1930_09_21 Absolute Truth

Jackline Spasova-Bobeva

from The Blossoming of the Human Soul

ABSOLUTE TRUTH

Have you learned the Prayer of Daniel?

Let each one of you read the Gospel of John. It is good to have the text of this Gospel with you. I say: Whatever you do - do it for God. When you enter the classroom, keep silence and stay focused.

As spiritual students, you must speak the Truth. Falsity is not admissible for a spiritual student. It represents a double transgression. When you make a mistake and do not want to admit it, then you are living a lie.

You should sanctify the Name of God. If not so, others will come and will do it. If you love God, you will keep His Name sacred and will honor all people at the same time.

Some say that at times I act in a human way. If so, from now on I will always act in a Divine way. But regardless of the way I act, people are always ungrateful. God has given them Life; He has given minds and hearts to them along with all blessings, but they are still ungrateful. God has been working for you thousands of years, but still you are not grateful. As it is mentioned in the Scriptures, an ox knows its owner, but Israel does not know God.[1] If you cannot take control over your mind and heart, how will you come to know God? If you quarrel with people, how can you serve God? It concerns all of you without any exception. There is none among you to be as they should be.

I speak to every one of you today. If you are not satisfied, go into the world where you will be met with a whip. If you do not perform God’s Will, I feel sorry for you. You need to know this! The deeds of those who do God’s Will are shining. The Scripture says, „Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in Heaven is perfect.”[2]

I am going to make an experiment now to see who of you is perfect and who is not. If I pour a little gasoline on you and strike a match, I will see whether you will ignite or not. If you catch fire and burn, you will know by yourselves who you are. If you do not burn, again you will know who you are.

One needs to be knowledgeable. If knowledge does not improve human life, it is not real: it is like a burden that cannot be handled. If knowledge cannot become the Light in which to read, it is not real Knowledge. One’s Light will increase with the awakening of consciousness. Knowing this, make efforts to keep your consciousness awake. Do not lull it to sleep. Only those who have awake consciousness can enter the Kingdom of God. „Old” people with trembling hands and legs cannot enter there. Remember: only „young” people are admitted in the Divine School. „What will happen with the old ones?” you ask. They will rejuvenate. The young will become like the Sun and will shine. The Divine Teaching requires this, thus creating order and organization everywhere in life. Spiritual students have the fragrance of flowers. The Divine Teaching excludes any impurity.

Some of you are still holding to the formal church and attending the sermons of preachers. You are free: you may go there to be preached. You may go to the world, if you think that the teaching of the world is good. Then I will be free. Remember one thing: If you search for an easy path to salvation, you will find it nowhere. No salvation can exist if Divine Love is corrupted. You can find temporary diversion there but not what you seek.

As I am observing you, I see that some of you come to me only with the purpose to have certain secrets revealed. Should they stay even for thousands of years with me, I am not going to reveal anything to them. Why? It is because they have not been prepared yet for such Knowledge. They will complain afterward that I have not treated them as I should. How could they expect me to behave to them as they wish, when they are trying to deceive me? „The Master does not treat me well.” How could I treat him well, when he is trampling on the Truth? What kind of relationship can I have with someone who defiles the Divine Knowledge with his mind and tarnishes God’s Love with his heart? This is addressed to all of you, I do not exclude anyone. There is not even one truly righteous person among you. For this reason, I say: You cannot advance, if you do not transform your iniquity into Justice. If iniquity in the world is transformed into Justice, we could expect some positive change worldwide.

Try to tell someone of today that he is not righteous. He will answer, „My father is a man of noble character. My mother is righteous too.” I ask: If the king’s son, himself, is stealing, what will be the honesty of this nation? Therefore, if you do God’s Will and yet, you steal, where is your honesty? „But I have fulfilled everything that is required from me.” Do you think that to be diligent once or twice is enough? Do not become servants of the dark, negative forces. If you do not apply Divine Knowledge, you will encounter the knowledge of the forces of darkness, from which all misfortunes come. „But God will help us.” How will God help you, when you do not have a single great idea? „We will pray.” You could pray, but your prayer will not be answered. The failure of your endeavors is a sign that you do not have God with you. Until you become one with God so that to have continuous peace in your soul and perform God’s Will, you can never be fully successful.

