1931_08_09 The saps of Love, Wisdom and Truth

Jackline Spasova-Bobeva

Note 1

The saps of Love, Wisdom and Truth

Now I shall read 10th chapter from the Gospel of the Joan.

“Truth, I am telling you truth, who doesn’t enter trough the door in the pen of the sheep, but creeps from other place, he is thief and robber (verse 1). And who enters through the door, he is a shepherd of the sheep (verse 2).” These verses were not understood and in its time, they are still not understood today. In general, each thing is understood by man as far as it has relation to him. For example the world is understood by us in so far as we have relation to it and it has relation to us.

Now I shall give you some important rules for the life. First rule: every thought which brings for the human soul the sap of Love, it comes from God and opposite – every thought which doesn’t bring for the human soul the sap of Love, it doesn’t come from God. Therefore every thing which doesn’t come from God brings in itself poison, death; thence – every man who doesn’t accept Divine thoughts is bound to come to death, where there is no progress.

Second rule: every thought which brings for the human soul the Light of Wisdom, it comes from God; every thought, which doesn’t bring the light of Wisdom, it is not from God – this thought brings darkness and death.

Third rule: every thought which brings for the human soul the Freedom of Truth, it comes from God; every thought which doesn’t bring this freedom, it is not from God – this thought brings slavery, restriction; where is slavery, there is death.

I say: if you know these rules, you will test your thoughts, feelings and actions where they come from and what they bring; after that you will check what are the thoughts, the feelings and the actions of the other people who you are in communion. If your thoughts, feelings and actions, as also these of people near to you, don’t answer to these three rules, you are in front of death – there why it is said on the Scripture: “Truth enlivens, lie deadens.” If somebody comes to talk you in the name of Love, check if his thoughts bring the sap of Love – if they bring, accept them; if they don’t bring, put them aside, don’t torment yourselves to make them sweet. Can you make sweet the butter, which had turned rancid – whatever you do with it, you may only disguise its bitter taste a little, but not to transform it to a sweet one. A man with delicate taste surely will percept the bitterness of this butter. If you buy such butter, you shold do nothing but throw it out. It does not matter how much it costs, don’t feel sorry for the money. Such butter is not for eating. If somebody loves you, but his feelings are bitter butter for you, do you have to accept his love? Put this love aside, because it will cause you some disorder. I ask, if you become ill from the bitter feelings of this love, what have you gained?

Some says: “I love somebody”. To love a man, whose thoughts and feelings bring the sap of Love, I understand, but to love a man, whose thoughts and feelings bring restriction, slavery, I don’t understand. Evil, hate, lie, crime can not be loved in any way. It is impossible for the man to love the negative phenomena – why? Because these are qualities, which bring death. Death can not be loved by anyone and in any conditions. No matter how different the people are, there are common standings for all of them without difference. As in mathematics there are common principles for all times and nations, likewize in the people views there are equal states for all times, nations and people. For example, man can’t calculate as he wants – there are established rules, operations, which he has to follow. Can you say that four plus five is fifty six? You may say that it is so, you may even write these numbers, but when it comes to apply this arithmetic in the trade, you will see from the consequences if this is right, or wrong.

Hence, both in life and in science there are number of rules and laws, which you can not and must not deviate from. For example, is it possible for a man to cut some of his blood vessels and to say that the blood will not run out? As hard as he may establish this, the blood will run out on equal grounds. Is it possible for man to cut his finger and not to feel pain? The pain shows that some law is broken in the man’s being. No one has the right to break in any way the laws on which his body is built; the body is composite from countless little live souls which watch the work of their master. If the master makes some mistake from which all the organism will suffer, they say: “Our master is not clever”! Not long after that the whole partnership of live cells gradually starts to fall apart.

“Who doesn’t enter through the door in the sheep pen of the sheep, he is thief and robber.” Every thought, which doesn’t bring in itself the Light of Wisdom, is a thief and robber. Every feeling, which doesn’t bring in itself the sap of Love, is a thief and robber. Every action, which doesn’t bring in itself the Freedom of Truth, is a thief and robber. In this respect the law is merciless.

Now some says: “I want to serve to God, in order to live well” – such philosophy doesn’t exist. Man has to know why he wants to serve to God! What is more, if he said once he wants to serve, he has to begin to realize his desire without delay. You say to a hungry man: “Wait few days, and I shall bring fresh hot bread for you to eat”. Till you get round to bring bread to this man, he may die. That is why, Bulgarians have a saying: “While the grass grows the horse starves!” If man says something, he has to do it – this is the Divine way. God says to the Sun to rise and it rises exactly in its definite time. All desires and promises which are not executed in the defined for them time, are thieves and robbers.

