1931_08_20 The Highest Place

Ani

Note 1

The Highest Place

I shall ask one question on which may be given many answers. The question is the following: what is the purpose of the school and what is the aim of the pupils who study in this school? If it is answered that the aim of the pupils is to study, it may be asked second question: what they will do after finish the school? They will work something. Why they will work? To arrange their works. What they will do when arrange their works? They will see life a little. Why they will see life? To be glad of what they have acquired. But if they don’t reach anything, if instead be glad of the acquired, they lose it?

In the base of these and whole number more thinking some says: “I want to become rich.” I ask what will happen if you become impoverished instead to become rich? – “Then I want to be health.” But if you get ill? – “I want to go to the God.” But if you can’t go there? Therefore when one man wants something, he has to work hardly in this direction. Who wants to go in the Heaven, he has to serve to the Uniform God. There is no harder thing for the man from to find the Uniform God and to serve Him; today between the contemporary people there are so many gods that till the man goes to the Uniform God, his head will become white – the heads of all people today are became white always from searching of the Uniform God. This doesn’t show that God doesn’t exist, but except Him there are so many gods who are covered up the way to the Uniform God. You say: “Which is the reason for that?” This namely is important – to find the reason. You live in one house, on which somebody had closed the shutters of the windows, and you wait the Sun to rise, to become brightly and for you; outside the Sun had been rose a long time ago, but in the house where you are, is gloomy, dark – you sit on dark, you long for light, but you don’t know what to do, in order the sun rays to enter through your windows. The human soul has many longings: ones of the longings are positive – others negative, ones are attainable – others unattainable. For example some man longs to become an Angel – but in this life he can’t become an Angel; other longs to become handsome – and this is impossible in this life. The ox which turns its tail upwards – downwards, he also may have longing to become handsome but this longing is unattainable – in this life he will remain an ox, with the beauty of the ox, and will die such; he can’t become handsome as a man.

I ask what contributes the longing to the man for one man to reach some longing, he has to have defined aim for this, to know why he longs and what will reach with the realizing of this longing; from other side he has to know the way and the laws on which one given longing reaches. On this reason is attainable only that thought which goes on its defined way of development; every thought which doesn’t go on defined way for its development, it is unattainable. The same thing may be said and for the feelings of the man; if one man knows this, he will not discourage that he haven’t reach anything but will wait to come the time and the conditions for reaching of his longings – knowledge, science is wanted.

I say: according to the world which the science applies in, it divides to physical, spiritual and Divine. These three kinds science differ one from other, they have different laws which act in them, but in spite of this they are closely connected each other. If one man doesn’t understand the physical science, he can’t understand and the spiritual; if he doesn’t understand the spiritual, he can’t understand and the Divine – there how the question stays when one man gets up from below to upwards, i.e. from the physical world to the Divine world. But if the man gets down from above to downwards, i.e. from the Divine world to the physical world, then the situation is exactly the opposite: if the man doesn’t understand the Divine science, he can’t understand and the spiritual, he can’t understand and the physical.

In the equal reason, when are asked questions, riddles and rebuses, man has to know how to answer – in them hide some symbol which has to be understood. I ask what the man wins when he decides some unknown question, one riddle or one rebus. He always will win something, will take if not everything, at least a part from this what hides in them; it is the same when you show to the man one box with some contents and say to him: “If you guess what there is in the box, you will receive something from it” – and this man strain himself, exert himself to guess what there is in the box because he will receive something. And really, it is interesting the man to guess the contents in the box; if there is one onions onion inside, he will sorry that he had strained himself so much his thought to hit, but if in the box there is one handsome diamond or some precious book which contains the secrets of the Nature, then it deserves the man to strain himself to guess what there is in the box. Who doesn’t understand the price of the things and it turns out that in the box there is one onions onion, he will say: “It doesn’t being worth to think so much”; if in the box there is a diamond or one good book, he will remain satisfied that he guessed. But this one who knows the price of all things, when he sees the onions in the box will remain equally satisfied, as and if he sees the diamond or the book because the onions will remind to him that one his friend suffers from malaria and will go to help him. How he will help him? He will bring the onions to his friend and will advice him to pound it a little and to put it on his feet – in this way his friend will get well from the malaria from which any doctor couldn’t cure. There why many questions in the world have to be decided, in order from one side the people to free from some their ailments, and from other side to acquire some virtues; every undecided question is in connection with the free of the man from one ailment and with the acquirement from it of one virtue.

Some says: “Why the man has to think?” The man has to think in order to remove the ailments from him, and simultaneously with this and to acquire virtues. The same thing, said on contemporary political language, means: the man has to think in order to improve the conditions of his life. The man has to think in order to get out from the prison, to restore his political rights; only this man can restore his political rights who already had became a citizen of the Divine Kingdom – if he is not a citizen of this kingdom, his leg can’t step there. Till the man is on the Earth, he can go and in England, and in Germany, and in France without be English, German or French citizen, but in the Heaven it is not like that – in the Heaven they accept only these people who are its citizens. You say: “Why I have to be just?”; I say: The Pravda is right of citizenship in the world of the just – if one man is not just, he can’t enter in this world. – “Why I have to love?” If you don’t love, you can’t enter in the world of the Love, where it is right of citizenship. – “Why I have to be clever?” If you are not clever, you can’t enter in the world of the Sensibility – where it is right of citizenship. Therefore if one man doesn’t love, he can’t enter in the world of the Love; if he doesn’t think, he can’t enter in the World of the thought; if he is not true-loved he can’t enter in the world of the Free.

The contemporary people have wrong notion for the Free; what they call free is nothing else but kasha from incoherently concepts. A free man is only the immortal; who dies, he is not free. Many want to convince and the other people, as and their selves, that one day God will free them; God always will free the people but it is important for them when He will free them – for you is important to be free today. Are you free? You are not free. You say: “We are free to talk and to think whatever we want.” No, you are being complacent, today almost there is no people who can think free; if could be found several men in the world who think free, this will be big blessing and for them, and for the other people – today the free people have to be searched with candle. You say for somebody: “This man is free thinking” – it is good one man to be free thinking but he has to make a choice in his thoughts and to give account to himself for every thought, except this every thought has to be right. For example right thought is that the man has to serve to the God; but many says that this thought is abstract because nobody hasn’t saw the God. Some people, in order to prove that God exists, reveal the fact that the world had been created from the God; these ones, who deny the existing of the God, says that the world had been created alone by itself and exists from times immemorial; these and number more questions create contradictions in the people.

