1931_07_12 Simon Peter

Jackline Spasova-Bobeva

Note 5

Simon Peter

“And Simon Peter answered and said: ‘You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.’”

Matthew 16:16

”You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Besides outer sense, life has an inner one as well; that is why man should know from where to begin. When a pupil wants to study at a school, either a secondary school or a university, what should he do for this purpose? First, that pupil should hand in an application to the respective school to be considered. His application should be accompanied by documents showing what school and with what results the pupil has finished. The second situation the pupil is faced with is to wait for the day when the professors will meet to consider his application. The third and most anxious situation is to receive an answer whether he has been accepted or not.

Now, the three talks I held today represent the situations that the pupil will be faced with until he is accepted by the school. The morning talk represents the handing in of the application and the documents of the pupil; the second talk represents the meeting of the professors in order to consider the application and the documents of the pupil; the third talk, the present one, represents the reply of the professors that the pupil has been accepted by the university. What should the student do after that? The student should begin to study.

I say: your situation is similar to that of the student already being accepted by the university. He has handed in his application and documents, has been accepted and now nothing remains but to study. And you, too, are now going to study only without explaining to the people that you are disciples. The diploma you have from the lower school was only necessary until you were accepted by a higher one. If you had not been accepted by the higher school your diploma itself would not be of great importance. And now, if the pupil does not study he cannot improve himself; if he studies he will improve himself. If the pupil does not study, his professors will expel him from the school and he will finish the course of his studying prematurely. In this case, he will also receive a diploma but it will be similar to a pear that has prematurely ripened and fallen to the ground. Falling, however, is an unnatural process. In the present life, a danger exists that people should keep away from. For example, they want to acquire fresh emotions, fresh thoughts, fresh learning in order only to enjoy themselves but in the end they fall into the position of loaded camels. People should assimilate all acquired, should develop it in order to avoid any stratifications. If such stratifications appear they should free themselves from them. Seeing the dangerous situation people get into and not being able to help themselves, Nature says: “That’s enough!” and sets a limit.

When someone is hungry, unsatisfied, this shows that he has handed in his application and documents to the professors’ staff and is waiting for their reply. When someone begins eating, this shows that he has already received the favourable reply of the professors’ staff for his acceptance to the university. As soon as man finishes his meal the process of thinking comes, i.e. the distribution of the food all over the organism. Someone says, “I had a good meal, I will not think of eating anymore.” No, after four or five hours you will get hungry again and will begin thinking about eating again – you will have to hand in your application and documents and to wait for the reply of the professors’ staff. A single handing in of an application and documents is not all – every morning you will hand in your application and diploma and will wait for a reply. This is what you will do every day until you finish the school course. If every day you do not do it in this way your life will be made senseless, there will be no connection between the states you experience every day.

I ask, “What is the difference between the lives of a young person and an old person?” The life of the young one could be compared to a lighthouse, placed in the sea to light up, to direct the movement of ships to the harbour. The life of the old one is similar to the life and the duties of a lamplighter – his duty is to clean the lighthouse every day, to provide fuelling in order to light it when needed. So, the young and the old differ in the duties they fulfil: the function of the young is one, while of the old is another. While you are young your concern will be to light up, to show the way to ships; when you are old your concern will be to clean the lighthouse every day, to set it in order and to push the button to light it when the time comes. One who understands Life in this way makes life worth living. Then the old one will say, “I have grown old already, i.e. I stopped lighting up but instead my duty is to clean the lighthouse and to light it.” The young will say, “I have only one task – to light up!”

Someone, old or young, says, “I live well.” What is understood by a good life? That means: I, as a young person, do light up, i.e. my lighthouse is always lit up; or I, as an old person do clean my lighthouse well. Someone says, “I do not live well.” That means: I, as a young person, do not light up or I, as an old person do not clean my lighthouse well – that means that both the young and the old have got into trouble in their lives. Youth and old age are two states that one experiences at the same time. This is understood in the way that one will light up but at the same time will have the duty to clean his lighthouse. In other words, one who lights up serves people at the same time.

