1932_05_19 Bearers of the New

Jackline Spasova-Bobeva

Note 1

Bearers of the New

The Good Prayer

I will read part of Chapter ten of John’s [Gospel] from line one to line nineteen.

“God is Love”

The first line of the chapter reads, “Verily, verily I say unto you, he that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.”

Jesus takes one very ordinary word ‘door’. Everything has a door. Every room has a door. The door is a natural way. When a robber wants to come into the room, he drills a hole and comes in through it. Hence, the one who does not come through the door has different intentions. This is a simple fact of life, but you want to know what Christ wanted to say. He makes a comparison saying that the thief, who enters into a sheepfold, comes to take a sheep or to sell it, or to eat it.

Sometimes you ask why the evil exists in the world. But if you were in the place of a sheep, how could you explain the condition of a thief entering the sheepfold? What are his motives when he enters and pinches [a sheep] from the sheepfold? He’s got [vested] interest. You may now ask what evil you have done to him, whether he hates you. He does not hate you, he loves you; out of a great love for you he enters the sheepfold and robs.

On the same basis, when a thought enters you, it can cause trouble. There are certain thoughts which come in like living beings and incur great damage. Each thought that comes in stealthily has an aspiration of its own. How can you recognize such thoughts? A thought entering you and incurring trouble to you, is not coming through the door. For example, you are absolutely convinced that God loves you, but somebody comes and tells you that a friend of yours spoke ill of you. Without verifying it, you purse your brows, frown, you purse your lips, you become indisposed, you start thinking why he spoke like this. You haven’t verified it, but you [start] threaten[ing] in yourself, “I shall teach him a lesson, how dare he speak like this!” People are very gullible. You don’t believe the truth, but you believe a rumour. If an evil thought is spreading among you, you will believe it.

In this century you first have to learn to recognize the features of your thought. Because thoughts are Powers that build [construct]. Like the thoughts like the person. As soon as simple thoughts start coming into him, his face roughens. All day long he pays attention to simple [ordinary] thoughts. Simple [ordinary] I call the thoughts of material nature related with the earthly life. Such a person related with the material life, roughens in the same way just like a person doing tough labour has corns and boils on his hands.

The strength of a scientist lies in the fact that he knows [has got knowledge of] things. Many of you can tell certain differences, but you cannot even determine in what certain fruit trees differ. For example, the leaves of an apple tree, cherry tree, plum tree, apricot tree, medlar (Mespilus) tree and others differ. People consider these things insignificant. Some of you cannot tell the difference between one face and another. You say that the face is beautiful, round, that the eye-brows are beautiful. But you cannot describe the eye-brows. You say that the lips are very beautiful, but you cannot describe them. Similarly, you know nothing about the ears; you have a vague idea only. Then you say that his hair is very beautiful, but you know not whether the hair is thick or thin. Nice hair is smooth as silk. If you pluck a hair from somebody’s head and run it through your fingers, you can describe the character of the person. The entire life is written on one hair. If you are nervous, this is written on the hair and nervous is the hair too. If you are stingy, the hair is stingy likewise, it has certain uneven bumps. If your character is rough, the hair is similarly rough and thick. If you have a kind, sophisticated, noble character, the hair is smooth from one end to the other and it feels pleasant on touching as if something is flowing into you. The hair of a saint, having spent thirty years in the mountains, is unusual. Why do saints wear their hair long? Because hair cutting stands for physical freedom and you do not cut your hair, you say, ‘Let whatever God says be!’ And nowadays when cutting their hair people say, ‘Let whatever we say be!’ Some of the women stick to ‘Let whatever God says be!’, and some of the women have their hair cut and say, ‘Let whatever we say be!’ But let’s leave this aside; this is the external side…

If you run your fingers along a hair of a saint, from the one end to the other, your indisposition will disappear, you will be pleasantly predisposed and you will think that life is meaningful. This is why people like holding something from a saint in their hands. If you have a hair of a saint and [if you] run it through your fingers, just like women run the thread when spinning, the hair will transfer what it has to you. The same is true about food. If your organism doesn’t run the food through itself in order to extract what God and the Sun have put into it, it cannot benefit. Every thought, every feeling are printed upon your mind. For example, your friend has said a kind word and when you keep repeating it your mood changes. This is true in respect of the Gospel too: when you read it some words touch you, they haven’t lost the deep meaning they contain.