The contradictions of the contemporary people compare to these, on which one Bulgarian had come upon when he sent his son to study in foreign countries. When he came back from foreign countries, the son wanted to show to his father that he knows man things, there why he said to him: “Father, I can prove you in mathematical way that two is equal to three.” The father answered: “Son, this is a contradiction for me, I can’t accept such deep work. After you contend this situation, prove it but I am not agreed with it. When it comes to you, you can live according to your mathematics.” One day the father, the mother and the son sat to have a lunch, put on the table two roasted hens, the father said: “Son, I shall take the one hen, the other – your mother, and since you prove that two is equal to three, you will take the third hen.”

I say: when somebody contends impossible things, I take for myself the possible and leave for him the impossible – after he contends the impossible, let it remain for him. No matter how big or little the third hen is, it remains for this one who proves that two is equal to three. Today the whole dispute between the people is for the third hen which doesn’t exist. Two can’t be equal to three in any way; from the two may come out three, but the three exists independently and without this. The one, the two, the three, the four, the five and the other numbers exist independently and in some cases they appear on the stage, but it can’t be said that the three originates from the two, and the two – from the one; it is the same as you see one watch which is closed in some covers, and to say that the watch originated from the covers. The Turks have such watches: you see some Turk that he takes out from his pocket a watch big as bone frog; he opens on cover, afterwards second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth and in it – one little watch; he looks the watch, say how time is it and afterwards in the same way close it in the covers. Can be said that the watch had originated from the covers? No, these six covers are cover of the watch.

Now, when I give these examples, I want to suggest you to the right thought through which to create right philosophy for the Life; right philosophy is this which brings Free for the man. Nobody can close the free man, nobody can restrict him, he is immortal – there is no better thing in the world from the Free. The contemporary people are not free, they influence ones from others; when it is about the spiritual life, they don’t believe in it, and when they say them ordinary things, they believe, succumb of influence to this one or that one. I ask how possible one man to influence from other is – he is not tied with rope to pull him. The contemporary scientists don’t believe in the God but believe in the influence, the suggestion, the hypnotism. When one man finds himself in front of a table, on which is put nice meal and he succumbs to this meal, who had influenced to him, does the meal influences to him? No, the meal hasn’t influenced to the man but the desire to eat, to satisfy his hunger is in position to influence to him; from other side, if the meal which the cook had cooked, correspond to the desire of the man to eat from it, it is also in position to influence to him and the he sits on the table and starts to eat. You go to some friend of yours for some work, but you hurry to go out because you have other work; but if your friend invites you to eat from a meal you like, it immediately influence to you, you give up from your work and remain to lunch from your favorite meal – so you started a work that haven’t foreseen earlier. Is there something bad in the eating? After the eating corresponds to your desire, you have finished one nice work – you have been gave something to your body; but if the eating doesn’t correspond to your desire and you succumb to the cook, eat from what he had cooked, in the beginning you may feel pleasure from the meal but afterwards you will remain dissatisfied – why? Because every meal which had entered in your stomach without your desire and love to it, upsets your stomach and together with this you lose and your frame of mind.

Now, when I raise the question for the eating, I suggest you to the thought that every new idea is nothing more but new eating put on the trapeze of the man. Therefore if one man wants to attain to one new idea, this desire is on its place because it represents new food for the mind. In a way that the new ideas are food for the human mind and for the human soul, they are excellent lunch which raises the man, and opposite – every old idea is without freshness, the old ideas don’t feed the soul. Some says: “If we have old or new ideas, this is indifferently for us, we leave ourselves to the order which God had put, as God had arranged the things.” I ask is there a man in the world who to say with positiveness how God had arranged the things and to lead from this order? If you ask the eyes how God had arranged the world, they will answer to you through the eyesight; if you ask the ears how God had arranged the world, they will answer you through the hearing; if you ask the mouth how you have to eat, it will answer you through the eating; if you ask the legs how God had arranged the things, they will answer you through walking; if you ask the arms how God had arranged the world, they will answer you through work; if you ask the stomach how God had created the world, it will answer you through the digestion; if you ask the heart and the lungs how the world had been created, they will answer you through the circulation of the blood; if you ask the mind how the world had been created, it will answer you through the thought – every organ of the human organism is an authority, a professor on its specialty. Every organ can answer the question haw God had created the world, but this answer is just outside, it is not authoritative in every relation. If the authority is inside in the man, has he to ask the other people how the world had been created or what thing is the Love, etc? Who can define what thing is the Love when it is in the man himself – the man himself is authority for the Love. He can make comparisons only between the results of one and other love, but for the Love itself he can’t pronounce.

I take the Love as a power which grows, develop and manifest in the man. It is similar to a fruit, for example to the fruit of the apple, there are results which are similar to it, as you start with the planting of the apple seed and finish with its becoming ripe. As the writer, the philosopher can be known by their productions, as and the Love recognizes through its fruits. The painter can be recognized through his pictures: if you observe his pictures you recognize what is he in physical, mental and spiritual relation; through the pictures of the painter can be recognized his temperament, his character as ant if he is materialist or idealist. This has to do not only with the painter but and with every ordinary man; if you enter in the room of some man, you will recognize what thoughts occupy him from the order in his room, from the clothes he dresses with. Between all outside and inside things in the man there is full correlation – every outside manifest in the man has its inside cause. Some man wear clothes with such a color that from very far takes the attention of the people and to justify himself he says: “My friends let me to sew such clothes; if it depended from me, I would never wear such a color.” No, he just justify himself, in fact he likes this color but hasn’t the boldness to make such clothes alone; the most weak opinion from his friends to sew such clothes is being accepted immediately from him.

Now I want to suggest you to the thought that every idea, every feeling, every action remain some imprint in the man – this imprint is nothing else but a result, a fruit. For example you see that some man is handsome, has handsome features on his face as handsome fruits and you say: “And I want to be handsome”; but the beauty is a fruit for the producing or for growing to maturity of it the man had worked with years, with centuries – the Beauty is Divine idea. You want to be strong but you had to be worked with years and centuries in order to acquire this power – the Power is Divine idea. The handsome, the strong man is loved from everybody; when you meet one handsome man, you are being pleased, bring him in your mind and say: “Today I saw one handsome man, I will never forget his face”; you meet one strong or good man, you can’t forget and him – the Goodness is Divine idea. The handsome, the strong, the good man is Divine man – everybody enjoy to him, everybody wants to see him.