I ask, what is understood by the words “You are a Son of the living God”? This shows a degree of consciousness. Therefore, everyone should realize that from the position he is at a given moment, he can grow and develop until a day comes to be called God’s Son. What is understood by the word day? These are the opportunities that lie in a day. Saying night we understand the opportunities that lie in a night. The words health, wealth, intelligence, goodness, beauty, wisdom, love, truth are a number of opportunities that are held in these terms. Each of these words expresses forces, worlds in which one can grow and develop. For example, saying the word love you already have at your disposal the opportunities of a great world – these opportunities give conditions for you to grow and develop. And then, if you are a disciple, everyone you get in touch with will do you a favour: you enter a university – all students, all professors will be at your disposal. If it is true on the Earth then how much more so is it true in the Divine world, which is governed by absolute perfection and everything is in complete order and discipline.

Many are afraid of the work they are faced with, and say, “I cannot be God’s Son.” To say that you cannot be God’s Sons is the same as to say that you cannot learn. If you are a pupil at a school, will you be unable to learn? To say that you cannot learn is equivalent to renouncing your Life. Only the one who learns lives and vice versa - only the one who lives learns. Someone says, “I have already lived so many years on the Earth and have not achieved anything yet.” This thought is not correct, what do you want to achieve? What do you want to achieve when sitting down to take your lunch; how is the achievement expressed – in the quantity of the food or in the way it is taken, digested, and used? One may eat ten kilograms of bread or one hundred grams only and may have the same result in both cases. Therefore, the true achievement is in that the food taken in by the organism is digested, converted into a dynamic force, and becomes flesh and blood in man. Under the words flesh and blood we understand an organization of forces. As soon as the forces in man get organized, he becomes powerful, strong; until the forces in man are not organized he is weak, he needs someone else’s help.

Now, if I had been looking on things in a human way I would not have had to speak this evening. But in the Divine world this matter is placed in another way, everything is used wisely there. For example, if someone has come to the situation of being God’s Son, he may speak somewhere in his room and at the same time may be heard by all the grass, the flowers and the animals, as well as by a million other people. So, by saying that he cannot do anything himself one does not understand the law. If one has a sacred idea in himself, it is not possible that this idea will not be perceived by thousands of other people. What do some people do nowadays? They say, “We have great ideas in ourselves but we do not want to entrust them to anyone because they will not comprehend them.” No, do speak out about your idea and do not think further about who will comprehend it, and who will not comprehend it – thousands of people will hear and perceive your idea.

I will give you an example to see how ideas are transmitted. In antiquity, there was a king who committed a number of crimes and as a punishment God put on his head two horns to always keep him awake in order to keep in mind his crimes. The king carefully hid the horns from the people, and for this purpose in most cases, he wore a hat on his head. When a barber was called to serve him, the king ordered that the barber be beheaded after finishing the work so as not to reveal to anyone the secret that the king had horns. One day a young barber was called to the palace but knowing what he was in for he told the king after finishing his work, “Happy King, take pity on me and do not behead me! I promise that I will not reveal the secret to anyone and will serve you as you want.” The king took pity on him and let him go taking into consideration his promise. The barber went out of the palace free, joyful that his life had been granted. He kept the secret of the king for a long time but at one time, he felt that he was deeply tormented with something from within – he was not able to keep the secret to himself anymore. What to do, how could he free himself from this torment, to tell someone – his head would be taken. One day he went to a forest where a bright idea came into his mind – to make a hole under a tree and to speak in it quietly, “Our king has horns.” He did as he had thought of. After a time a shepherd cut a twig from the tree under which the barber had made the hole and made a whistle. What the surprise of the shepherd was when his whistle sang, “Our king has horns.”

And so, if you have a certain thought in you do not be afraid whether it will be realized or not. Do speak it out, share it and it will spread through space. Thoughts spoken out by people thousands of years ago have begun their realization only nowadays. What the prophets have said in the past or what Christ has said in the past begins its realization only nowadays – such is the Divine law. In such a case, each one is important as much as he is a bearer of Divine ideas. He is a member of the Divine organism as man’s arm is a member of his body. For example, the arm neither generates the ideas nor generates the Good but it is a mediator in doing any good. After the mediation of the arm in the Good, it is worthy to be thanked. However, if the arm is separated from the body then it loses the conditions to be mediator in transmitting the Good that one plans.

I say, you should comprehend the inner power of things. This power lies not in the old understanding but in the new one. When God created the world He drew the wheel and put it in motion. The wheel began boasting, telling everyone that God had made it. After that, God asked the wheel, “What do you want to be given now?” – “I want to be given an axle in order to become a grindstone to grind people. Besides people, I want to grind all the knives in the world to know that I can do work too. And the knives that are being ground on me can do work too.” All knives that had been ground on the grindstone came to thank it that they could be of use. Not long after that, the knives got discontented with the grindstone because heads of people began to be chopped off by them – one day someone’s throat was cut, another day – someone else's until at last people complained to God that their heads were falling down from the shoulders.

