1931_08_10 Who wait for God

Jackline Spasova-Bobeva

Note 1

Who wait for God

Now I shall read you 11th chapter from the Gospel of Joan. Today you will think over 11th verse from the chapter. “These things said He, and after that He said unto them, “Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awaken him out of sleep.” There is nothing better than God approaching to wake up those who sleep – who get to sleep, he dies for the infirmities of life. Who can wake up the man? Only the one who cares for him. When the mother and father wake up their child, this shows that they care for him; therefore when God wakes us up, this shows that He cares for us; He wants to bring us into the right path.  

You say for somebody: “This man is asleep, we have to wake him up” – why? Because the sleeping man doesn’t do anything, he doesn’t show any activity. As the man should be awaken from the physical sleep, likewise he should be awaken spiritually. Many people can wake up the man, but the right thing is God to wake him up – why? Because God is the Sun of Life. When this Sun wakes you up, it will open your eyes to see and understand the world rightly, to be able to work in the world. When somebody else wakes you up he will wake you in darkness – what you will do in darkness? Waking up in the day light makes sense, but the waking up in darkness does not make any sense.

Now I shall draw an analogy between the Sun and the three Divine laws: the down of Life represents Love, the sunrise represents Wisdom, and the Truth is the zenith – the apogee of the Sun, from which it never sets. Bear these thoughts in your mind and through them verify your states.

I say: everything what you have heard so far and continue to hear, is the Word of God. Who feed on this Word does not go hungry; who does not feed on It, walks always hungry – the Word is the bread and the water which support Life. In this case I ask, which bread is better – the fresh or the stale, made few weeks ago? The fresh, of course. Which water is better, this which springs today, or that which sprang thousand years ago – today’s water is better; which sun is most important for you, the sun which rises today, or that which rose thousand years ago – the today’s sunrise is most important. So, the most important for the people is the Word which God speaks to them today. In the past God had spoken to the people according to their level of development and in future He will speak to them again according to the level of their development. When the child is little, its mother speaks to it in one way; when it grows up into a son or a daughter, she speaks in other way, but as for the child, whom the mother speaks to, as for the man, whom God speaks to, the important moment is the present one.

You say: “There was time our mother spoke to us as to children, her language was more severe, more edifying; now she speaks to us as big, as to reasonable people” – but between the first language of the mother and the present one there is no contradiction. To the little child she speaks on its manner, she bends the words, adapts to the child so to be understood; a day will come when the mother will speak to her child with a perfect language – this language is the language of the rising Sun, i.e. the language of Wisdom. In the language of Love it is allowed for the mother to chatter, to bend the words according to the development of the child, but no bending is allowed in the language of Wisdom, no changes – Wisdom corrects everything, its language is perfect. As for the Truth, it appreciates everything in its fullness. So that, it is not important what was your life in the past, leave this life aside – what your life is now, this is important for you. Don’t think for the future; when you stay upright in front of the future, it becomes present – the past is past present, the future is future present. Do not think for these two lives of the present – think only for your present life.

You say: “What is the most important thing for the man?” – the most important thing for the man is to eat, the most important thing for the man is to look, most important thing for the man is to listen, the most important thing for the man is to taste from the sweetness of the Word of God, the most important thing for the man is to grow, to purify his heart, to develop his mind etc. There are not things nicest for the man than those, all other things are transient. Man grows up to some age, after that the growing up stops; in this relation the growing of the man likens to the climbing of some mountain peak – he hurries up to climb, wants to be on the top as quickly as possible, as a result sweats and gets tired. After he climbs the top, he looks around, stays a little and already thinks for descent – he sees that he can’t live on the top, he doesn’t know the laws. Indeed, the laws on the high places are absolutely different from these of the low places.