I ask what the ideal man should be. According to the understandings of the contemporary people the ideal man have to be handsome, strong, good, etc. I say: ideal man is this one who expels from himself every violence, every lie and every evil – in this way one man can be handsome, strong and good, and only this man may serve to the God. You want to serve to the God but for this is wanted to be handsome, strong and good – this is the desire of the God. He wants all His children to be handsome, to compare to Him. When God meets some of His children unclean, soiled, He says to him: “You have to be clean, you have to be handsome, you have to be good!” – when He speaks to it on this way, in he originates a desire to clean himself, to become handsome and good, to compare to his father from who he had went out. If somebody starts to complain from the God for his unhappiness, He says to him: “If you want to become happy, you have to work upon the Beauty – this Beauty will throw imprint not only on your face, but and on your whole body, outside and inside.” There is no more desire thing for the man than the Beauty – it gives to the body plasticity, music; when the handsome man walks, his movements are musical. Imagine one world with handsome, with good people; if some Angel from the Heaven comes between such people, he will be pleased, will remain satisfied from this music and will wish to come down in the Earth for second time. But today it is not like that, the contemporary people still haven’t reached this Beauty and there why the Angels don’t stay between them for long. At the Beauty and the most bad man steps back, at the Beauty and the wild beast kneels – the Beauty is Divine power at which everybody steps back.

In one Bulgarian legend yet from Turk time is speaking for the power of the Beauty, for its influence upon the man. One Turkish bay treated very cruelly with the Bulgarians who he called giaours, made big mischief to them, put them under big trials. One day he walked through the streets, mounted a horse, and met the handsome Bulgarian woman Mara. At the sight of her beauty he immediately got down from the horse and said to her: “I bow at your beauty, what you order to me, I shall do.” She said to him: “I want from you one thing – to change your relations to my brothers and sisters Bulgarians. Now you go, I shall meet you second time, I shall see what you have done.” He bowed, mounted to his horse and went on his way. From this moment he changed radically – he stopped to torture the giaours, stopped to mischief to them and always brought a bag with bread in order when he meets giaours on his way to give. All wondered to the change which happened with the bay, many people thought that he had became a Christian.

I ask who let this bay to get down from his horse, to bow at this Bulgarian woman and to step back from the evil. The Beauty. Great, powerful power is the Beauty as the outside expression of the Love! If one man meets the Love in his life, he had been met the handsome virgin who hides in herself power, might; from this moment the man opens his house for everyone and then he says: “I have met the God and I have understood the sense of the Life.” Really, there is no greatest thing for the man from this to meet the Love, to meet the God – only the Love is in power to produce in the man inside coup, to change his life, to give new direction of his soul, to make him a real man.

I say: strong influences exercised this handsome Bulgarian woman upon the bay, in her face he had saw the God. If all Bulgarians had the power of the handsome Mara, they would be in position to change whole Bulgaria. You say: “Who knows if this was like that, this is a legend.” No, all things that I tell you, are real cases. When the people want to keep some truth from distortion, they give in form of tail, of novel, of legend, etc., but there is no novel, there is no tail, there are no tales, myths or legends in which to describe incorrect facts – all that the poet, the novelists and the writers had wrote, is truth. It happened ever or will happen in future – one man can’t write something or to tell something which is not happened or will not happen. Some says: “It was, but thousand years ago.” After something happened thousand of years ago, it may happen and now. Every girl may have the power of Mara but not all have it; if the girl has got no the power of the handsome Mara, and ten bays may pass near her but they will not get down from their horses and to bow to her – they will pass away near her without notice her. If today one man looks some girl or a woman, they immediately ask their selves: “Why this man looks?”; the question is not that the man has looked some woman, but it is important can this girl to provoke inside coup in this man, can he say after that in the face of this woman he has saw the God? The Turks says: “It is blessing for the man to watch the handsome!” And so, it is not bad one man to look but he has to know how to look; there are two ways for watching: the man may watch and to see the ailments of the people, and may watch and to see the good in them; or the man may see in the people what God had made, and may see this what they had distorted in their selves. Therefore, when you meet somebody, you have to see only that which God had put into – this means one man to watch and to see, this is the sense of the view. If you had gathered here to see in me what God had put into, you will have the Divine blessing; if I watch to you with aim to see what God had put into, I shall have the Divine blessing. In a way that till you don’t find the Divine in the man, don’t hurry to make a connection with him – the connection, the friendship with the people has to rest on the Divine in them. If you don’t find the Divine in the man, any relations, any friendship can’t exist; out of the Divine all kinds of relations, all kind of friendship is not strong. The Divine you will find in the real handsome, the good and the sensible man – there why namely every one searches the Beauty, the Goodness, the Sensibility. The Beauty is a longing of the human soul; if in yourself or in the other people you will find the Beauty, this is indifferently – the man searches it everywhere. Time will come when all people will be handsome; if you enter in the world of the perfect Creatures, you will see that they all are handsome – outside they compare but inside they differ. If you fall into this world of Beauty – between Angels and Elevated creatures, you will indulge in reverie, will forget yourselves, will think only for them. And really, who had saw the beautiful, the great only once, he had never forgot it; when the man meets the Beauty, he constantly thinks for it and wonder from where it came, how it was acquired. It is not important from where the Beauty had come, it is important what it can make from the man.

I say: you have to define your relations to the God - to be correct, natural. You say for somebody: “This man is still green” – I ask what the greenery means? Growing, a process of development. When I look the frog I see and in it the effort of the Divine Spirit to raise it; in it with great difficulty notice some features of higher life, but it will pass number forms of development till one day it reaches and the most perfect form – in all creatures there are embryos of higher forms. The same may be said and for the man – the man is not the last form of the life. Who knows the laws well, in the face of every man will see embryos from features of ordinary, talented and genius people as and such of saints and Angels who will develop sometimes; who doesn’t understand the laws of the development, when he looks some man will say: “This one purses the mouth, that one stays with open mouth” – what the compressed mouth means and what – the open, and he doesn’t know. When one man compresses, close his mouth, he controls his feelings – with this he wants to say: “You can push me everywhere, just don’t push my heart.” When one man opens his mouth, this shows that he wants to accept something – the mouth is antenna of the Sensual world. There why one man ha to know these things and not to succumb to the fashion; many people lead from some rules of the fashion how to stand their mouths. The mouth is antenna which doesn’t have to succumb to a fashion; the lips have to touch softly, nothing artificially has to be brought in the standing of the mouth. What I say for the mouth related and to the eyes: the angle of the eyesight has to be natural and not on the rules of the fashion. Keep your eyes so open that to perceive only the need light – not more, not less; if you look on some outside rules, you will bend you eyes; if you bend your eyes, you will distort and your soul. Therefore don’t look the people neither under angle, neither from right or left, neither on cross – if you look on cross, you will crucify by yourself; look the man under such angle that to see his beauty – look him and say to yourself: “Great is the God who had created this man; He had started to sculpture him, to work upon him, he had put into good things which will develop one day” – that is the way you have to look to the people. Some man looks his brother and says: “This man doesn’t cost, there is no good features.” I say: don’t hurry so much, you see one uncompleted picture and already pronounce; God had started this picture and one day will finish it, after you see it complete, only then you have right to pronounce – now just the shadows are threw about but when you see this picture completed, then you will understand what was put into it. It is art one man to see in the faces of his brothers or sisters that which God yet initially had put into them and which will develop in future; till doesn’t acquire this art the man can’t value and himself. There why namely don’t say that you don’t cost anything – know that you all are uncompleted pictures. When somebody gets angry or flare up too much, I say: “Your fire is blazing, take out little trees from it to decrease its power” – when you decrease the fire and the effervescence of the water will abate.