And so, modern people want to grind their knives on the grindstone. What are these knives? The knives represent human tongues. Therefore, the grindstone that grinds the knives of people grinds at the same time the tongues of people. Being ground in this way, the human tongue ground the minds of people and in a moment this sharp knife began cutting this one and that one until all people began complaining about it. Then God called the wheel and asked it, “What did you do to cause so many complaints against you?” The wheel replied, “God, I taught my lesson very well but they did not comprehend me.” And really, God had made the grindstone for the good of people, but not comprehending Him they used it for harm. Seeing that the lesson He taught the wheel was used for harm God set the wheel to work in the cart and turned the knife into an axle of the wheel. So, all knives will be turned into axles and all wheels will be turned into carts to carry people. Only in this way the world will be put to rights.

After that God told the wheel, “Now I will teach you another lesson – how to move from one place to another.” In the past man was sitting from below but his affairs were not going forward; now he will be sitting above the cart. As soon as the sensible man gets on and puts the horses to the car, all his things will be settled. In the past man had ground knives but now, being a master he has converted the knife into an axle of a wheel in order to turn, to do work. He has put the wheel in the cart, has harnessed the horses to pull the cart and has got on it to drive. Till now you have been satisfied with one wheel only but now dozens of wheels are needed to turn. The wheels represent the abilities in man.

And now, if one follows this way of thinking he will come to a right solution of matters. As far as one thinks rightly he will be able to influence himself in the right way. As soon as one thinks, he will be able to curb his tongue. What is the sense in saying some bitter or insulting words to someone? That person will get sharp as a razor against you. So, before saying insulting words to someone do think which is better: to let that one correct himself or to sharpen him like a razor with your untimely, insulting words? You ask, “What should be done when someone provokes me?” I will give you an example by which you may learn a lesson in what to do in such cases. Two people were walking in the street. The one was a poor, old man bent and with a stick in his hand; the other was also an old, bent man but a rich one; he was walking with dignity, carrying weight, like an aristocrat. A child passed the poor old man, bent down, took a stone from the ground, and threw it behind the old man. He turned to the child and said kindly, inoffensively, “Come to me, sonny. Till now I have not known why children throw stones behind me, but now I understood; you gave me an excellent lesson. Here I have forty leva[1] in my pocket, take it to buy something.” The same child passed the rich old man, took a stone, and threw it behind him. The old man turned to the child angrily and said, “Come to me so that I can give you something.” The child came nearer to the old man and he gave the child some slaps. The poor old man realized why the child had thrown a stone at him and thanked him; the rich one did not realize and punished the child. The child, on his part, contradicted himself too – he did not realize why the poor old man thanked him and gave him some money; also, he did not realize why the rich one punished him for his deed. Both the old man and the child learnt something.

You say, “It is a foolish thing; why had the old man thanked the child that had thrown a stone at him?” I say, modern people make the same mistakes as the child does. You are in the position of a child and you go to dispute with a philosopher who knows many things; but that philosopher is a high-minded person, he does not say anything but thanks you for the lesson you give him. In the second case, you read the book of a philosopher, you oppose him and write your opinion in a newspaper, or in a review; that philosopher meets you, fetches some sticks for you, and passes. No, having read the book of that philosopher, do write, “The book of that philosopher is excellent. He should write another one – more serious, stricter than the first one.” So does Nature: it gives evil an opportunity to show itself to its utmost limit in order to be cured. Evil cannot be cured in its beginning – while in the beginning it can be only used as a labour force. Therefore evil can be used in the beginning while Good – in the end. That means, at the end of evil is the beginning of Good and at the end of Good is the beginning of evil. Such are the relations between Good and evil in the physical world. You say, “What will happen with us?” As soon as you stop living bad Good will come; as soon as you stop living well evil will come. Once you begin with Good you will acquire happiness, wealth, health, friends; Peace will come to your soul and Light – to your mind. Once you lose this state the opposite process will come – then you will say that both God and people have forgotten you. But no, the matter stands differently – you have made a deviation or an error in your life and as a result these misfortunes come. Small deviations cause great consequences.

In the Old Testament there is a talk about a prophet sent by God to king Jeroboam to pass him God’s Word. And the king told God’s man:

- Come with me to my house and take your lunch and I will offer you a gift.

