The Inauguration of the School

The Inauguration of the School

Schools of esoteric knowledge, i.e. knowledge of man's internal life, have existed since ancient times. They allow those willing to learn to find their Master and with his help, to develop their abilities. Peter Dunov was surrounded by a wide circle of young people who were full of honest desire to go deeper into the knowledge of life and were intelligent enough to grasp the Knowledge brought by the Age of the Aquarius. Until that moment, the terms "disciple" and "master" had a rather preparatory meaning. Their true sense was revealed in the spiritual university that was never registered by human laws, or, in other words, with the opening of the School in 1920. The event was marked with three lectures: "Meekness and Humility" (for the sisters only), "Electricity and Magnetism" (for the brothers only), and "Torture" (for both the sisters and the brothers). The three lectures were published in a small booklet entitled "Lectures by the Master Delivered at the Occult School of the Universal White Brotherhood". The first two lectures were delivered the same day, on the 22nd of January, and the third on the 5th of February. These lectures elucidated the most important requirements to disciples. Peter Dunov cautioned them right from the start: "Do not believe that being a student at an occult school is easy. The occult school's purpose is not to help you improve your temporary life but to help you do consciously God's will, do His will in all spheres of human life." "This world is one of the greatest schools of the Living God; I know of no greater school, and I call it the foundation of all other schools."

These three lectures were a test for the disciples. They were not yet ready for the School. Over the next two years, the idea was maturing in their minds. In 1922, a larger group of students gathered, and their desire for knowledge gave another impetus to the School project. That was the year of its real start. "Now, for all of you who are ready, we think of opening a School where you can develop physically, spiritually and mentally. In that School, there will be papers to write and problems to solve. I want to motivate your minds as disciples. If you are to get to the divine Truth, you need to carry in your souls, hearts, and minds a divine impulse. The world that we call the School of Christ is a great place to learn. I want you to feel that you belong in this school. Only then can you have the right relationships with you. This will not be achieved in a couple of years; it will take us at least twenty years to make the School work as it should. Now you are given an opportunity to study the magnificent science of the White Brotherhood. For twenty years of your lives, you will be observing the results. In this School you will be acquainted with the methods and laws with which the White Brothers rule over Nature; you will get an idea of the greatness of Nature that surrounds us. Now we are founding this mystical occult school. The danger, however, is that occult knowledge may be used for the achievement of personal ends. This is why you need to have the high and steadfast morality of Love, Wisdom, and Truth. In this great School of Christ, you will find the true methods of the New Life your souls are seeking. There is no other way to learn the laws of life and know how to live. The new life you will learn in the School is the path to the White Brotherhood." "In the School, there will be a General Class for young and old alike, and a Special Class for young people of certain age."