And so, if one man wants to manage with the hard condition of the Life, he has to create a special philosophy, to know how to look to the things. If you find yourself in unfavourable conditions of the Life, search and there the hand of the God – everywhere search and see the God! When you make some mistake, it is not only yours, simultaneously with your responsibility stays and the responsibility of the previous generations – it is being imminent for you to correct as your mistakes, as and these of the past generations, of your ancestors. Sometimes the mistakes become reason one man to become famous: you will see some little child to play on soldiers, on wars whole day; it walks with rifle through the yard, march; one day this little child becomes a general, goes on war, kills hundred of people and comes back victoriously, awarded with a military cross. And really, this man became famous – with what he became famous? With murders. In other existence this general realized his mistake, understood what crimes he did and start to live clean life, becomes a saint – earlier he walked with sword girded on the waist, and now took a stick in the hand and went through the villages, through the cities to preach and to correct his mistake; he says: “Brothers, I am this one who once with sword in the hand did cut the heads of the people, but after big sufferings, after big chasings and pursuits from their side, I realized my mistake and today I decided to help to the people, to serve to the God and on this way to correct my mistake.”

You say: “Till when the saint will preach to the people?” Till he finds all these who he made evil or some mischief to, and corrects his mistakes – after he expiates his sins, after he corrects his mistakes, he becomes handsome. Which is better for the man – to take down heads or to put heads, to destroy the lofty feelings of the people or to encourage them? It is not enough for the man just to think which is better but he has to do all which is good and beautiful – the beautiful, the elevated has to be the daily bread for the man! Today every man has to take his stick in arm and to go to preach till he restores the initial order of the things, i.e. till he restores all that he once destroyed. Who wants to serve with the sword and today, he is free, nothing is going to be said to him – after he wants to go to the battle field, let him go; one day, when he realize his mistake, and ask what to do, then I shall tell him: “Now take your stick and go to preach, to learn the people how to live.”

In a way that in one life the man has to be a general with sword in hand – he will cut and slaughter, in other life he will be a saint with a stick in the hand – he will go to teach the people how to live according to the God. And the one is on its place, and the other is on its place: till one man doesn’t be a general and doesn’t receive military cross, he can’t be a saint – as a general he created a work for a saint. Can the saint to correct his mistakes which he made as a general, he has already the Divine blessing, the whole Heaven will speak for this man that he is really a hero, because he knows to make mistakes but knows and to correct his mistakes. If one man knows only to make mistakes, and can’t correct his mistakes, the Heaven doesn’t care for him and says: “This is one forgot man from everybody, since he can’t correct his mistakes” – everybody will take pity of him without help him. Why? Everybody alone has to correct his mistakes.

And Christ said: “When one sinner decides to start to live clean life, big joy sets in between the angels in the Heaven.” When the saint takes his stick and goes in the world to preach, the whole Heaven joys that he decided to correct his mistakes and to forget his past – the past is a shadow of the Life. As the man had became a reason for bringing of the sin in the world, as he has to work for its removing. This doesn’t mean that every man has to occupy with the great idea to save the world – it is enough every man to correct one his mistake to be called great. Who is able to correct one his mistake, he passes for great man in the Heaven; if he can’t correct one his mistake, he is an ordinary man and as such is convicted to sufferings. Who people suffer? Only the ordinary people suffer, the great people don’t suffer. What bigger suffering for the man from to pass between the people and nobody to pay him attention – everybody passes away near him but doesn’t see him, he has got no even a friend, neither one close man, neither one close animal. One man understands from what meaning is the attention even of the animal when he leaves alone, without close men, without friends; then one little dog, for example, may come to him, to lick his hand and to turn its tail around him – with this it wants to say: “You are good man, tell me something.” In a way that if somebody comes to you, tell him something good; if you reject the man, who you may say something good, they will reject and you – it is said in the Writing: “With what measure you measure, with such it will be measured to you.” The contemporary religious people say: “We all had gone out from the God, we all are children of the God”, but if some their brother comes between them, they don’t act with him in a way how God demands. Act with the people as you want to be acted to you – as you act with the people, such they will act to you.

For clarification of this idea, I shall give the following example: one villager from the villages around Gorna Oryahovitza went in the city of Gorna Oryahovitza to buy a ticket and to wait one of the trains with which he had to go to one near station. But when he went to the booking office where the tickets were sold, saw that he is only thirty stotinka short for the ticket; he looked around and saw one solid mister, lawyer in Gorna Oryahovitza, and wanted form him thirty stotinka. The lawyer refused to give him under the pretext of he had not money in himself. Then the villager took his stick in hand, put the bag on shoulder and set out for the village where he wanted to go by walking. After several years this lawyer was in England and one day he had to go with the train to one near station; he went to the station to buy a ticket but what was his wonder when he saw that he was only thirty pennies short for the ticket. He turned here-there to want thirty pennies but didn’t decide and was being forced to go by walking. When he fell in this situation, he immediately remembered for the villager from the station of Gorna Oryahovitza who he didn’t want to serve with thirty stotinka; then he said to himself: “What you do, it will come back to you.”

This is the real philosophy of the Life and there why I say: if you want to have the Divine blessing, do what God demands from you – this is the way on which you can reach your happiness. If you act the Will of the God, you will sow your way with precious stones – then the people will come to help you. Only by this way you will be happy and whatever work you start, you will finish it with success – this is one inside key of the Life. In a way that if some man wants something from you, stop, think how to act, and then operate.