You all are required to discipline yourselves and get control over that company of spirits raging in you. You are in charge of that company. If you fail to put it in order, you are to be pitied. Do not try to excuse your employees. No lie is allowed. Do not distort the Truth. Do not misinterpret my words as well. Do not lie in my name. I do not permit that. Remember: Pity will be on that one who lies in my name. Someone may claim, „But the Master said this or that.” Verify it ten times, but do not lie in my name. Moreover, do not lie in God’s Name! Absolutely no falsehood is allowed in the School.

After all that, someone will come to speak about Love. What can you tell the hungry person about Love? Give him food, nothing else. Doing this, you will fulfill God’s Will.

Someone comes to share that God has appeared to him. That is a superficial understanding. The time of such misinterpretation has already passed. If God can speak to us from now on, where has the Truth remained? The bud, which is going to blossom today, has prepared for this process for a long time. This same bud has blossomed many times. You say, „The Sun is rising.” The Sun has risen so many times, but you have not seen it. Therefore, if you have not blossomed yet, make sure that you can do it. The human power lies in the opening of the soul bud and its blossoming.

Young and old - all should have a good understanding of Life. Some among you think that they do not need to study any more. Have you studied the Law of Sacrifice? Do you know how it relates to Life? As you live, you will be learning to sacrifice. You are required to live properly so that you may set your life right. If you do not set it right, I will do it for you. But pity on you then! You cannot even imagine the redressing that will befall on you! You will see what will happen yourselves, but do not wait for that day to come. If you think that with the beginning of war, your affairs will be settled, you are doomed. Do not wait for the sunset to put your affairs in order. No, your affairs should be arranged while the Sun is shining. Make use of this time. Purify your hearts after the God-gifted freedom that you have - for we reap as we sow and the Law is really strict. Everyone will bear the consequences of each of their actions. In the future, fathers will not be responsible for their sons, and mothers - for their daughters. The time of parental responsibility has passed. At one time, the retribution for one’s wrong-doing was repaid to the fourth generation of this person. Now everyone is responsible for their own mistakes. No one will pay for anyone else.

Therefore, everyone who comes to class should maintain the harmony. Everyone should have inner peace. When you come here, instead of talking, open the Scripture and read. Next time, everyone should bring the New Testament and read it. If you do not want to bring the whole Book, copy the chapter chosen for reading. Otherwise, what is the purpose of being together? If God's Blessing is not coming upon us, what is the reason for our gatherings?

It is not permissible to play games with God. It is the most dangerous thing in the world. For instance, you stand before God to ask Him for this and that, but follow your will. You give promise, but do not act to it. No, once you promise to do something for the sake of God, you should perform it. Once you avow that you will serve God, you should keep your word; even with the cost of your life, you should serve God.

When I watch you, I see that you are slacking off; you are not working as before. You wish that you are free. However, this indolence is not true freedom. Live and work in such a way that everyone can see there is something special in you; that everyone can see the Divine in you. „But we have weaknesses, are we not humans?” Everyone can have some weaknesses, but they exclude falsehood. Lying is not allowed to anyone! I have the greatest repugnance for falsehood. Everything can be forgiven, but a lie is never forgiven! Your other wrongdoings can be remitted, but untruth is never excused. When I meet you, there is one thing that I want from you: to be free from hypocrisy. I want to see you advance but without any deceit. Absolutely no lies! Do not permit untruthfulness to stay as an obstacle between you and God. Everything is disrupted, all your affairs, by the presence of a lie. Do not place any barriers between God and your soul. Do not ask to whom it applies. I speak to all people. It applies to all of you, without any exception. I do not speak about Absolute Purity only. To be able to come to It, you should exclude falsehoods from your life-path. Untruthfulness interferes with any development. It leads to death. Those who lie break for themselves the link with their life. Work upon yourselves to get free from lack of Truth. Only in this way you will attain Peace. Peace cannot come where lying exists. Some are dishonest even while speaking of Peace. Peace will come only when there is no deceit whatsoever. Peace should be reigning between God and us. Christ said, „I give you My Peace.”

