Promises for the New Century. Testimonies of the Spirit. The First Disciples

Promises for the New Century

Master-37.jpg

Peter Dunov's rich internal life in the years 1899-1900 was reflected in many of the letters to his disciples. He told them about his life and inspired them with hope for a successful completion of their mission. In a letter to Penyu Kirov, he wrote: "The mission progresses. The Spirit is at work. Truth is installed. Virtue is revived. Justice takes roots. Love comes to reign. The word of God shall not go in vain until His goodwill is accomplished." The promised Word was soon to come, reminiscent of the ancient prophets: "God speaks: Follow my commands and decrees. There, My Word is coming, demanding you to attest My Spirit. Attest the Truth of My testament with your life." Peter Dunov had this revelation on February 14, 1899, on the eve of the new century. Ten questions of the Spirit were asked of the one who desired to be initiated. The answers testify that the undersigned dedicates his life in service of God. Peter Dunov was the first one to sign these testimonies. "The Testimonies of the Spirit" served as a basis for the formation of the Fellowship, a circle of spiritually aware people, united by their aspiration to acquire a deeper knowledge of life and connected by Love. By answering the ten questions of the Spirit, first Peter Dunov and then his disciples made a commitment to God to work with purity and devotion for their own spiritual growth and for the growth of their fellow humans. Penyu Kirov and Todor Stoimenov were the first the join the Fellowship. On February 28, 1899, they sealed with their signatures their commitment to the Spirit of Truth.

Testimonies of the Spirit

First Testimony:

Do you believe with all your heart and soul in the One, Eternal, True and Kind God Who spoke? "I believe with all my heart and soul."

Second Testimony

Do you believe in Me, your Lord and Saviour, Who is speaking to you now?

"Yes, God, I believe that You are speaking the truth. I believe with all my soul."

Third Testimony:

Do you believe in My eternal and kind Spirit Who brings you salvation? "Sweet Lord, I believe that You guide me."

Fourth Testimony:

Do you believe in your Friend and Saviour Jesus Christ and in all your brethren? "I believe in my Friend and in all my brethren."

Fifth Testimony:

Will you do the will of the One True and Just God without faltering? "I will gladly do His divine will."

Sixth Testimony:

Will you renounce yourself and all that is mundane for His Love? "I have renounced myself for Him."

Seventh Testimony:

Will you devote your life, health and everything in your possession to His Glory and the Glory of His Work? "I have devoted everything I have to my God, to His Glory and the Glory of his Work."

Eighth Testimony:

Will you listen to My voice and My advice when I speak to you? "It will forever be my joy to listen to You my Lord!"

Ninth Testimony:

Will you readily follow My orders without a doubt? "I will follow your orders; there will not be any doubt."

Tenth Testimony:

Will you always meet my eyes with all the innocence of your heart and never grieve Me?

"I will make all effort to work and attain God's covenant and do this for You my Lord."

The First Disciples

Around 1898, Peter Dunov intensified his contacts with three people who displayed deeper interest in his ideas: Penyu Kirov and Todor Stoimenov from the town of Bourgas, and Dr. Georgi Mirkovich from Sliven. Every one of their meetings was spent in profound spiritual discussions, with each of them he maintained a lively correspondence on spiritual issues, and they were enthusiastic about everything. Dunov imparted to them. Gradually, in the process of this relationship, they accepted him as an uncontested authority on spiritual issues and chose the path to self-perfection. Before they first met Peter Dunov, each of them had belonged to a different branch of Christianity. Todor Stoimenov was Eastern Orthodox, Dr. Mirkovich was Catholic, and Penyu Kirov was Protestant. In his spiritual work with them, Dunov managed to unite their spiritual aspirations on a higher level and prove to them that Christ was one and only those who walked His path could know Him truly. This challenge Dunov turned into his first victory.

Master-38.jpg

Penyu Kirov and Todor Stoimenov, 1915.