Before years I was in USA where I had one special experience; I walk in one street, meet one mister, dressed poor, he stops me and start to tell his story: “I am family man, have children and woman who is ill from long time; I have got no post, I have got no any resources, I am in big misery, if you wish, help me.” I looked him, sympathized with him and gave him one help, which to serve with. If he speaks the truth, or no, I didn’t check this – I accepted the fact as he told it to me. He took the money which I gave to him, and went in one tavern to drink; after four hours I meet him again but he didn’t know me and became to tell the same story again. Then I said to him: “Listen, this what you do is not good, I can to help you and now but you serve with the lie which will not bring you out on right way – with this lie and your life will be always ill, and your children will go hunger. Come with me to go to some eating-house.” I took him to one eating-house, order eating to him to have his meal, buy bread for his wife and say: “When you have your meal well, take this bread for your wife and children, give to them to have their meal; but look not to sell it somewhere and don’t exaggerate your sufferings.”

The contemporary people suffer form exaggeration of the things – they exaggerate their difficulties, their unhappiness, they want to pass for martyrs. Some says: “I am an unhappy man, there is no man with bigger sufferings than mine” – don’t exaggerate your unhappiness, you play role of some of the wretches in the world, but you are not biggest wretch. – “I haven’t seen white day!” No, you have saw thousands white days. – “Nobody loves me.” And this is not truth, your mother cradled you so much in the cradle, sang songs to you, gave you kisses, how many people other people have kissed you; and today there are people who love you – if nobody loved you, you couldn’t be able to live on the Earth. And we gathered here because God loves us; the Sun rises because God loves us; the starts rise because God loves us. For that one, who understands the things, this is correct; for that one, who doesn’t understand, this is not correct, he doesn’t believe in my words. Who doesn’t believe, he has to make attempts till he connect with the Elevated creatures; when one man connects with these Creatures, the Invisible world will reveal in front of him and he will check all which otherwise he can’t check. The Invisible world is in front of you, but is wanted organs through which to enter in connection with it. For example, in order to be realized one idea on the Earth, first of all the man has to have organs which to perceive it; after that it has to find favourable soil, in which to plant; in the end it is need to be found a man who to look it to develop, to give fruits – only then we may say that this idea is realized. Can one man see if he hasn’t eyes; can one man to hear if he hasn’t ears; can one man draws one line if he hasn’t arms? So, organs are wanted in order the Invisible world to manifest in one or other relation.

Therefore the man has to become organ of the Divine body, but not a slave of the outside conditions; the man has to be a citizen of the Divine Kingdom, bearer of the Divine ideas. It is not enough just to talk for the God, for Divine things, but we have to give something from ourselves, to make something essentially. For example somebody says for his friend that he is good, sensible, handsome man but does nothing for him; other doesn’t speaks nothing for the qualities of his friend, but if his friend find himself in need, he immediately comes to the assistance.

If one man just talks without execute, he will compare to this rich American, who just in words spoke for the God but did nothing for Him. One day he felt ill seriously and called their pastor to pray for his getting well. The pastor answered him:

- How to pray from you when you haven’t made one good?

- If you don’t pray for me, I shall leave for that world.

- This is nothing, you can leave but I can’t pray for man who through whole his life had abused the church and had made nothing for the God.

- Then what to do?

- Give away your treasure to the poor and promise that you will serve to the God!

- You first pray to the God and after that and I will execute my promise.

- No, till you don’t make a contract, till you don’t sign that will execute your promise I shall not pray to the God, I don’t believe only to words., And so, if you want your prayer to be accepted from the God, first of all you have to put your sacrifice in front of His legs – if you are not ready to sacrifice all for the Divine Spirit who constantly leads you, you can’t do anything. In a way, what the man does for the God, it has to be made with free of his Spirit – God doesn’t demand anything by force. He doesn’t want from you big works, for example to save the world; the salvation of the world is a Divine work, and to you is being imminent work which only you can finish – this specific work defines your future. To every man is given specific work which he has to do alone – what is this work? To be a bearer of the Divine. No matter in which moment he starts to occupy with this work, all contradictions from the mind and his heart will disappear. God will remove the contradictions from the life everyone who voluntarily has accepted to serve Him. The good, the great can cure – the little can’t cure; in much water one man can opera his shirt to perfection – in little water he can’t opera it as it has to; the human soul can clean itself only in the Divine Love. From the long way of its development in the mind, in the heart and in the soul of the man gathered much mud which only the Love is in power to clean; when looks to this mud, he wonders what to do to free from it – the only saving for him is to get in the water of the Divine spring and to clean there. If he gets in once in this water, he has to keep all the rules of the washing, of the cleaning; the different nations have different methods for washing: somewhere, especially in foreign countries, wash with washerwoman’s, with machines or various chemical preparations; the Bulgarians wash, rub the clothes more with arms; no matter in which way the people wash the clothes, they soon tear – the clothes have to be washed easy, carefully to wear well at least ten years. The desire of the people to wash their clothes, to be clean is good, but their methods are not good; some says to his companion: “I shall opera you in a way that you will flash.” – “Wash me but look not to scrub me or to tear me” – in their desire to correct their selves, the contemporary people rub sore one other, tear their clothes.

I ask how the people have to correct their selves. Imagine that you want to correct one your brother, how you going to act? If I am a painter but want to correct one my brother, also a painter, with high opinion for himself, here what I should do – I shall paint one picture with much mistakes: the nose – bent, the eyebrow – irregular, the mouth – put awry, etc. Then I shall turn to my brother, the painter, and will tell him: “Brother, please, come to help me to correct the picture which I have painted – I see there are many defects in it, help me to correct them.” I take the brush and he takes his and we two start to correct: he decided to correct the nose, he can’t – I take the brush, try little, he corrects the nose; he decided to correct the mouth, to put it on its place, he can’t again – I try, I put it where it has to. We work together but I don’t tell him anything; after he comes upon to something which he can’t correct, he sees his weak places alone and correct himself without to say him a word; if I make him notes, he will take offence since he is extremely ambitious man. So, if you want to correct some man, don’t indicate his mistakes at once, but start to work together with him – when you leave him to manifest, he will see where he makes mistakes and will correct himself alone.