Now, when you leave the class, you will say that the Master has scolded you. This is not scolding. Say, „The Master invites us to absolutely free ourselves from lies.” This is the Truth. If you do not speak the Truth, it is another way of lying. Why will you speak of something that has not been said? I met a young sister and looked at her. Why? I wanted to tell her to be truthful. I told her mentally: You are young. You are entering the world now and have already begun to lie. I met an elderly sister. I looked at her too. I sent her these thoughts warning her in a mental way: Sister, you are on the edge of dying. Be careful not to lie. And so, both young and old people should speak the truth. Sometimes people look at me in disapproval. They want to tell me, „Why do you permit your followers to be dishonest? Why do you also permit spirits to deceive us?” Thus they make me an accomplice to those who lie. No, I cannot be their accomplice. There is one thing I cannot partake in - and that is falsehood.

You will say, „It is impossible to go without twisting the truth.” No, it is quite possible. From now on, no lie will be used. I am quite lenient toward you. All your wrongdoings can be excused except lying! Any other transgression is preferable to lying. If someone has never committed a single transgression except being untruthful, it is equal to having committed all transgressions. Therefore, this person will be the greatest wrongdoer and will be beyond redemption. The devil is the father of lies. No one can save liars. If they stop lying, the rest of their transgressions could easily be remitted. Remember: There is no excuse for lying. „What should I do when a false thought comes to my mind?” Take it by the ear and let it go with the words, „No lie!”

You ask, „What should I do next?” You should speak the Truth. And when you are asked what the Master has told you, say, „The Master tells us to cast out lies.” You speak that I was angry. That is not true. Anger is not useful. What will I accomplish with my anger? It implies frowning, raising voice, and shouting. No, nothing can be accomplished in this way.

I repeat: No lies! Remember: Renounce any falsehood, if you want to receive Divine Blessing this year. Otherwise, you are going to lose everything. I do not like anyone of you to be harmed. I support your wellbeing. Should I leave you with falsehood, you would be completely confused. Falsehood is not an original quality of humankind - it was adopted from a different culture. You cannot love it as it has a bestial origin.

I will read some verses from the first chapter of the Gospel of John. „In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”[3] By „Word,” I understand the Intelligence. It means that the Intelligence was in the beginning.

„And the Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness does not overcome it.”[4] Why not? It is because the Intelligence was there.

„And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of Grace and Truth.”[5] Absolutely no falsehood can exist where there is Grace and Truth. No Grace and Truth, no Word and Wisdom can exist where there is falsehood.

„No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.”[6] Why has no one seen God? It is because most people are untruthful. The one who lies cannot see God. If you want to see God, free yourself of falsehoods.

„He confessed, and did not deny, but confessed, ‘I am not the Christ.’ And they asked him, ‘What then? Are you Elijah?’ He said, ‘I am not.’ ‘Are you the Prophet?’ And he answered, ‘No.’”[7]

Though the prophet Elijah was a courageous person, he was frightened by a woman and fled to the desert. This fear remained also in John the Baptist. For this reason, when they asked him whether he was Elijah, he denied. Whom did he renounce? The faint-hearted Elijah.

„He said, ‘I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness: Make straight the way of the Lord, as the prophet Isaiah said. Now those who were sent were from the Pharisees.’”[8] John wanted to say that he was not the Elijah who killed the prophets. He is the voice saying, „Make straight the way of the Lord!” It implies that John is not the old, but the new Elijah.

„And they asked him saying, ‘Why then do you baptize, if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?’”[9]

„I did not know Him; but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘Upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’”[10] He speaks the Truth. The Spirit cannot descend upon that one who lies.

„And I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God.”[11] Who is the Son of God? The one who is always telling the Truth.

„Then Jesus turned, and seeing them following, said to them, ‘What do you seek?’ They said to him, ‘Rabbi (which is to say, when translated, Teacher), where are You staying?’”12 „He said to them, ‘Come and see.’ They came and saw where He was staying and remained with Him that day (now it was about the tenth hour).”[13] There is only Truth where Christ abides.