Therefore, each thought that comes in through the door is good. Bad thoughts can be recognized by their different colours, different vibrations, their sounds are completely different. Bad thoughts are utterly ugly. Each thought has the form of a human being – like the human being, like the thought. Because if you intend to steal a lamb, your thought expresses how you make off with the lamb, how you kill it and so on.

If you say something in relation to a friend of yours, in the end you start regretting it. Why do you regret? The very thought contains poison within itself; not only when you receive it, but also when you send it to somebody’s address, this thought passes through you. The person sending the thought is doing an ill turn to oneself, just like a bee pays with its life when stinging someone. Each thought, coming out of a human being and causing [any] damage, will die. This dying has a reverse effect upon the human consciousness.

Contemporary suffering is a result from the unnatural application. Sometimes you wonder how comes certain bad thoughts attack you. Bad thoughts always come from the material world. It is enough one of you, having a good religious mood and Love for God, to go out and visit a friend of his, who has nice furniture and disposable resources, in order for this person to come back indisposed. A person, when visiting well-off people, sees houses with carpets and on coming back home such a person tells himself, ‘Why don’t I have these riches that well-off people have?’ There is one difference in life. If a big whale living in the sea has a big body and can move everywhere, and if a person regrets not being such a big whale, which one is better – to be a human being or a whale? A rich person is a big whale living in the water. You visited him and you want to be like him, but whales are exposed to great dangers. You covet the situation of the rich, but the rich have great sufferings. Poor people have external sufferings – sometimes they are underfed, but they do not have the sufferings of the rich. God has so determined things, that wealth has its good and bad sides. Poverty, and studying, and religious life also have their good and bad sides. Because in order to be religious you have certain obligations: you live in a society and you cannot do whatever you feel like. For example, if you live in a good mannered society you will speak what is decent, what is moral and what will not be condemned by the people. People have an internal consciousness and they know when a person is good internally. Even animals know.

In the region of Varna there was one utterly poor person, called Deli Vassil. Wherever he happened to walk in the village, even by the worst dogs, which tore the clothes of other people, they would not even bark at him. How will you explain this? And everybody called him Deli Vassil – the crazy Vassil. I am asking why dogs did not bark at him. Because this person loved them. If you love a dog, as soon as it sees you, it knows that you love it and starts wagging its tail. Dogs are very proud, they have one feeling; they are the litmus test for attachment. If you look at them and if you have no feeling for them, they start barking at you and say, ‘You are not noble!’ Dogs are a paragon of attachment. How comes they have such a feeling? This is a psychological phenomenon and if people could have even the dogs’ attachment, they would have lived a much better life. Apart from the feeling of attachment, dogs have a feeling of chivalry too: a male dog will never throttle a female dog, nobleness it does have. There may be certain exceptions with the trained dogs, but I [at least] haven’t seen any. Is this true about people? So, dogs have a noble feeling of attachment and a feeling of self-consciousness, of a responsibility to the other sex. People should take these features as example [to follow].

What is the purpose of religion? To impart the most beautiful, the noblest into the human soul. But in the present century there is a danger of moralizing. You say, ‘We have to live in this way! [‘This is how we have to live!’]’ I am in for the teaching. Every single person should aspire to apply [the teaching], because the beauty of Life rests in the application. Someone was telling me how he ate cherries, how delicious they were. If this person gives me some and [if] I try the cherries, he may tell me; then I will also share [with him] and I will say, ‘It’s true, I tried some [cherries], indeed they are delicious.’

You say that you have to be good people. There is one stagnant good in the world. Others say that you have to be rich. There is a condition under which everybody can be rich. If a person is intelligent, everyday there is a moment when he can become rich and happy, but he misses it. When the moment of one’s happiness comes, one is busy with side issues. Only after the beautiful moment has passed, when there are no more chances for happiness, one starts looking for it and says, ‘There is no happiness in the world.’ One starts looking for good people and says that they do not exist in the world. There are good people, but good people always pass through the door – through the king’s gates, while those who pass through the barriers, are not good people. If two sisters quarrel, they are on either side of the barriers. If two neighbours quarrel that the hen of the one lay an egg in the yard of the other and they cannot divide the egg, I am asking you if they quarrel through the door? Over the barrier, over the fence they quarrel about one egg. Let’s assume that the hen lays eggs for a week in somebody else’s yard; if we price an egg at 20 levs, is it worth quarrelling over 20 levs? If it were about a couple of million of pounds sterling, you will say that it is a lot of money, while it is about twenty levs, which amounts to less than a Swiss franc. Thus one loses one’s good mood and it is sometimes the case that a person wastes all the opportune occasions throughout the year and in the end one roughens. One would often pronounce an inconsiderate word, makes a mistake, but one justifies oneself afterwards by saying, ‘I have the right to say it, I am not stupid!’ Do you think that a person who has one’s own rules and who quarrels with people is very intelligent? If you go around saying that this one is doing fine, that the other one is not doing fine, I ask if there is someone who has thanked for you vilifying him or her. At least I haven’t met such a person.