I say: when the Spirit comes to the man, He doesn’t change him at once but gradually. There why namely, when the sinful becomes just, he will leave the same on character as he was like a sinner, but he will make efforts to forbear; for example, if as a sinner he was nervous – he will be such and as just, but will forbear; if as a sinner he liked to fib occasionally, to slander to the people’s address – he will be the same and as a just but will forbear in his manifestations. So the sinner feels free in making of evils and the just man consciously forbears from it; the sin man is free in the evil and the just man is free in the Good – this is the difference between the sin man and just man. It demands forbearing from the contemporary people; it is not enough one man to say for him that is bad, but he has to forbear from evil thoughts, desires and actions. You will forbear, like and God forbears – with thousand of years He stays, waits, forbears His anger against the people, till they turn to Him and wish to teach them how to live. God teaches them, advice them but they don’t listen to Him; He bears all this and says: “It will come a day when these people will correct.” How will they correct? They will get down to the Earth, will get up to the Heaven, till one day they conclusively decide to start to live for the God and apply His teaching. This may happen and after eight thousand years, and may becomes and now – it depends from the man; if earlier, or later this thing will happen depends from the effort which the man makes, as and from the results of this effort. You say: “Who will wait whole eight thousand years?” Really, eight thousand years is long period, but and the length is relative size. When it comes to the evil, man wants the time to shorten soon; if it comes to the Good, he wants the time to continue; but if it comes to the suffering, don’t wish the time to shorten – why? Because to every suffering answers Joy, therefore how long the suffering continued, the same time will continue and the Joy – after the suffering continues longer time, and the joy will continue the same time, the law is such.

Now, these things are secondary, the essential for all people is to be bearers of the Divine – only then they can be strong, sensible and good. If one man be strong, sensible and good, he will be in position to reach the longings of his soul. After he has these conditions in himself, he will not pray to this, to that to help him, but the people will come to the assistance to him alone. You all are bearers of the Divine and for the rest work don’t think – don’t think how to give your Love to the people or how to make them Good. From you demand to act Good, to love the people and nothing more. It is not easy one man to show his Love to the people, it is not easy for him to make one Good without carry in seduction in somebody – don’t carry for all these. Have in mind that every day you have to execute the Will of the God, without to put off.

And so, let remain in your mind the idea that till you are an organ of the Divine body, you are on your place. Your hand had been created for your body; in this case it first has to execute its purpose to its body and afterwards and to the other people. Your mind, heart and will are created first for serving of your Spirit, of your soul, of the God; if you serve first to the God, you will be able to serve and to the other people. Who serves well to himself, he will serve well and to the God; after he serves well to the God, he will serve well and to his close men – this is one of the greatest laws of the Being. If you don’t go in this way, you will have number of disappointments, till one day you will leave for that world and will say: “I haven’t understood anything from the Life, I couldn’t do anything.”

The contemporary religious people say: “We have to love each other, to live brotherly”; the people to love each other, to live brotherly – this is a result of serving of the God. If the hand of the man serves to his body, it will serve and to the other people; if the mind and the heart of the man serve to himself, they will serve and to the God, and from there and to the people. If they don’t subordinate to the man himself, they will not subordinate and to the God; if the mind and the heart of the man are not in agreement with the Divine thoughts and feelings, he will find in big contradiction with himself – the contradictions in the man owe to the bad thoughts and feelings which he feeds in himself. How he can free from these contradictions?

One acquaintance has told me the following his experience – he met one his friend who told him:

- I shall kill myself, I don’t want to live anymore, I don’t find a sense in the life.

He hit two strong slaps in the face of him.

- Why you fight me?

- Because you want to kill yourself.

Then his friend said to him:

- From this moment I shall not think for self-killing anymore. With the two slaps you have gave me one good lesson which recovered myself – I pulled myself together, I understood that there is what to live for. I say: In the same way and the contemporary people go to the God and say that they want to kill their selves. God will hit to them two slaps and they will pull their selves together – the two slaps are nothing else but the destiny or, according to the Hindus, the karma. God has many hands through which he hits slaps to the people to sober. God doesn’t excuse the mistakes of the people – every mistake brings its consequences; on the equal reason God rewards the man and for the more little Good which he makes. He sees the microscopically Good and rewards it, but and the microscopically evil He doesn’t forget, but the difference from the consequences in making of evil and of Good is the following: every evil brings its consequences for four generations, and every Good brings its reward for thousand generations. Therefore with the evil liquidate in four generations, and the Good rewards in thousand generations. In a way that if you make Good, and if you make evil, know that God stalks you, He can catch you and through the more little hole – when he catches you once, you will bring the consequences. Neither the evil, neither the Good conceals – in this the beauty of the Life stays. There is one eye in the world which sees everything and from which nobody can hide; nobody can save from the eye of the Life which puts everything in equilibrium – this is one great truth in the Life. If the people knew that there is a control over them, from which they can’t save, they should correct their selves easily; they don’t believe that the Divine eye follows everything.

Now, the whole Invisible world follow and say to the people to be good, sensible and just – if they stand to these conditions, they will receive one reward. You say: “Is that true?” You may not believe in many things but when it comes to the Divine words, there every doubt has to be impossible. The only creature in the world who constantly keeps us in his mind and think our Good, this is God – in the God there is no contradictions. Nobody can imagine that thing what God had prepared for these ones who love him; if we come to the God, from all is wanted irresistible Love to Him – all temptation have to vanish in this Love, everyone has to say to himself: “There is One who thinks for me and help me.” All direct their eyes to that One – there is no something more beautiful for the man than to direct his mind and heart upwards to the God!

Several days ago, one sister came to me and asked me: “Tell me what to do, I am pretty embarrassed.” I say: “Don’t worry, everything will arrange – the works will set right.” With this I wan to tell her: “If you are good, sensible and strong, your work will set right.” The Goodness is an expression of the Love – who has Love in himself, his works will set right; one man always has to have something in himself from which to give and to the others.

One mister meets me and asks me:

- What is your credo?

I take out immediately from my pocket one nice pear, hand it to him and say:

- Have some, taste this pear!

He takes the pear and starts to eat. I ask him:

- Do you like this pear?

- It is very delicious and aromatic.

I say: it is important for now to taste the goods which the Nature had given to us. Through this pear was create a connection between us and we started to speak. After this he asked me again:

- What can you tell me about the God?

I keep silent, answer nothing to him, but after a minute asked him:

- Would you like to give you such pear and tomorrow?

- I would eat one more with pleasure.

- As you see, the Nature is good cook – it had cooked such things, which and the most experienced cook can’t cook. After it is like this, we will meet tomorrow again near to this cook and will eat from this which he had made for the day. When we at, we will talk for questions which interest us.

