes to blossom, all Angels who are servants of God will arrive. For millions of years, from times immemorial, they have been waiting the blossoming of the human soul and what is Divine in the human being in order to gather the nectars from it. The Angels will bring a New Culture with their coming, which will be called “Culture of Divine Love.”

I would like you to keep one essential thought: Know that you are like buds, so focus entirely on your blossoming, as it is a paramount moment in your life. After your souls have blossomed, there is nothing greater than joining the Divine World and exploring the possibilities hidden in it. This is not an illusion. You shall come to experience it. For this reason, I say that you all need to be pure of heart and intents. Today you, the youth, bear the debts of the old, but this is only on the surface. Unrighteousness is only dust that accumulates on the surface of the human soul. Remember this: You are not defiled within. Be not deceived by anyone; the dust is only on the outside. Someone may come and say to you that you are sinful. He may cite the verse that says, “And in sin my mother conceived me…”[2] In truth, the human soul is conceived in Love at other place than Earth. You are souls, not bodies. Remember this: You are souls conceived in the Divine Spirit a long time ago. Now the opportunity has come for you to open, blossom, and bear fruit, which to be auspicious before God. I would like this essential awareness to be laid in you as a foundation. If it is not rooted, then the meaning of Life cannot be perceived. Whatever philosophy or science you may investigate and follow, still you could not attain the profound Truth you are seeking. There is one way to It. If you are aware of this, there will be no difference where you are going, left or right, upward or downward. You will live in oneness experiencing the omnipresence of God. When you get this, you will not fear hell. Paradise is where the soul is, in fact, the soul creates the paradise. A place abandoned by the soul turns into hell. Hence, hell is a soulless place, while paradise is a place of the souls.

Now I would like to draw your attention to the weather outside and see what it tells about you. The day is beautiful, the Sun is shining, the sky is clear and all this is a very favorable omen. Only you can ruin such a beautiful day; no other power can do it. It is for you all, it is a day for each one of you. If you grasp the concept that you are souls and have come from God in order to serve Him, your life is going to be like this day. The Sun will shine in your mind and soul and your soul will see God. This Great Divine Spirit will dwell in you, therefore you are going to be strong and firm enough to fulfill everything that you desire.

Everything in the Universe is possible, but only under one condition: when you are all aware that you are souls and God abides in you. Through this thought only you may feel that deep warmth and that deep connection, which exist among all beings. Then not only Earth but also Heaven will become more familiar to you. In this way, your present life now on Earth, representing a microscopic part of the entire Whole, will become meaningful only by this Great idea. Some of you might have some inherited shortcomings. They are only externals because all diseases and weaknesses are only on the surface of your mind or heart. The Great Day is coming now into the world, when all your shortcomings will disappear at once. When you open up for the Divine Light and receive the Divine Warmth, all your past shortcomings will vanish without a trace. You are going to sense then a special fragrance of Life and you will become so powerful and mighty, so joyous and happy, so young and energetic, as you have never felt in any of your lifetimes, births, and rebirths. The blossoming will occur as soon as you break all chains of slavery binding your soul. As soon as you get free of them, the Divine Spirit will come to your soul for re-establishing the union between you and God, between the human being and the Creator.

I would like you to accept the idea that Heaven is something close and accessible to you. You should not think of it as some remote and inaccessible place. No, it is up to you to have it. When the Divine Ray illuminates you, if that same evening you go out and look at the sky, all stars will speak to you and tell you a sweet word. Thus you will come to know that stars can also speak. All these words will be combined in such a way as to form a new book of your life. You will then have the whole codex, all ordinances and laws, methods and ways by which to live. It all will be so clear to you that when you express intent to accomplish some work, each star at which you look up will smile at you to encourage you. So there will be not impossible things for you. You will be able to perform everything in joy and delight.

I will be pleased if you consider yourselves students of the Universal Brotherhood of Light for which you are preparing now. May temptations turn to be not hindrances on which you stumble, but challenges that will make you heroes. Do you understand what heroes mean? Those who have no fear of darkness, but grow in Love and Light - I consider them heroes.

It is my wish for you to have great success in the work that is to be done at this gathering. You need to write only a few lines, but try to write them well. You are now laying a foundation. Try to place it well. There should be unity and harmony among you and everything should be performed with Love. Do you understand? Lay as a foundation this: May all that you think, feel, and do of your free will be raised and is guided by the Great Principle of Love so that you can really experience it. And this Love will inspire the Great Divine thoughts in you. You all should have sublime ideas and such profoundness that everyone around you may feel that you are the bearers of something new. Each one of you should bring the unique, which is indeed the sacred anticipation of your soul. Protect this sacred anticipation; there is nothing more beautiful than that. When your heart is in a stir, when your mind is in a stir, do not be afraid. Do you know what the wind means for that blossom, which is slightly moved by it? This gentle stirring is one of the blessed moments in life. Some of you are afraid of such anticipation, but when your heart and mind stir, these are some of the most beautiful experiences in your life.

Try to do everything according to the Law of Love. As I told you yesterday, try to be a model for people of the old ways. If you succeed in this, you will remain forever young. If you do not give this example, some other young people will come to do it and you will become old. But if you succeed to do it, you will be eternally young. I would like you to be the last generation of the old ways, thus breaking the line of those going in the old ways. True, the representatives of the old ways must pass away, is not that so? They are the people of transgression, delusion; they have caused the highhandedness and misfortunes existing today in the world. The young are the new human beings who come to life in the image and likeness of God. I say again: The young are those who will blossom and flourish in the image and likeness of God. I give you this great concept not only to have it while you are gathered here, but also to take it home with you! No greater idea may ever exist than that. Say, “We are anticipating that great moment when our soul will blossom and we are going to receive the Divine Light and Warmth. We will bring a new fruit so that to overcome all shortcomings of the humankind of today.”

It is my wish for you to have the support and blessing of the Universal Brotherhood of Light, to receive the blessing of Christ, Who is the Head of this Brotherhood and to experience God’s Love, which is the meaning of Life. All this should be laid as a foundation in your souls so that you may become bearers of the New Teaching presenting the coming of the Kingdom of God and the fulfillment of God’s Will on Earth!

Now, be so good to sing a song and begin your work.

Lecture given by the Master Beinsa Douno at the opening of the First Youth Council Gathering of the disciples of the Universal Brotherhood of Light, July 2, 1923, Sofia.

------------------------------------------

1. See also Luke 18:16–17, “But Jesus called them to Him and said, ‘Let the little children come to Me and do not forbid them; for of such is the Kingdom of God. Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the Kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.’”

2. See Psalm 51:5, “Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity and in sin my mother conceived me.”