Sometimes there is an internal talk within a human being. There is an internal talk, and there is an external talk. Sometimes one argues with oneself and says, ‘This one is like this, and that one is like that, why did God make them such people, couldn’t He make them different?’ Such a person grumbles, then he goes to pray and during the prayer he says, ‘God does not listen to me.’ What will you achieve when you start with your own rules? God does not need any rules; these are absolutely useless for Him. God made the people so perfect that there is no need whatsoever to additionally polish them. If that caterpillar, which eats leaves, knows how to transform its character, which professor will give instructions to it? It climbs this tree and it keeps climbing that tree until it becomes a butterfly. A sister wants to teach another sister good manners. It would be very interesting to me if there is an instance in your experience when two sisters managed to polish another sister so well that the latter became a saint. There is no such case. I know a sister who met another sister who sinned a lot and told her, ‘Sister, I love you very much, I would like to be like you and I’m sorry I can’t. How pleasant it is to be a friend of yours, I am so lonely.’ The other one said, ‘I am also lonely, I am considered very bad. Let’s get together!’ I think that the first sister reasons [thinks] very well.

Often we do not know the underlying reasons behind what we call evil in the world. Neither do we know what reasons made a person add good in a particular case to any of his deeds…

(a cat lingering around the Master)

This cat is an object teaching. It listens to the lecture without understanding it. It has its way – it will smooth its tail, because it has something on its mind. I know why it smoothes its tail – it wants something material, nothing ideal does it want. Translated into a human language this cat tells me, ‘If the sisters bring nice things to you, leave some for me! If they bring nice cheese to you, you should give some to me, don’t you forget!’ As a cat is a gregarious animal, those beings from the Invisible world want to express something completely different. They want to say that you have to have a character, not to be ashamed of yourselves. The cat says, ‘I understand well and am grateful to the Master. I’m ready to be obedient; as long as I am called, I am ready …’ Let’s leave the cat now, as it distracts our attention.

In one’s up-bringing a person should never self-torture oneself. At the current stage of development one should constantly correct one’s mistakes. All the mistakes are collective. For example, sometimes it rains and the wall gets muddy; you will take the brush and will paint it. Someone breaks the window; you will buy a new glass and fix it! Someone soiled; you will clean! Such things happen all the time. The world is full of good and bad thoughts. A person who does not understand the laws is exposed to an external influence and if you join a society, you will immediately take in its mood. If you happen to be among scientists, musicians, religious or others, you will take in their mood. If you bask in the sun, you will take in the mood of the Sun and you will be predisposed. If you bask in the moon-light, you will have a completely different mood. From a spiritual point of view the world has come to a situation that demands an internal understanding, each one of you is required to have a strong thought, not to be influenced by the environment where one lives, and to enter a more highly developed environment. For example, a Divine thought enters you; how do you recognize that this is a Divine thought?

Somebody comes to visit you and a thought comes to your mind to give him two thousand levs to leave you. Or it comes to your mind to buy him clothes and to see him off. A third thought may come to your mind to receive him to stay with you and to see him off on the following day. Which one of the three is a Divine thought? Someone will think that to give two thousand levs is Divine. Another one will think that the second thought is Divine. From my point of view Divine is the third thought and I would act like this. Money and clothes I shall not give, but I will feed him. Because what shall I do, provided the law requires that I give clothes or money, [if] God sends a bird to me? A bird visits me, purches on my window, walks along the sill, wants to get in, stays there waiting for several hours. What does this bird want? This bird has come to visit me. If the Divine law requires that I give money or clothes, this bird needs none of those. It needs food. Therefore, Divine is what is common for all in a particular situation. In other words, you have to give what is common for birds, human beings and angles. This is Divine; this is the Divine thought, while the other things are specific.

