Interest in the cultural life in Sofia

Interest in the cultural life in Sofia

Peter Dunov was well informed about the city's cultural life. Musicians often visited him to invite him to their concerts. Others held performances at Izgrev before they made their stage appearance in the town. Art is a creative act of the Spirit. It conveys lofty ideas and assists spiritual development. The Master sometimes told his disciples: "I often go to concerts. I listen to prominent musicians playing Bach or Beethoven. Their interpretations are different." "The musicians were sent here as servants of God." On the concerts, the Master heard and understood what very few were capable of understanding: "Not the whole of a person is in his body. A great part of it is outside. When a good violinist plays and inspires his audience, this is due to the Divine Energy he draws upon through the powers of his non-material self." "I listened to Marteau playing a classical piece but it did not turn out too well. He was playing it accurately but something was missing. In some pieces, when played, there are special vibrations, like a tide. Einstein calls that 'infusion'. That was missing in Marteau's playing. He was unable to infuse his soul. The second piece, he played it well, the infusion was rapid. The third one was also played well. Marteau is a good performer but when they pay him he loses half of his power."

"Last night (the 12th of October 1938) I went to a concert. A young Bulgarian played, a 12-year-old, quite talented. He got a lot of applause. He plays well; he touches the strings in such a way that every note comes out properly. All great musicians who listened to him said: 'He plays better than us! He is gifted.' I say: 'He developed the gift that God bestowed upon him." "Whatever our contemporary violinists, thanks to them humanity becomes nobler." "A good musician evokes good and noble thoughts in his audience. He is a bearer of art and transforms people. Musicians and all artists are sent here as servants of God! What they gain will be left to the world but that does not mean they belong in this world!"