And so, the works of the people may be arranged completely, and may be arranged just partly; after the works of the people arrange, they will be and good, and sensible, and powerful. How their works may be arranged? When they pray one for other, when they help their selves and when they wish the good – if the people live by this way, they will be in power to improve the world. What we see today? Some says: “I have prayed for so and so but he hadn’t acquired anything from my pray” – why he couldn’t acquire something? There are reasons for this. For example, some ill man comes to me, I talk with him and say: “You will get well”; he goes in his home and after few years I meet him again, he hadn’t cured. Other ill man comes to me, I turn my back to him, say nothing; he comes back in his home, scares from his state, start to pray to the God and soon gets well. You say: why the first ill man who you said to that he will get well, didn’t get well, and the second who did give a back, got well? I say: when the first ill man came to me, I finished my work – prayed for him, gave him a way for treatment but he didn’t finish his work, didn’t treat himself, he said: “This is not the way how the works gets right”; the second ill man scared from the situation which he has found, started to pray to the God, and in this way he corrected his mistakes. The first ill man didn’t lie and get up on time, didn’t eat on time, did fight his wife and children, did speak badly for the people. Till one man don’t correct his life, he can’t improve and his health. Ina way that when I turn my back to someone, with this I want to say that this work is not mine, it is Divine work; then God says: “After this work is not yours, I shall occupy to correct it.” When the God say that the works of the man will be corrected, this man has to occupy to complete at least a part from his work; God assists to the people but and they have to work together with him, to take part in His work – if one man takes part in the Divine work, he connects with the God, becomes His associate. We have to be sincere in every relation, to know that the goods which He gives to us are common for everybody.

Now, I want to consider this year as a new year, to be with new names. If you remain with your old names, it doesn’t cost; if you remain with your old clothes, with the old love, with the old knowledge, this doesn’t cost too. You have to bring in yourself the new, the clean Love of the child, the knowledge of the one hundred and twenty years old grandfather and the beauty of the young girl, who with her light lights up the whole world – only by this way you will be able to feel yourself inside powerful, and when number of difficulties and sufferings come over you, when you come upon to your bad past, to say: “Our past died, today we are so strong that we can manage with all difficulties and sufferings.” God easy erases the past of the man if he becomes a worker of His field. I wish to all through the next year to complete part of your defined work! Don’t start to occupy with unattainable things; if you complete the attainable works, in future are being imminent greater activities to you. If you don’t complete the little works, how you will complete the bigger?

I say: you have mutually to love and respect – not outside but inside: plus, you mutually have to love, without to demand this love – if it remains to you to demand the love of the people, this is violence. The Love is a great law which goes in its defined way. The Love is not given with violence, neither as part of someone’s duty – nobody can’t love you because you want this; everyone can love you, without you to want it, even without to know it. The desire itself of the man to be by all means loved destroys the connections of the love. Somebody wants to be loved from other and he doubts in him – the doubt is the first condition for interrupting the connections of the love, the Love never changes. It is said: “God is love” – after God is love, have you doubt in His Love? There why by relation of the Divine Love, you have to hold positive thoughts, not to doubt in it. When it comes for the love between the people, this is other thing: you may not to love somebody – there are reasons for this; you don’t love somebody because this man is ill and can’t go to your field to work. Everyone loves the health man – he has lofty heart and may serve to you in all you wish.

And so, if you want to be free and health, you have to set to work your body, heart and mind on work. If you remain without a work, you will wonder what to do – will purse your mouth, will close your eyes, will make various grimaces. You movements have to be natural; by the unnatural movements of the mouth, of the eyes, of the arms, one man loses his free and in this way he succumb to some contradictions. If you want to free from your inside contradictions, you have to let up your muscles perfectly, to relax all the connections of your body, to come to state as you have been arranged all and after that to bury to deep thinking – only in this way you will feel full rest. In this state you don’t have to interest what the people will say for you.

One acquaintance have been told me for similar way when he had succumbed to such full contemplation: one day he decided to rest well, there why he sat comfortably to one chair, perfectly relaxed his muscles and spent in deep thinking whole twenty minutes. In this time his mother came in the room and when saw him in this position scared a lot – she started to push him from one, from other side and always asked him: “Son, what happened, are you ill or something?” He felt his pulse but when she saw that he is calm, went out in other room, left him alone. Many people act in the same way: when they see that some man changed, they touch him, push – if he became to feel bad, if he lost consciousness, etc. No, this man is thinking, he experiences something, don’t worry him. In a way that if they say that some girl or some young man is ill, I say: “They had walked somewhere on profit, now they had come at home, rest, they buried of contemplation.” After they say that they are health, I understand that they go on profit again, go out from their home. These are pictures which illustrate the state of the people.

I say: every day use several minutes for contemplation, for rest of the body – direct your mind to all Sensible creatures to who all works are absolutely arranged. Free from all cares and anxieties and say: “We thanks to the God for everything which he made, we thanks that he sent us in the world!” When you contemplate, be so free that nobody to afraid from you – take the position of a saint, and who see you to stay with reverence to you. You may sit to chair, may lie in bed, but whatever position you took, nobody has to afraid from you. Make this exercise three times a day – morning, at lunch and evening, most for ten minutes; think over the Divine to free from all littleness. If your exercise was good and you will be satisfied from yourself. One man has to become deeply absorbed in himself in order to raise himself over the ordinary conditions of the life. I say: how you will reach this? Put the shirt in the water and don’t think how it will take up water in itself, put the pitcher under the fountain and don’t think how it will fill with water, open your heart for the Divine and don’t think what will happen with you, open your mind for the elevated and light thoughts and don’t care for tomorrow – in a way keep thinking over the Divine, give free to your mind, heart and will and don’t think for the consequences. The real Free brings good results.

From all said till now, let the following thoughts remain in your mind: be organs of the Divine body in order the Divine thoughts, feelings and actions to manifest through you – after you are organs of the God, you will be bearers of all Divine. When you meet some man, search the Divine in himself and stop upon these features – in the same way search the Divine and in yourself; thanks to the God that you have possibility to see the nice. And every one has to be rich, not poor – said with other words, be poor from sins, rich with virtues; poor from violence, rich with Power; poor from lies, rich with Sensibility; poor from evil, rich with Good; Don’t stop in yourself, neither in the others, the gifts and the abilities which God had put into, give way to the Divine in yourself and don’t worry! Have faith that the Divine is in power to develop its ways – sow the seeds of the Good and don’t think for them, give chance to the gifts and the abilities in yourself to develop and don’t think for the outside conditions. The Divine in the man is the essential which he has to work over – through it you will connect with the good people, with the saints, with the Angels and with the God. If one man comes to this state, his thought corrects, his feelings ennoble and his actions become elevated – all his works start to go straight. Only by this way the man becomes younger again and whichever home he comes in, he brings the Divine blessing.