Those who act like human beings will find themselves in contradiction. If you give a person two thousand levs he will get scared and will say, ‘Come on, send your servant to guard me not to be robbed!’ But if you feed him, he won’t be scared. And if he wants me to send my servant, I shall not do it, because he is sent by the Invisible world not to be served, but to serve. Every human being is sent to serve and the one who does not understand the law and waits for the others to serve him, has forgotten one’s promise. Many diseases come to the world when you say, ‘I’m fed up with household work; I need a rest!’ At the moment when you make a wish to have a servant, you will fall ill. God will send you a servant. I am talking to [those of] you who are willing to implement God’s Will and I don’t understand how it is possible for a servant to want other people to serve him, being himself a servant to a greater master. So, he wants to be a master of another servant. The Divine law says, ‘as long as you are in a position to serve, be willing to serve and you will be healthy! As long as you want to serve God, you will be healthy; your legs will be all right, nothing more. You shall not say, “I’m fed up with serving!” As soon as you conceive the thought of having a servant, as soon as you want to be a master, your daughter, your husband – everybody will be discontented with you, because they perceive your thought. Your thought is transferred to your husband and then he also yearns for being a master. Thus everybody at home start fighting. Your daughter does not obey either and she says, ‘I do not want to serve either!’ You often create trouble for yourselves at home, because whatever you wish for, the others start wishing for it too. You wish to have a nice garment, but your son, your daughter and the others also wish to have such a nice garment, while there is not enough money for all. Then they start quarrelling why one has got a new garment, and another one hasn’t got.

There exists also another law in the world, which is most visibly seen with the birds: the longer they wear their clothes, the more beautiful they become; if a feather falls, another one comes up. If you observe this law, your clothes shall not wear out. I know people who have worn the same suit for ten years and it hasn’t worn out. Wearing a new suit for ten years – this is saving. Those who live according to God, make savings of one suit at two thousand levs for ten years. If you live according to God your clothes will always be new. A saint was with the same cloak for thirty years which remained new. The cloak of any saint who does not pass the exam wears out. Christ did not take his clothes off his back, did not hang them when entering a house.

I want to take you to the main point about that great faith in the Divine that delivers [bestows, grants] Peace and serenity to the human thought, that self-consciousness by virtue of which you can overcome difficulties every day. For example, you are grieved, you feel sad; when you direct your thought your grief disappears. Or you have an argument; you direct your thought to God and say, ‘God, settle this work!’ If a garment is soiled, you will wash it and the job will be done! Somebody has told you something; you will try to understand it in the Divine context. After each bad word, after each ordeal, if you overcome it, you will experience a great blessing of which you are completely unaware. Ordeals are Divine goods that are hidden, so that God can try you. God will send you a great good, which is so formidable externally, that you will say, ‘I don’t want it!’ You do not understand the Divine path. Therefore the Scripture reads, ‘All those who endure what happens to them, who resolve the issues properly, will have an internal serenity and internal strength.’ Each one of you can be made lose one’s temper. For example, you are walking in the forest at night and somebody shouts, ‘Ambush!’ There is no ambush; what ambush can there be where God is! There is no obstacle whatsoever to approach you, if you listen to God. Even a bear will come and pass by. But if you do not listen to God, the bear will deliver a lecture to you and will ask you, ‘Why didn’t you do God’s Will?’

The Scripture reads, ‘he that does not enter by the door.’ This door is the Divine Love – to believe that there is no change in God. What God said does not change. There is a Science that does not depend on human knowledge. Because if a child and a scientist plant a seed, the results will be same. Both the child and the scientist will bury the seeds in the ground and they will bear the same fruit. You think that if you are educated you will be better. No, learning will be an appendage to you and it will benefit you to a certain degree. Ignorance won’t benefit you either.

Under the present circumstances you have to cope with certain hardships. Let’s assume that you want to develop clairvoyance. Somebody says, ‘Teacher, why don’t you open our eyes?’, but I am silent. I will tell you why I don’t open your eyes: imagine that you are in a room and you want to see the mountain. You have to go out of the room in order to see the mountain with your own eyes, but you ask if there is a telescope or binoculars at hand. I say - you will go out and see the mountain on the spot. When you climb the high peak on top, you will see what you cannot see under ordinary conditions. Those who do not want to develop this gift will say, ‘It’s very high up there in the mountain. Our hearts will burst. It’s cold and there is snow there. When special roads are made we shall go there by bus or by plane.’ You have to wait for two or three hundred years for these conditions. While now, you can go without having to wait for an airplane, and you can attain what you need.