And so, the climbing upwards represents the youth, the descent downwards – the old age. The young climbs on the top, stays a little, but sees that he can’t live there long time and gradually starts to get downwards; the descent downwards represents the man’s getting old – he sees that his powers leave him, his body stoops, his eyes and ears are failing, he doesn’t have desire to eat, nothing is sweet and pleasant to him anymore. In a way, while we climb on the mountain the life has sense – why? Because we are still in the youth. If we start to get down, the life loses its sense – why? Because we enter the old age. The youth and the old age, i.e. the climbing and the descent are phases of the ordinary, of the temporary life. But in the eternal Life there is constant climbing – in that life man can get down only when he wishes to help somebody, after that he goes back again, i.e. he continues his climbing upwards. As in the physical, likewise in the spiritual life there is climbing and descent: when man discourages or when his life loses its sense, he has got down from the top: if he gains courage, he climbs on the top again. In this sense Love, Wisdom and Truth are high peaks - once man climbed these peaks, there he must stay – he must withstand the laws which exist on these tops; if he doesn’t withstand, he will get old, meanwhile he will lose his power and his health – everything he had by then. And then, when the Great mother Love passes near him, she will say: “Shall I go to wake him” – when she wakes him, she will lift him up again to the top. As you know that, you must not dishearten – who was awaked once, he should watch out not to get asleep; who sleeps, he should wish God to awake him. Who climbs the mountain, he has to learn the laws of the mountain in order not to get down; who gets down from the mountain, should pray to God to wake him, i.e. to put him on the Path, so that he starts to climb.

Now those from you, who will go to Sofia, will see to connect with God, if they want the steps and their ways to be right. Sofia is an emblem of Wisdom – you should not get down (from your vehicle) in Sofia, but you should mount up to it as to a place of Wisdom. Who will not go, they will stay here, on the high places. Who gets down, he gets old; who climbs up, he rejuvenates. If you want to understand the sense of Life, you have to make inner connection between the three tops – Love, Wisdom and Truth. If you understand the sense of the Life, you will be able to live on the high places as well. Here we are, we live here so long on the heights of Rila thanks to the Karakachans and their horses – they bring us bread, potatoes, beans, butter, cheese, etc. As these things are present, we have songs, we have sermons. The Karakachan represents Life which comes with its horses to bring something to the people on Earth – till Life brings us something, we will have what to eat and drink, and meanwhile we will listen to God speaking to us.

I say: What you have been heard so far, apply it without stopping upon the past. The most important for you is to have the daily bread – the Word is bread. There is no better thing for the man but to listen to the Word of God! It is said in the God’s prayer: “Give our daily bread today” – the Word is the daily bread for the soul from which the soul needs every day. When the soul feeds on the Word of God, it becomes powerful, great. Who had been feeding his soul with the Word, today he is a citizen of the Kingdom of God. Now you as well prepare to become citizens of this Kingdom; if you feed on the Word of God, the door of this Kingdome will open for you also. For this aim you have to be absolutely healthy – to have healthy legs, arms, eyes, ears, mind, heart. Do not think that if you are ill, they will carry you to the Kingdom of God on stretcher – in the Kingdom of God they do not accept those who are sick. If the door opens once, only those who are healthy and can get up will enter inside; those who are ill and cannot get up from their beds, they will wait till the door of the Kingdom of God opens for the second time. This means: who hear the voice of God, they will survive; who don’t hear the voice of God, they will remain behind for other times.

Therefore who have climbed on the mountain, should stay there, not to get down; who has already got down, to pray to God to climb again. For that purpose don’t tear your connection with Karakachans, i.e. with Life – let them get down and climb, and bring all these which is necessary to support life in the mountain.

I wish you today to spend the day joyfully – to plough, to sow, to reap and to be awake! When God comes, man is awake and ready to perceive. Where is God, there is Life, and Light, and Freedom; where God is being absent, nothing happens, without God the Life is fruitless – in this situation everybody feels that something important it’s missing.

Now, we have been waiting a little for the Sun to rise – with the rising of the Sun, the power of the man increases. That is why it is said in the Scripture: “but they that wait for God shall renew their strength” (Isaiah 40:31) – it means: Love, Wisdom and Truth will come for those who wait God. This is said two thousand years ago, I say to you now: it is not enough only to wait God, but you must be perfectly ready – healthy, dressed, clean, so that when the door of the Kingdom of God opens, to enter at once. Everyone will enter on his own officially and free, nobody will wait somebody to push him or to carry him on stretcher. Be ready because the door will open soon; as the light enters everywhere by itself, freely, without being invited, this is how you should enter in the Kingdom of God – this is the law. When the door opens, enter and don’t ask: ”Is it time, am I accepted inside?” If the door is not open, you will prepare and wait till it opens; till you wait, you have to work, to acquire the necessary Freedom in your actions. Be as the Light if you want to enter without hindrance in the Kingdom of God – this is the first condition for entering in the Heavenly Kingdom.

10th of August, 1931, 5 p.m.

Source