„‘We have found the Messiah (which is translated, the Christ).”[14] It means: we have found the One who never lies. We have found the son of Joseph.

„And Nathaniel said to him, ‘Can anything good come out of Nazareth?’”[15] In other words, can a person who does not lie come out of Nazareth?

„Jesus saw Nathaniel coming toward Him and said of him, ‘Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom there is no deceit.’”[16] It implies that he is a man who is ready to speak the Truth.

„And He said to him, ‘Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see Heaven open, and the Angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man.’”[17] The Son came when falsehood needed to be cast out.

And so, work this year on what is good before God. Do not think only about yourselves. If you believe that God lives in all people, then work for the common good. Then God is going to see through the eyes of anyone and everyone that you are fulfilling His Will.

You come to borrow one hundred leva from me. Yet, I see that with this money you intend to buy a rope in order to hang someone. Will I fulfill God’s Will if I give you the money? I will fulfill God’s Will much better, if I send two people to give you a good thrashing; after that they will carry you on a stretcher to your bed. After that, I myself will come to heal you. This is the meaning of fulfilling God’s Will. Therefore, suffering comes to prevent you from committing the crime, which you have considered to do. You will be beaten; you will be ill for a while, but you will make the amends.

While walking, you fall and break your leg. Why? You have done something inappropriate. The leg suffers instead of you, but it will teach you not to transgress. It has refused to serve you. It says, „God has made me to serve you, but without any deceit. Should you force me to be untruthful, I will not move from my place.”

Truly, there is nothing more beautiful than a truthful person in whom there is absolutely no lie. There is no more beautiful face than the one that is always truthful. It is an angelic face. It can say anything, but it will never lie! That one who is honest and true is able to carry people’s transgressions. Those who lie deliberately bear their own transgressions because it is difficult to get redemption for them. These are the devil’s transgressions.

If someone asks you, „What did the Master tell you today?” answer, „To live without falsehood.” This is the Truth. Appeal to God like this, „Lord, my soul desires Peace and may it come to me in all its fullness.” Where does Peace abide? Peace abides only where lie does not exist.

Now, throughout the week, all who live in Sofia need to get up at 4:30 A.M. to carry out the assignment. Immediately upon awakening, say to yourselves, „Without falsehood!” You should break your links with all lies. You should divorce from it. I divorce you from the lie. No one has the right to marry falsehood. You must remain pure! The lie is the first woman - the adulteress. If you unite with her and give birth to children, do you think they will be good? Do you think they will have sublime desires? Absolutely no union with the lie! If you want to marry, I advise you to unite with Truth. Someone asks me whether to marry or not. You can marry but the Truth only. Should we marry? Yes. Whom? The Truth. Those who attend the class should divorce from falsehood and marry the Truth. If your father is married to the lie, you should leave him. If your relatives are bound to deceit, quit them too. This is the meaning of the verse, „Renounce your father and mother.” Renounce yourself and all those who incite you to be untruthful. Whom should we marry? The Truth. Whom should we love? The Truth. You will love your mother and father who serve the Truth. You will love your brother and sister who serve the Truth. You will love your relatives and friends who serve the Truth. You will love animals and plants that serve the Truth.

Absolute Truth! This is the ideal of the New Teaching.

Absolute Truth! This is the ideal of the New Humankind.

Keep this ideal within your souls.

First morning lecture by the Master Beinsa Douno, held on September 21, 1930 in Sofia, Izgrev

----------------------------------------------------------------

1. See also Isaiah 1:3, „The ox knows its owner and the donkey its master ’s crib; but Israel does not know, My people do not understand.”

2. See footnote 2 on page 91.

3. See John 1:1.

4. See John 1:5.

5. See John 1:14.

6. See John 1:18.

7. See John 1:20–21.

8. See John 1:23–24.

9. See John 1:25.

10. See John 1:33.

11. See John 1:34.

12. See John 1:38.

13. See John 1:39.