You have a concept that clairvoyance can be granted from outside. I will tell you how you can attain clairvoyance: imagine that you live in a parlour, but your ancestors have never cleaned the windows, they are dirty and little light comes through them. I look through them and say, ‘Nothing can be seen.’ You wash them everyday, but still nothing can be seen. I say: you have washed them from the outside, and now you will wash them from the inside and your eyes will immediately open and see clearly through the windows. A sister may say, ‘This is not for us, we may fall down from the ladder, let a servant come and wash them!’ Never can a servant wash your windows either from the inside or the outside. I am asking how windows are washed. If you cannot wash your mind, you won’t be able to drive away the flitting bad and side issues attacking you at times. One should erect a wall in one’s mind and not allow useless thoughts to disturb him. Just like students have to cope with the material the teacher has assigned to them, rather than dwelling on the teacher’s attitude to this or that student. When you sit for an exam, you won’t be asked whether you like your teacher or not, but whether you know or not, whether you have studied or not. In the Invisible world those who do not study, are not regarded well; there studying and high regard go hand in hand. Here, on the earth, there are, however, students of very high regard who do not study. There is something bad in an absent-minded student; there is something bad in a person who is of high regard but does not study. This is psychologically true: such a person is seemingly good, but his mind is distracted, and according to Nature, which cannot be beguiled, he has a bad habit that distracts his mind. This absent-mindedness may not be resilient: you are sitting and thinking that you are a daughter of a prince, that you have a nice room, children, servants and have everything at your disposal; you imagine many things and thus you distract your mind. You have to pull yourself together and say, ‘No Prince, no Princess!’ One of our sisters was telling another one ‘our Princess Raina, our Heavenly servant’…

To be able to work, to be able to study, to rely on what God put in you! Only what is put in you can you develop. You can develop your gifts. The Spiritual science gives those methods that you can use to develop them. And any teaching in the world can be accessible to man only when he loves [to human beings only when they love]. If you love a person you will remember his words, if you do not love him, you won’t remember them. If you love a school subject, you will make progress in it. Your memory will be as much as is your love. Memory fades when you remember things automatically [mechanically].

A capable student studies, studies and studies. The gift is given, but he works in order to be worthy of what he has attained. You have to take him as an example. A good person not only has a gift, but has also worked [for it]. A musician has also worked. This is true in respect of any other gift.

Now, I want to put you to a test, as Pythagoras did. Let’s say you are in a Pythagoras’ school where prince’s sons came and for about three-four years they were subjected to utter ridicule, that were meant to deeply affect them. And if the applicant passed the test, he was admitted to the school to study the secret sciences after four years. And if you are ridiculed, I do not know how many people will survive [endure, carry on]. If you are ridiculed for a month I do not know how many of you will endure. You will experience things you haven’t even dreamt about and you will say, ‘Why does God allow this [to happen]?’ This is a test. If the student does not retaliate to the ridicule, he will endure for four years. He has to think and after passing this exam, he will be admitted at the school. If one wants to be admitted to Heaven, does he have to pay attention when he is told that he is perverted and crazy? You may be told that you pray three times a day to God, but you are not rich, you live in a gypsy’s cabin but those [people] without praying have palaces; people may try to persuade you to leave this crazy stuff and you may start asking yourself whether these people are not right? I am asking this question to you, who are not crazy, ‘Do you have graveyards; do priests bury and perform the funeral service for you?’ We at least are crazy! When we die, we may or may not be buried. It’s all the same to us even if we are not buried; we do not leave money for a funeral. You will say that people who die should be buried. Christ gives a parable: nobody buried the poor Lazarus, he was placed in a cart and was given a simple funeral; a rich person dies and is given a ceremonial funeral with music and cymbals. The rich person was placed in hell in the other world, while Lazarus, who was dragged there in a crate, was taken to Abraham’s bosom... Death and funerals are the old order of things. Man will not die in the new order. There will come a day when there will be no dying [death] – when the time comes, man will simply leave consciously for the other world. He will start, he will leave and nobody will know where he has gone; nothing more. Now everybody knows. Iliya left his fur-coat when he left for the other world and Eliseus [Elisha] took it.

A sister talks very eloquently; this sister actually presents a puzzle to you – she says one thing, but it is understood allegorically. This is a puzzle. She says, ‘Ivan, Dragan1, you are like this.’ However, there are thousands of Ivans and Dragans. According to this theory each student is put to a great internal test. While under the current conditions these issues are incomprehensible.

Now, there are no material conditions for everybody to be happy. There are not sufficiently intelligent sons and daughters in the family in order to make home a happy place. They haven’t reached this stage of development. People should prepare from now on so that they can understand that they have to work according to the great law of God. You too have to understand God’s paths [ways].

