Return to Sofia. Last Lectures

Return to Sofia. Last Lectures

With the establishment of the new government, life in Sofia gradually resumed its normal course. In October 1944, the Master returned to Izgrev. He lived in his small room upstairs and seldom went out. Only when he had appointments, he would go down to the cozier reception room. He was always neatly dressed. Even when he just descended to the reception room, he would put on his cloak, a white scarf, and a white hat. In that reception room, he gave countless instructions, suggestions, and recommendations for a good life. To the end of his days, he had long conversations with his disciples. Every one of his works was forever engraved in their minds: "I was the happiest man on earth because in the material world I was always satisfied with the least, I only aspired for the least, and I only kept the least for myself."

After the change in the political system, the Master continued his lectures unobstructed. He sometimes discussed the new public order, presenting it in the context of a broader, more universal philosophy. He drew his own image of the new Bulgaria: "What is the new in the world? You would say the Popular Front. There is but a single popular front in the world. We are the popular front. The entire nature is the popular front. It has been there for a long time. I am glad it came to Bulgaria. All Bulgarians around the world should serve the popular front! It can only be served with love." This commentary in the Sunday lecture on the 22nd of October made the natural connection between the idealism of the new government and the New Teaching.

The lectures delivered in Marchaevo and those from the last months of 1944 were collected in three volumes entitled The Testament of Love. Love was the main subject of the Master's last talks. It was his testament to the souls. Only Love could help them overcome contradictions. It was the only factor that could unite people. "Today all people want peace. Peace is based on the law of Love. Only such a peace can be just and permanent!"

Over the following months, the Master gradually grew weaker. He often had heart problems. He ate less and less. His system was entirely exhausted. His spirit was strong but the action of some laws simply cannot be avoided. It was not easy to live with the distressing atmosphere and the tragic events of those months. The "people's court" was already in operation, and there was much anxiety about the fate of well-known public figures.

As before, those who could not answer the questions they faced looked for the Master. The Master, however, was busy with problems the disciples were not yet aware of. "They come here and ask: where's the Master? Where is the Master, indeed? I am looking for the way myself!" The coming into power through violence is a sufficient reason for the Spirit of Truth to withdraw its support. Freedom and violence are incompatible. The violence was there. The Spirit of Freedom, the Spirit of Truth gradually retreated. But not without reminding first: "Things will get better when you find the Truth!" The Master said that in his last lecture on the 20th of December, a week before he departed. The medical treatment failed to improve Dunov's condition. He had pneumonia with complications related to the heart function. Painful days followed. The disciples who were closest to the Master never left his bedside. They were all struck by grief. They realized they would soon have to part with their Master.

Master-115.jpg

Consider the first day - the day of your spirit -the day when light manifested.

Consider the second day - the day of your soul -the day when Love manifested.

Consider the third day - the day of your mind -the day when knowledge manifested.

Consider the fourth day - the day of your heart -the day when intelligent life manifested.

Consider the sixth day - the day of the Eternal Word that illuminated you and installed a master of your fate.

Consider the seventh day - the day of God, the Eternal Source of all things - the day of nature from which everything is to be learned - your day of rest when you will serve all virtues.

Remember that you are born a noetic being.

Sunday, the 5th of November, 1944, 10 a.m.,