Greeting for the New Year. The Internal Guidance of the Spirit

Greeting for the New Year

The night of the 31st of December 1899 Peter Dunov was alone with his father. They lived in Novi Pazar where the Reverend Dunovski preached in the local church. Their house was in the churchyard. Sitting with a watch in his hand and the Scriptures opened in front of him, Peter Dunov was counting the last minutes to the arrival of the new century. At midnight there was a loud knock on the window. Peter's father, sleeping in the same room, woke up and asked who was knocking. "A friend passed by and said happy New Year," Peter replied jokingly, knowing well that the friend had not come from the material world. "He ought not to sound like that!", his father muttered and, reassured, went back to sleep. The son, with the Bible in hand, went back to his conversation with the Spirit of the things the new century was to bring.

The Internal Guidance of the Spirit

To Peter Dunov, his connectedness with the invisible world was something real. His thoughts, his aspirations, his awareness were in service to the Sublime that guided him. He was constantly conversing with the Spirit. He wrote down every "inside" thought. During that period, he spent many hours in contemplation, distant from all human bustle. He was waiting for his time to come. On the 31st of March 1899, he wrote in his diary: "And the Lord spoke to me and gave me His Word, and said to me: I have made you my firm rock on which I shall build my kingdom. I am with you to deliver you of all your enemies. I shall rescue you from the sly and I shall redeem you from the oppressors, and you shall walk with Me and encircle earth with the sceptre of your hand. My Word is working for your spirit, and it shall reign in the hearts of those chosen to serve Me."