God’s man told the king:

- I do not want because I was ordered through God’s Word neither to eat any bread nor to drink any water or to go back the same way I came.

And an old prophet overtook him on the way and told him:

- Come with me to my house to eat some bread!

- I cannot because I was ordered neither to eat any bread nor to drink any water or to go back the same way I came.

- I am a prophet, too, as you are. And an Angel spoke to me through God’s Word and said: “Make him come back to your home to eat some bread and to drink some water.”

He lied. And the prophet went back with him, ate some bread at his home and drunk some water. And God told him:

- Because you did not listen to My voice and did not obey My order, your body will not be put into the grave of your forefathers.

And God’s man went away but a lion came across him on the way and killed him.

I say, whatever the old prophet says to you do not turn off your way; if he invites you to his home do tell him that you will come some other time. Do God’s Will as you have been ordered and next time when passing this place call in at the house of the old prophet to have a talk with him. First do your job with the king as you have been ordered. If you do not do God’s Will as it should be done, thus you break your connection with God. It is a law: once you begin a good deed you should do it as you have been told. If some new plan comes to your mind keep the first one; when you finish your work look at the new plan. If you do not do God’s Will as you have been ordered, a lion will overtake you on the way and will kill you. This is the right philosophy of Life. Someone has already started along the Way – God directs him, but he is met and told, “You are not in the right way.” These are words of the old prophet, do not believe in these words – you are already in the Way. Once you listen to the old prophet a lion will strangle you on the way. Go forward and rely on the One Who has directed you up to now.

You say, “We want to go into the world to study.” You do not need to go to the world to study – the world is created as a field for work, as a theatre. For you it is enough to go there for a while, to see how people live there, to learn from them and to come back. You see on the scene particular sights – water, forests, mountains, seas, but are they all real? Then you see how the actors have their meals, but are they real? These are sights only, temporary states which do not correspond to reality. What will you acquire from these unreal things? Real is only what you can do for God today – it gives strength, power to move, to live, to enjoy God’s earth.

Now, for five minutes we will concentrate to send an elevated thought all over the world. If this thought falls into the right place, it is able to make an effect greater than the work we would have done in all our born days. It is a law: if someone works intensively for one hour, his work will be equal to the work done by someone working all day by small efforts; in both cases the pay will be the same. One who expects that he will receive more if he works the whole day is wrong – the Invisible world has another estimation measure. One hour of work may be compared to a whole day’s work – why? Because good work is determined by the zeal, by the intensity and not by the time spent. Someone may work all day but be angry that he is sunburnt, tired, and so on. The amount of time, no matter how much it is, does not determine the worth of the work. You may grind knives all your life not acquiring anything in the end – by this work you have got into a number of troubles. For example, you tell someone, “Listen, you must not express your opinion so freely, be more careful, try to put your affairs on the earth in order – build a house, buy a vineyard, a cornfield!” I ask, what base do you lay in the life of that person? You grind him; you make him sharp as a knife. A good deed, good advice, good thoughts are known by their fruits.

In confirmation of the last thought, I will give you the following example. A saint often passed a stone-cutter cutting stones. The saint used to stop by him to have a talk, to ask about his situation. The stone-cutter complained of being in a very hard situation, he could hardly provide the daily bread; and his wife, his children and he himself were forced to be poverty-stricken. The saint sympathized with him and for that reason, he always prayed to God to help that stone-cutter somehow, to improve his situation. Finally the prayer of the saint was accepted and the stone-cutter grew rich in a way. How surprised the saint was when the stone-cutter stopped cutting stones, forgot God, forgot his home, forgot his friends and embarked on an easy life. Only then the saint realized that he did a kindness inopportunely and untimely.

I say, Love is the only and the greatest opportunity in which the true Life begins. In this Life man can do everything. There are no exclusions in the law of Love: if you begin a job with Love, it will certainly be successful – the world may turn upside down but this work will be finished successfully. Both storms may arise and a deluge may happen but in the end Love will win. Wasn’t Christ examined in the same way? He was put on the cross where Satan was telling him, “You wanted to put the world to rights but could not; others, too, tried prior to You. I wanted to give You the power to rule over all worlds if only You made a bow to me but You did not agree. Now You will stay crucified and I will show You who I am. Crimes will be committed in Your name and You will look at all that.” Christ sighed, raised His eyes to God, and said, “God, why did You leave Me?” But right after that, he looked at Satan and said, “I can see now who you are and what you can do but later you will see who I am and what I can do.” And really, Christ was resurrected thus showing people what He could do. He endured all sufferings and after that said, “I was given every power in the Heaven and on the Earth. Go and preach; I will be with you forever!” I say, a lesson should be learnt from the sufferings of Christ. Everyone will be put in the pillory and he will have to withstand it. Then Satan will ask you as well, “Do you know who I am and what I can do?” You will answer him, “I know what you can do, but you will also see what I can do!”

