The Initiation

The Initiation

Peter Dunov was remarkably tenacious and persistent in his intention to dedicate his life to the Divine. He would do anything he could to help humankind overcome the delusions of the past. The power of attraction of Christ's example had a strong and permanent impact on his mind. His relationship with the Spirit became increasingly real and intense.

A bizarre event that took place on the 7th of March, 1898, in the village of Tetovo, Rousse region, indicated Dunov's true mission. He was staying with his father in a small inn. They were just about to take some rest when Peter was suddenly illuminated by a strange bright light. The Rev. Dunov saw Christ standing by his son and he heard a voice inside: "I will make him My sound rock and will build My Kingdom upon it!"

Master-33.jpg

Human notions of the world of the Spirit are limited. It requires a different perception in super-sensory dimensions. An event such as the one in Tetovo cannot be perceived in human reality, except through the power of faith and intuition.

Master-34.jpg

Dunov's father was the only witness of his son's initiation who could see beyond this world.

The event in Tetovo was a mystic revelation; it reminds of another one two thousand years earlier, when Jesus, just baptized, heard: "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased" (Matt. 3:16)

In Tetovo, Peter Dunov was 33 years old: the age at which Jesus left this world. After the Resurrection, His Spirit could penetrate human souls and encourage them to seek perfection.

A spiritual act of dedication: this is what happened in Tetovo. Peter Dunov allowed a supreme being to dwell in his soul. From that moment on, he embodied the Spirit of Truth that Jesus had promised to his disciples: "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you." (John 16:13-14) In 1899 - 1900 Peter Dunov lived with his father in Novi Pazar. He stayed away from public life, opening his soul to the Spirit, his only companion. His words were alive and inspiring in his mind.

During these years, Dunov wrote a lot of thoughts, arguments, and prayers to the Eternal Spirit. His life was full of events that prepared him for the "Beginning of God's Mission" as he called it. According to his description, Beings of light visited him and he talked with them. Dunov was in permanent contact with the spiritual world. With his thoughts, he dwelled in the beautiful universe of the Spirit, while his body endured the hardships of material life.