There are different methods to study the Bible: there is a mechanical method, however, there is another method to study as well. Some study the Bible like that man who had ten barns [full] of stones from plums, seeds from apples, pears and medlars; each year he counted the stones and the seeds – he took them out, counted them and then returned them – thus he knew how many stones and seeds there were in each barn. People know the Bible in the same way, but this is no knowing. Knowing rests in planting: the stone have to be first planted, then the fruit has to be digested, so that it becomes flesh and blood in the human being [man]. If you do not receive the juices of the cherry, you cannot gain [acquire] its strength. The cherry is a letter – when you read this letter, you will understand. The current understanding is utterly [entirely] mechanic.

Now people want to become healthy, but health depends on the human thought, feelings and deeds. Every one can be absolutely healthy when there is a unity between one’s thoughts, feelings and deeds, without any contradiction. Let’s say you have potatoes and you want to bake them. Certain thoughts resemble potatoes that have to be baked in the Love of this Divine Fire. The fruit of the trees is also baked in the best of Light.

A Turk loaded a cart full of cherries near the town of Varna and went to sell them in Dobrich. He ate cherries [together] with the stones along the road. And when he arrived in Dobrich he could not climb down from the cart, and he had to undergo an operation to have eight kilogrammes of stones taken out from his intestines.

There are unnatural wishes in people. You put in one desire, a second desire, a third one, you fill your heart with stones but do you know what can happen then! Eat the pulp [meat] of the cherry, chew it, and plant the stone! It is enough for you to eat ten cherries, there is no point in eating cherries all day long. We want to resolve the issues like this Turk. He thought that by putting eight kilogrammes of cherry stones into him, he will resolve all the issues, but he had to undergo an operation to have the stones taken out. The stomach is not a place for stones; it’s a place for food. The human mind is not fit for a slaughter-house, but it is a sacred place for you to think. Sacred has to be the mind; good thoughts does it have to have. Likewise the heart is not a place to fill with trouble, but it is a carrier for the best of desires and feelings.

If you act like this everyday, then your life will acquire a new meaning, you won’t fear death. Each one of you is scared that some day you will die. Everyone who was born will go through death anyway; death in itself is not frightening. Christ has also been through it. All martyrs and saints, all people willing or not, will anyway go through death. You have to acquire a proper understanding: death is dangerous when you die without Love; and when you die with Love, this is no death. Each one who does not enter Life through the door, each one who does not study the Truth in this way, is a thief and a robber – a robber of the goods granted by God [that God gave him]. Such a person is a thief and a robber for oneself too, because he will be sentenced to one hundred years in prison and he will spend his entire life there. But he can, in spite of the diseases and misery, spend his life the way a good person can have a good life in the middle of the stormy sea of human hardships. This is the situation for those who understand the laws.

The Law of God, the Divine Providence, is above all the conditions. There is common providence in the world; there is one common Consciousness, which takes care of and guides all beings. This is true for peoples too – whatever happens with them, whatever people in the world think, there is one other thing that helps, that man can always rely on. One can be as happy as one is conscious [aware] of and true to this law. God said that those who love Him and implement His law, He has them written on His palm. This is a symbol showing the care God takes. His Spirit always removes the hardships, the suffering that man experiences. You torment yourself, but the conditions are removed and something nice comes. Have no fear, because there is such an example in the Scripture: when Apostle Peter was imprisoned, one hundred and twenty people prayed for him and an angel came in the evening and told him, ‘Go out and don’t come back!’ This is so, if one believes. Someone may say that this was a long time ago. It is the same now too. The present times are the same time. It’s always the

time when one believes; and it’s never the
time when one does not believe. As long as one believes things can be [happen]. I mean that alive faith of Love that performs miracles.

This should be the common thought: everybody should be a bearer of the New in the world! One should be a conductor of the Love of God. Someone will say, ‘What can depend on me?’ Light comes through one window, but when there are many windows, a lot of light will come in. You will take one step, then a second one, a third one, a thousand steps will you take. Every human being has a great future in this regard. What has to be achieved is incomparably much more than what man has already achieved. Now, man is in the area of grief, but after grief suffering comes and after suffering man will enter Joy. After suffering Joy will come. Christ says, ‘Now you have grief, I will see you and your grief will transform into joy.’

Lord’s Prayer

Lecture delivered by the Master on 19 May 1932, 16.00h,

Sofia, Izgreva

1 Ivan, Dragan – popular Bulgarian male names.

Source