You ask, “Will be there sufferings for us?” For those who have not suffered there will be sufferings; while for those who have withstood the sufferings through there will be no more sufferings. Strange are the people asking whether they will suffer or not! Is it possible for a pupil to go up a form or to pass an entire course without studying? You will study four years at an elementary school, three years – at a junior high school, five years – at a high school and four years – at a university until you finish the course of education. Can a four-year old child do the work of a young man of twenty-five years old? The growth and development of people is a long process; they learn from the earliest age till maturity. Although the consciousness of a small child is in a sleeping state, its Spirit is unsleeping and the child takes in and learns from it. Man studies at three schools simultaneously: the body studies on the Earth – all living cells in the organism do a certain service, but along with this they study; the soul studies in the Spiritual world; the Spirit studies in the Divine world. So, man studies at three universities at the same time. If you do not comprehend the deep sense of Life you will say, “We come into the world, live and die.” What does the word death mean, why are people afraid of death? Death represents the greatest limitations in Life. Why do people enjoy Life? Life comprises in itself the most favourable conditions for growth and development – it bears the greatest treasures, the greatest Freedom which man cannot imagine. One who knows that should not use his Life as a grindstone.

And so, the young should light up, should be lit lighthouses. They should not want to become old because they will go out. Many old people have left their lighthouses, have become wise men prematurely. Every old man should have a lighthouse to take care of. There are as many young people as lit lighthouses; there are as many old people as lamplighters. If there is one young person more than the number of the lighthouses, which are lit up; and if there is one old man more than the number of the lamps they take care of, things in the world will not be going correctly. With each young man there should be an old man and with each old man there should be a young man. In this respect, I compare these things in the following analogy: the soul is the lighthouse that lights up; the Spirit is the lamplighter that takes care of the soul to light up. If someone says that the soul does not exist, it is understood that his lighthouse has gone out; if someone says that the Spirit exists but the soul does not exist, it is understood that the lamplighter is in his place but the lighthouse does not operate. In that sense these terms are strictly determined. Someone says, “My Spirit has fainted.” – That means that the lamplighter who cleans and lights the lighthouse is absent. One should have a lighthouse but should have a lamplighter at his disposal as well.

Today the Ninth youth council was opened. Why do people collect? The most beautiful thing in Life is collecting. The opposite process of collecting is taking away, which in Life is called scattering as well. When there is no intelligence in the taking away, then there is scattering. And collecting has sense when man collects Good in him. The number 9 in the Ninth council means making a report on what has been done so far in the years passed. The previous councils have been taking place in Sofia; therefore, many people thought that there would not be a council this year. In past years, music features and recitations had been prepared by brothers and sisters; but here, too, some music features were performed without any preparations from your side. Today in the morning, on the occasion of opening the council, an orchestra with people from outside arrived from the country with mandolins and guitars and played with love, without any reward. They came as delegates sent by the Invisible world to replace our brothers and sisters from the country who used to come to the council. This shows that there is a close bond between all phenomena in Life. God runs all affairs, He opens and closes the councils – everything happens by His Will. You cannot imagine that the council can take place in the Rila Mountain without any music, without any particular preparations. When I told you that this year there will not be a council I wanted to call your attention to the fact that the council will not be held in the usual way which you know but will be held in quite a special way. This year’s council was open today on St. Peter’s day, while in the past years it had finished on this day.

In the proverb about the sower Christ says, “Another one fell in good ground and gave fruit: one – a hundred, another – sixty and another – thirty.” So, the first seed fell on the road and the birds ate it up. The road represents the physical life which is transient, passing – nothing can be expected from it. Other seeds fell among thorn-bushes and in stony places where they soon grew but could not bear any fruit – those conditions represent the Spiritual world. And finally, one seed fell in good ground and bore fruit – thirty, sixty and a hundred; so real fruits should be expected from the Divine world.