Therefore the man has to be health, sensible and good; if he has these qualities, he will dispose of good feelings and with good, light thoughts. Without good feelings, without light thoughts, one man can’t do anything – why? Because if one man has got no good feelings, which to supply material of the thought to work, he can’t do anything; and if the man has got no health body, which to co-operate with the mind and the heart, he can’t do anything. You say: “If we can’t do something, then God will do it” – this is not right philosophy. From thousand of years to now God works namely through the mind, the heart and the will of the people – have this factors to be ignored today? After you know this, you have to keep in perfect clearness your mind, your heart and your will – they to be co-workers with the God, to be in full agreement with Him. In this relation the religions had for aim initially to develop the Divine in the man in order he to be able to serve correctly to the God, but later on they changed their mission, stopped over the outside forms of the things and today they expect the salvation of the humanity from somewhere outside. The outside is not essential, there why namely Christ says: “Don’t search the glory of the people but search the glory of the God!” The glory of the people represents shadows of the Life, which will come alone by their selves; it is enough the painter to put the main features of the picture in order the shadows come alone by their selves; there is no why one man to search the shadows – he alone, without wants will put them where is need. For example the contradictions in the life of the man are nothing else but shadows – these shadows could be little and big. Leave these shadows, i.e. these contradictions aside, don’t pay attention to them and search the essential in the Life – the essential is the Divine.

Now, when I talk like this, don’t think that I have got no in mind your efforts, as and your achievements; I have in mind all this but I want to direct your attention to the future at which you stay. If you don’t work constantly, with these faces which you have now, they will not accept you in the Heaven; if you have the more little filth, they will not accept you to one Angel lunch – in the Heaven is not allowed any filth, any dissatisfaction. There is allowed only perfect creatures. And after all this you want to go to the God with your whole dissatisfaction. At the God you have to be in the position of the prodigal son, so when you go to him to say: “Father, I transgressed at You, all that you gave me I ate and drank; I am ready now to work for You as last servant just to accept me.” Big inside humbleness and deep consciousness demands from all contemporary people. Today there are many people, outside humble, pious, but the world doesn’t need from such humbleness – from everybody demands the humbleness and the consciousness of the prodigal son. All talented, genius and holy people are went out always from the prodigal son, from this scoundrel who the father slaughters the most fattened calf for; from the other son, who became angry at his father that he had accepted the prodigal son with love, went out all aristocrats, all dissatisfied people. From the inside humbleness of the man generate the nicest features, the best fruits, so it is already time the people as the prodigal son to come back to their Father – their Father will accept them, will slaughter the most well-fed calf for them and will bless them.

Now I wish to you all, when come back home, to give you one big treat, to put you a ring in the arm, to dress you in new clean clothes, after which your Father to embrace you in his arms, to kiss you and to express his Love to you – the son has to feel that he has came back to his Father. If you want to come back to your Father, keep yourself from the old master, from the old teacher who can throw on the dressing-gown to you again and to start to teach you that the life stays only in eating and drinking. If you want, you may listen him, you are free; but afterwards you will eat only carobs and will think that all people are guilty for your state. No, take in arm your stick, which shows that you have to think right, and say the truth of your Father – go to Him as the prodigal son and tell Him: “Father, I ate and drank, I spent everything, I realize my mistakes and ask You to accept me as your servant.”

I say: it is already time to come back to your Father. You grazed the pigs of the old master enough, you had eaten carobs enough – come back to your Father, who you went out from! Who still eats the carobs of his old master, he compares to so and so rich man who whole life had eaten only bean but had given money to different charity aims with the thought to become famous; and really still while still living they put his bust amid the town, as to an honorary citizen. As many times he passed near his bust, he said to himself: “I ate much bean till I come to this place” – said with other words, through how many sufferings, unhappiness and difficulties has one man to pass till he comes to the position of saint. To come up to such pedestal as this rich man, this understands to mount to some high mountain top and to thanks to the God that he had given strong legs to you, strong body to reach the top; and when you come back from the mountain, to thanks to the God again that you have came back safely.

I wish to you all to come up to the highest place which God had defined to you. I wish to you all, when you reach the highest place of your life, to come down again and to thanks to the God that you was able to go to the highest top and to come back safely again. You have passed many tops, but when you reach the highest top, which is defined to you, there you will understand the sense of the Life – it is hided namely in this top, in this highest place. I wish this year to come up to the highest place!

When you look to some high place, you will observe two main points on which are written three important words: the one point is the place where the Sun rises – there the word Good is written, on this place generate all good things; the second point is the zenith, the place where the Sun reaches its power, its biggest height – there the words Sensibility and Power are written, there accomplish the most sensible, the greatest works. So, in the morning man is glad because then generate the good, the sensible, the great things, and at lunch all this realizes – and really great things happens in the eating. In the morning the man still doesn’t work, neither eats, but just has a breakfast; the greatest work one man acts at lunch when he sits on the trapeze to eat, in a way that if you sit today on the trapeze to eat, put in your mind the new idea that in this moment you acts the greatest work – you come up to the highest place in your life.

Now I wish to you all to put the Good as a base of your life, the Sensibility, the Wisdom – for construction, and the Power – as result. You bring in yourself good talents, many gifts and abilities which you have to develop – when you work with the Good, with the Sensibility and with the Power, you will reach all what you desire. One man can reach everything which he desires, but not to want a hair more than this which is defined to him; everything will be given to you as it is provided – neither a hair more, neither a hair less; if you desire more than the defined for you, you will damage the Divine plan.

You have to compare to that Turkish dervish who met one bay and wanted from him one little help; the bay turned out his purse and said to the dervish: “Take how much you need.” The dervish looked in the purse, which was separated to three bars (in the one there was gold, in the other – silver, and in the third – coppers), and he took just one copper. – “Why you didn’t take from the gold coins?” – “I need such.” In the same way and God will meet you, will open his purse and will tell you: “Have some, take how much you need!” You have to have the nobility of the dervish to take only how much you need through the day; on the other day God will meet you again, will open his purse again and will offer you to take as you need – if you take more than you need, you will close your way alone. If one man fill whole tank with water, he will not go often to the fountain but and the water will not be fresh; if you go to the fountain every day with little pitcher, you will have fresh, clean water every day. The little, but made with Love, brings blessing; the big, made without Love, brings sufferings.

Today I spoke more, but I believe that you haven’t bored. Who has tired to listen, I shall take him in my garden to rest and eat fruits – there are pears, apples, plums, cherries, etc. To that one, who hasn’t tired, we will give one apron and will send him on work – to prepare the lunch on which we will complete the greatest work.

20th August, 1931, 5a.m.