You say: “When we die, we will go to the other world and we will know the Truth”. This is delusion! If you want to find and to know the Truth, search it till you are on Earth. To think that after you go to the other world will find Truth, it is all the same as the prisoner fettered in chains to think that in this way he will find the freedom or that in the prison he can become a saint. If this is true, then all thieves and robbers are saints as well. Man can become saint only if he executes the Will of God. If he does not execute the Will of God, he is a thief and robber. Whereever he goes, the saint shines to all, as the lighthouse in the sea shines to all ships which come and go to the port. The thief, the robber shines only to his own ship – if other ships come, he immediately dies down his candle and they remain in darkness. And notice, when the thief goes to rob the case of some reach man, he lights candle only for himself; when he robs the case, he blows out the candle, takes the money and goes outside. Why does he go out the candle? Because he doesn’t do the Will of God. Who does the Will of God, he lights his candle to shine to everybody. A thought, which dies down the Light of man, is a thief and robber.

So if you want to walk in the way of Truth, you have to give place of the Spirit of God in you – the Spirit to lead you and direct you. Outside or inside of you, the Spirit watches, observes everything you do. If you are to judge somebody in His name, He looks on you and passes Judgement on your action. Many people think that nobody sees what they do. No, the Divine eye is awake! God watches everything and delivers Judgement trough the people. If you don’t take into consideration His words, one day this Father of yours will pull your ear and will say: “What do you do on Earth? Have I sent you for that? You came to learn, but you took the law into your own hands and do violence.” You say: “Does God have right to treat us like that”? If you think that God has no right to treat you like that, you must live according to God laws. If you don’t live according to His laws, you will lose His goodwill. There is nothing more awful for a man than to lose the Divine goodwill! This happens along with the loss of wealth, and power, and health, and friends, and his life in the end. If all leave him, the warms will not eat his flesh. Can you rely to a man who had lost everything? Such man will come to show you the place of God. It is the same as to enter in someone’s home and the host after lighting a candle to start to convince you that this candle is the Sun; afterwards you will say: “I saw something which glowed as a candle, but was it the Sun or no, I don’t know, how to understand the Truth?” I say: if the fruits ripen under this light, it is from the Sun; if the people warm theirselves on this light, it is the Sun; if the whole earth is lighten up by this light, it is the Sun. It means that the light you have seen to glow is really the Sun. If the fruits don’t ripen, if the people don’t warm and if the Earth is not lighten up by the light you have seen, it is a reflection of the sunlight, but it is not the Sun itself. Therefore, if man wants to be free, he has to know the Truth, to defer it from the lie. There is nothing more disgusting thing for the man to lie in the name of God, and afterwards to justify himself.  

Some says: “The world will come right by itself; there is nothing to worry about.” That is how one saint thought and soon he understood that is not the right way. Two saints lived together in a forest, where they worked spiritually. One of them, when making a mistake, used to say to his companion: “I made a mistake, but it couldn’t be without this. Even for a saint as I am, it is always possible to make a mistake, but it is nothing, the mistake will be mended by itself.” The other saint wasn’t agree with this way of thinking, so he decided one day to prove that the mistake can’t be corrected by itself unless man wishes and makes some effort. For that purpose he cooked beans, but deliberately didn’t put salt in it; they sat together to have a meal but the eating was not going well, there was no salt in the beans. The first saint said:

There is no salt; beans can’t be eaten without salt.

No problem, it is a mistake but it will be corrected by itself.

How is that, salt must be put in!

Nothing to worry about, we will wait, the salt will come.

Only now the first saint was convinceed that to correct a mistake man has to make efforts, to work consciously on himself to correct this mistake. If a man wants to cook bean soup, he has to pour water into the earthenware pot, afterwards to put the beans, the onions in the water and to put the pot on the fire. When the bean comes to the boil one should put salt and afterwards he could eat it. If he waits these things to come by them selves, he will starve. On the same grounds the people are on the wrong way when they expect God to put the world right. I say: the outside world is put right, but everybody has to put right his own world. Who cooks his beans by himself, he can put his world right, but who waits for the others so that they to cook beans for him, and he to eat without making any efforts, his world will remain not right.

It is the law: everyone will cook his beans himself. If you go to a saint, he will not give you from his beans – what will you do then? The saints have a rule: when they cook beans, for example, they will cook only so much as it is enogh for the number of people who will eat; if some of them wishes to treat you, he has to give you his share to you, and he to starve; if he doesn’t want to treat you, then he will eat, and you will watch. You will say: “What saint is this – I watch him and he eats, he couldn't care less about me.” If the saint gives his beans to you, he will say then: “This man is not good!” In this case the beans is taken as a symbol of Life.