“You are a Son of the living God.” When Peter told Christ that He was a Son of the living God he meant the force hidden in Christ. Hence, Peter made a parallel between God and Christ and found that Christ was God’s Son. And if people believe in God they will see that the Earth they live on is an opportunity for them. When the Sun, the stars, and the moon rise, they represent delegates sent by God. When you meet good people they, too, are delegates, messengers of God. Every work that someone does with Love is nothing else but the implementation of God’s Will. For example, those volunteer musicians, all educated and intelligent people implemented God’s Will. They set you, too, a good example. Playing for nothing they wanted to tell you “Do work for nothing as we do, of Love and for God.” And the Invisible world wanted to show you that when God arranges things they happen without any program. There is a program in the Divine world as well but not as in the physical world.

And so, if a trial comes to you, do thank God – trials are a privilege for people. After every trial one acquires something good. One of the trials in the mountains is rain. When we came here it began raining heavily on the very next day as if it was pouring from the heaven and at the same time was gushing out from the ground as well. The brothers had huddled together and had become silent – watching what would happen. At that the rain was so heavy that a strange rumble was heard from underground. At a time a resounding thunder of guns was heard while flashes of lightning were breaking the sky. I say, “There is nothing to be afraid of; these are the mountaineers that bid us a welcome with a thunder of guns.” Besides, they gave us a concert with loud music tones that were very large. All spent the whole night in prayers. In the morning everything lulled and they began laughing, saying how they had been afraid of their tents being torn. After this trial, all felt brisk, fresh, and young as children.

I say, People should bear in themselves the qualities of a child – should have Divine purity. While living on the Earth they should always be young, should work, and should be on like a lit candle; they should be lighthouses in the sea that light up the way for the ships from afar. As to the suffering of people – those are temporary things – they can disappear immediately. While suffering, people think they will never get out of this situation; once they are free from the suffering they forget everything and keep only the experience they have acquired.

Now, the essential idea that you should keep from this council is the idea of God’s Son. The word young understands the possibility of man to light up, to have God’s good-will, to be God’s Son. Only that one could be called God’s Son who does His Will. And through us God may do everything, indeed; and we should be happy about this. If we do God’s Will we will have God’s blessing and the respect of people. Doing God’s Will – this is the true philosophy of Life. But when man comes upon his attitude to God and people he hesitates. Why? - Because he comes upon the problem of his education. To educate himself, to control himself, to curb himself – this is the most difficult job. There are forces in man that he should first know. At the same time he should know the laws that those forces submit to; this is not a mechanical process. In man, there are thoughts, wishes, and deeds, which he cannot use as he would like. For example, the feeling of hatred should be transformed in man in the most correct way. When one hates someone else he hates himself too – he causes harm to the other one but at the same time he causes harm to himself as well. When one loves someone else he loves himself too – he does the other one good but at the same time he does himself good as well. Hatred destroys while Love builds. Why should you hate, why should you seek revenge? Do not forget that God’s eye watches everything. When someone attacks you do not be in a hurry to have it out with him – do leave this matter to God, He will have it out of him in a way that you never suspected.

And so, the Ninth youth council is already open. We, that came here, will get up early morning and will send good thoughts all over the world. Good thoughts are God’s thoughts – they should pervade wherever there are God’s workers. What will the first telegram be that you will send now to Sofia? All of you that came here do send short letters to some of your friends in Sofia or in the country to delight them. Write something about man, about his connection with God.

After the talk you will make a good meal and after that you will be able to serve the others too. First man serves himself and then his fellow men. From morning till night, man should constantly thank God for all the opportunities He has offered him. The true Life begins from now: knowing this you should not lose heart. Once man loses heart he loses the right direction in his Life; once he takes heart he finds it again. So does a little child – as soon as it loses its mother it cries; as soon as it finds it, it is glad.

I say, we are here as at a radio station, and should keep clear, nice thoughts in our minds, to send them afterwards all over the world. As thoughts are being transmitted by telegraph stations so we will send our good thoughts through the space. It is a law: In Nature, nothing is either lost or created; hence thoughts are neither lost nor created but are only being transmitted from one station to another. The stations are human minds.

Now we will thank God for the Word, for the food, for the abundance that is given to us here. You should be careful that your lighthouses are always lit up and the lamplighters clean and light them on time.

Secret prayer

12th July 1931, St. Peter’s day, 6 pm

[1] Bulgarian currency