THE NEW FARMING

Ani

THE NEW FARMING

Once we were planting fruit-trees. The Master was working together with everyone. After that we sat down on the grass and started talking about the new farming and gardening. In the flow of the conversation, the Master said:

The farmer has to work with Love; now he hoes the earth with his ordinary consciousness. Let us say that an apple is planted by a pure man, who waters it with Love; that way he contributes something to the quality of the apple. That is why the best gardeners, vine-growers, farmers have to become. You will plant the vine; you will cut it and dig it without uttering a single bad word. And when it ripens, you will go and pray each morning, and then the grapes that will be yielded will be special. When you are planting a tree, you shall tell it how it should grow. And it will grow as you have told it; plants are quite smart. Fruit- trees desire attention, someone to love them. And that is why good gardeners are those who love the trees.

Some people's farms have eared well, and others' have not, but the farms are the same. Then when I pass by, I say, "The person, whose farm this is, has such and such a character, and the person on that farm has such and such a character". The first one has put something good in the farm. I would like, when I go somewhere to visit, to be presented with bread from wheat, to which the farmer has sung both when sowing, and when reaping.

A farmer came to me from a south Bulgarian village, and told me that he had debts. I told him, 'You will pay your debts in the following way: you will take some seed - be it wheat, or some other plant, you will purify it, you will bake it in the sun for two or three days, and after that, when sowing it, you will sing the song "Bless the Lord, O my soul". Then you will go out each morning in the farm for a prayer and gymnastics. Moreover, from the produce you will set aside a tithe for a Divine purpose. And thus you will succeed, you will get on well". And after sowing the farm with wheat, beans, etc, he would often visit it. At sunrise on one end of the farm he would pronounce the Good prayer, on the other - 91 Psalm, on the third - the Good prayer, on the fourth - "Our Father". After that he would stand in the middle of the farm and pronounce a prayer. Furthermore, he would sing the song "Bless the Lord, O my soul". And his farm began producing exuberantly. And the villagers, astonished, would say, "We plough with our oxen, and this man takes somebody else's and is with day-laborers, and yet he earns more than we do?" Very soon he paid his debts.

Furthermore, that brother shared with me that he was a horse­shoe maker and wanted to leave his trade, because the animals would become violent, and he would get nervous, beat them, and with that he would impede himself. I told him that even if he left that trade and took up another job, he would have troubles there, too, and would get nervous there as well. But I advised him to apply the following method: when the cattle come, to go out - either out of the workshop or inside, but to secretly say a prayer, elevate his thought. When he goes to the animal - an ox or a horse, to tell it this, "My good animal, you aid our life and I want to do you a good turn, to put shoes on to your feet, so that you can walk freely. Be at ease, I will not do you any harm, I will help you". I told him to put his right arm up on its head and to stroke its back - from the head to the tail; during this he will speak mentally kind and soothing words to it. I told him also that when he finishes shoeing, when he releases the cattle, the last one will turn its head towards him, take at a look at him, snort a couple of times, as if it is sniffing something; with this the cattle will express their gratitude towards him. I gave that advice to that brother in 1923, and a few years later he came back to Izgreva and told me about the result. The cattle were always quiet and calm, even his clients increased for the reason that he would not hit the animals - people would come from other villages to have horse­shoes made. Once they brought a wild horse; the owner gave a warning, but our brother told him, "Not a bother, it is all right, do not worry; he is a very mild horse". And our brother said a prayer, without the horse's master noticing, and started stroking from the head to its tail, and spoke mentally to it. And the horse stood kindly, and its master said, "I have never shod him like that, with him not even making a budge. What did you do to him so that he does not budge?" That person was from another village - from Pobeda village, but he became a permanent customer to him. Our brother would set aside a tithe from the wheat and the trade for a Divine purpose. And everything went well for him, soon he paid all of his debt, which amounted to 23 000 leva; thus he tried the law, and that law is strong.

If the ploughman, who ploughs the farm, does not say a single bad word, his work will be blessed. Each bad word, each impure thought gets into the wheat like poison, which reflects harmfully on the one who feeds on it. If the ploughman ploughs and sings songs about the Lord, each one who eats from that wheat will recover if he is sick, and will rejuvenate if he is healthy. Take a decare of land and till it in the new way - during the entire time when you are ploughing, sowing, and reaping, maintain in yourself the nicest thoughts and feelings, and you will see what wheat you will produce. You can sow four or five decares and earn as much as from a hundred decares. Sow a farm, stay at it to speak kindly to it, so that each ear gets filled with 250 grains. And then, with a little effort, but with Love, you will have a lot. Regrettably, we have gotten used to the old order of things.

In the future, the plants will be best fertilized with electricity. Today the surroundings of many villages are barren, there are no trees, everything is gray and unwelcoming, but in the future all bare hills will be planted with fruit-trees. The forestation, instead of happening with decorative plants, should happen with fruit- trees (where the height above sea-level allows it, of course), and then the Earth will be a fruit garden.