Christ says: “I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance.” (John 10:10) Hence, man may sacrifice his life for somebody, but freely, and not by force. That is way, nobody has the right to force the saint to giving from his beans. If the saint wishes to give out of Love, this is something else. When the saint doesn’t want to give from his beans, he will take you to his garden and will say: “Please, take whichever fruit you want! In my garden there is unboiled beans, take as much as you wish.” The boiled beans represents processed thought which is to be given only to the worthy, because he can accept and apply it. The one who is not ready for this thought, will boil his beans himself, i.e. he will process this thought by himself. The beans are big egoists; Bulgarians love beans and that is why they eat it. Those who eat beans will learn the law of generosity. In order for the beans to give something from itself, you should put it through the number of sufferings – to bake it, to boil it, to squash it till it becomes softer, better. This holds true about the man – when man suffers, he becomes softer, better, he likens to boiled beans.

Some says: “I want to serve to God”; I ask, how you will serve God – through sufferings or voluntarily, out of Love.? Many children don’t listen their parents, but they take the stick and magnetize them; afterwards these children become obedient – what their parents bring them to do, they do it – they go to bring water, they go to the bakery, they sweep the house, they clean at home. However, it is better these children to listen to their parents with no magnetizing. Thus, it is better people to serve God out of Love, voluntarily, and not through sufferings.

And so, the sufferings are good thing, but they are not the only factor to put the world right. The sufferings are something similar to the severe speech, but the severe speech, severe words can’t put the world right. Only the Divine words are enpowered to put the world right. Each Divine word is ripen fruit which everyone by thtemselves can pick from the garden of God. Man should feed with Divine fruit. Some say: “I can feed with all kind of food”; I say: feed yourselves with what you want, but not with boiled beans – the beans represent the human promises and dreams, which require many efforts till to be reached. Can you boil beans on the Sun? You can’t. The bean had been ripening for a long time under the Sun, and still it didn’t understand the laws of the light. Why? Because you can’t eat it raw in no wise. While the beans is green and young, it could be eaten, but after it gets old, it can’t be eaten. It says: “Till I am young, you may taste me as I am naturally, but when I get old, you can’t. When I get old, you have to boil me long time so to be able to eat me.”

In the same way some people, till they are young and reach, they can give something anyway; when they get old, when they become destitute, they give nothing. When a man loses his knowledge, he is old beans; when man diverges from the right way of the Life, he is old beans. The heart of such man hardens, he becomes stubborn, wilful, everything around looks awry to him. He gets old and understands that the reason for his state is due to the fact he have fed with thoughts, which don’t bring the sap of Love, the Light of Wisdom and Freedom of Truth. Therefore, if he wants to get out from this state, he has to come back and to start to feed on thoughts, which bring the sap of Love, the Light of Wisdom and Freedom of Truth. Therein lies the salvation of the man. If the one has these things in himself, he will be loved and respected by all. We search the right Life and this life comes from God. We search the real knowledge, which comes from God. We search Freedom, which also comes from God. De we have to search Life, Light and Freedom where they are not?

I say: if you want to be strong and to reach everything what you want, hold in your mind the three rules – your thoughts, feelings and actions to go under the laws of Love, Wisdom and Truth. And then, if you come upon some contradiction, say: “It is better to indulge God than people.” Christ says: “just as the Father knows me and I know the Father (John 10:15). just as the Father knows me and I know the Father (John 10:17). I have the authority to lay it down, and I have the authority to take it back again. (John 10:18).” Therein lies the power of Christ. This way He showed the way to the whole humanity.

It is said in the Scripture: “Truth will make you free” – when? When your thought bears Freedom of Truth. Love will bring Life into you – when? When your thought bears the sap of Love. And at the end you will acquire the Knowledge – when? When your thought bears the Light of Wisdom. If you don’t live according to these rules, even after thousand years you will remain the same as are you now. Without these rules whatever you do, you will be alike to stove-pipe, through which water will come and go without leaving anything. You will say: “How much water had passed through me, how much money had passed through my hands!” I ask, has anything from all of these remained in you? Nothing has remained. One day the donkey boasted: “I carried over my back many icons of Christ”. Yes, but this donkey didn’t become a saint, yet again it remained a donkey.

One important thing for the man: to have fear and reverence for God. The contemporary people fear one of the other: the son fears of his father; when the son becomes stronger than his father, the father fears of his son then; the daughter shudders with her mother, but sometimes the mother shivers with her daughter. I say, till the people fear one of the other, they don’t go the right way. Christ says: “I am the door of the sheep. I am the good shepherd”. This means: Christ is the way Love, Wisdom and Truth come. Who walks on this way, he is one with God and God is one with him.

Now, who understand and apply the Word, they will come to life, will rise from the dead. Who do not understand, they will understand in future, with the Last Judgment. Someone will rise form the dead in conviction, and others – in Life. Those who hear the voice of Truth will rise from the dead. When Josef was in the prison, with him together were arrested the baker and the cup-bearer of the king. They had some dreams and asked Josef to interpret them. The baker dreamed that he carried on his head three white baskets, in the upper basket were all Pharaoh dishes, work of the baker. Then birds came and eat them from the basket. Josef said to him that after three days the king will sentence him to death by hanging and his body will be torn by the birds of heaven. The cup-bearer had dreamed a vine in front of him, there were three blooming sticks on the vine, and the grapes on them ripened; the glass of the pharaoh was in the hand of the cup-bearer and he gave it to the pharaoh. Josef said him that after three days he will be pardoned by the king, who will place him at the same service as he was earlier. In a way someone always will come to let you out from the prison, but it is important what your destiny is going to be – like this of the baker, or of the cup-bearer. I want, when you are let out from the prison to have the fate of the cup-bearer, but not the baker. Christ says: “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life” (John 14:6) – who has ears to listen and to understand, he will walk in the way of Christ.

The present day I call it a day for realizing of your Freedom. It is the first day in which you take new books and start to live in a new way. Whatever thoughts come into your mind they all to stream out of Love, Wisdom and Truth. If you live this way, you will compare to this English bureau which during ten years had only losses; when the bureau changed the way of its operations, for one year it had such big profit that it covered all the losses. After you liquidate with the old life, you will liquidate and with the crisis which hinders you. Why the contemporary banks go bankrupt, why they bear such big economical and financial crisis? It is because all their operations are put on internal lie and fraud. Lie and fraud are the old life which has to be quitted! After you quit the old life, New life will come with new systems and regulations, which rest upon the laws of Love, Wisdom and Truth.

And so, the main thought which has to remain in your mind, is the thought of the three rules. If you live according to them, you will hear the voice of God – God speaks only where Love, Wisdom and Truth are. When God speaks, everybody has to keep silent; if they don’t keep silent, there will be sufferings. If they keep silent, there will be Joy and Gaiety; who doesn’t keep silent, the sufferings come up on his back, like the kids come up on some horse and wants he or not he will carry them. The same is happening and with the pear tree: when a pear tree bears fruit, the people gather around it, pick up its fruits, break its branches and after that they say: “All right, next year we will come to pick your fruit again!” If you are like the pear tree which the people strip of a fruit, you will not earn anything. But then as I see, no man wants to suffer. In spite of this all people suffer because they want others to understand and to love them. Till they wait understanding and love from people, they will always suffer. Everyone has such experience and knows there is no Truth in this philosophy of Life.

Therefore if you want to be understood and loved, you have to love God first. You say: “How to guess where God is?” I ask, this morning, for example, had I to prove you that what you see is the Sun? When you see the rising Sun, don’t expect other sun. This is the Sun under which all the fruit ripen. This Sun is known by all, but when it comes to God, they say: “How do we know God?” After God rises in the soul of man, all clouds, illnesses, sufferings and contradictions disappear. Then, such a Peace and Joy are set in the man’s soul, which he had never imagined. So, all sufferings, contradictions in the human life are because of the fact he is faraway from God, far-off the Divine light. Who doesn’t warm oneself in this Light, he lives in damp dark house, and as a result he and his wife, and his children get ill over and over again. How they will not fall ill? Let the Divine Light enter this house, and you see what happens with the illness. Where the Divine Love and Light are, no bad thought pierces the human mind. Where the Divine Love and Light do not enter, there sufferings and contradictions will exist constantly.  

I say: because you want to rise from the dead, to find God, you must live according to the three rules. Otherwise, whichever church you go, they will say to you: “Come to us, here you will find God.” I ask, if somebody was born from mother rabbit, what happiness will bring him this mother – she will constantly say to him: “Son, your legs must be long, so when something utters a sound in the wood, you to run right off.” If somebody is born from mother pig, it will teach him to dig, to search wealth in the earth. If man passes through all animal forms, he always will acquire some knowledge, but he will not have Freedom. Which rabbit, which pig, which bird and which man are free? Which woman or which man are free? Which teacher, which king or which priest is free? No man is free, yet again he says: “Come to me, I shall tell you the Truth”. All people die, and yet they speak about freedom. For example, truly free general is the one past whose overcoat countless bullets and shrapnels pass, but no one hits him. He passes by calmly, sings some song; he is not disordered by anything. There are such generals in the world.

It is said in the Scripture that after Christ speaks to the Judeans, they wanted to catch Him and to kill Him with stones; Christ run away from their hands and went beyond Jordan, i.e. Christ blew the candle and they remained in dark. Finally they crucified Him, but on the third day Christ rose from the dead. The Christ strength was revealed in the resurrection. Who comes from God, even they put in a grave, in the end will go out once again, and will rise from the dead. The resurrection – this is the great aim, which every man endeavours to.

Now I wish to all of you, each thought of yours to bear to your soul the sap of Love, the Light of Wisdom and Freedom of Truth! This is the essence of the real Life.

9 August 1931, 5 p.m.

Source