HUMILITY

Ani

HUMILITY

Three brothers were accepted by the Master in his sitting- room. One of the brothers said: "Master, recently You have mentioned the words of Paul the Apostle that God lives in the hearts of humble people. Tell us something about this."

When a child finishes the first grade, he thinks that he knows as much as the teacher. He finishes the second grade, and he again thinks the same. He does not know that his ignorance is even much more. Some people think that they know everything.

They shall not think so. For example, there are so many things in music to be learned by a virtuoso!

The natural state is humbleness, and if man is vain, haughty, self-respecting, he is ill. The desire for superiority causes the worst suffering of mankind, the worst disagreement between communities and nations. Everybody wants to be first - the key of all evil things is there. Everybody has a beautiful gift, which he may use, but let him lose his desire for superiority. Superiority is a relative term. The success and inspiration of man depend on the power of the Creatures, which lead him. What superiority then? It is nothing. If my life is useful, it means that a higher Spirit deals with me. In order we to be led and inspired, our lives have to be valuable before God - to be useful. Some people show certain ideas, gifts, talents, make something successful in a sphere and after that they ascribe them to themselves. They think that they have done it by themselves. More humbleness is needed. When man shows knowledge, skills, ideas, he had had the assistance of Heaven, he has to ascribe all that to God. You, when you talk to people, say to yourself: "God speaks. It is His glory!" and you divide things. You tell people that God speaks, but you say to yourself "I speak!" Leave people say that you speak, and tell yourself: "God speaks!" I shall not tell the others from which bank I have taken money. It is not concern of theirs, but I shall know that for myself.

Everyone, who wants to be famous, is on the wrong way. We have to look for God's Glory. When the Great spirits come down to Earth, they take a very modest form in order not to attract people's attention and they do not speak about themselves. If I present myself as a very erudite person, what would I earn from this? I am so much erudite as I am. One may say that he is a very strong person and that he can lift up a hundred kilograms, but there are machines, which lift up even more.

One, who is not humble, will be humbled. It is very hard to live with a wrong understanding. Your pride has been so big in your previous lives that when you go to beg someone for something, he denies you in order you to become humble. Such measures will be applied until a reasonable humbleness comes. Why has somebody become a beggar? Because he has been self-respecting and now he is being reviled; he will pass through humiliations and he will take all this with humbleness. Man always looks at the external side. He wants to be a minister rather not for being useful, but for the opportunity of becoming famous, but after that they dethrone him and gaol him. The ox will always remain an ox no matter how much it lifts its tail up, and the child, no matter how small he is, has gifts and future. Leave the method to the ox. You, with your gifts, will advance. Pride impedes the development of the gifts. One, who makes things with pride and vain, will pass through sufferings and will be able to liberate himself through them, because they are a big obstacle for his development.

That thing, which people call love, is not Love. Love is absolutely different thing. In order man to show the Divine Love, a base is needed, and that base is humbleness. Only when man has humbleness, Heaven will let through him the current of the Divine Love and he will manifest it. It is all the same with all other gifts, with which Heaven endows man. Heaven does not endow with gifts and powers, if man has no humbleness. If there is vain, self-respecting and pride in him, Heaven will be silent and will not endow him. Humbleness is a base for development of all gifts, base for all achievements. When people say that you are clean and bright, you shall keep from their thoughts, because they may put a bug in you. Vain is a grave for the thought. One wants to be known by everybody. What an authority would he be? A hundred people may know him on Earth, but who knows him on the Sun? One, who has not used to the last place, cannot have the first one, either. Humbleness means development. When you become humble, you will have conditions for development, and when you make progress, you will gain what you want. You shall overcome the personal life. Man shall not be impeded by the personal life.

Often some people want to be first in the religious life. This is an obstacle for lots of people. When the dog lifts its tail up, it is haughty; it wants to say that there is no other animal like it. A disciple needs humbleness - if somebody walks after you, make way for him to pass. Do not jostle, make way for everybody.

Each morning the disciple shall declare that he is a disciple. Each morning he has to enrol for a disciple again as the student enrols at the beginning of each semester. There were 4000 students at a university and they jostled to enrol at the secretary's office. They jostled each other and only one student stood at the end and waited calmly his order. The secretary understood that he is was the only enrolled student. That secretary is the Great Master. Only that student from 4000 students was enrolled, because he had humbleness. To enrol each morning for a disciple, that means to decide not to jostle with anybody and not to send negative thoughts to anybody. When you boast that you have done something, that you have given something to people, you always go away from God. Humility is the only way, the only method, through which you can come nearer to God. Without humility you will remain forever away from Him. One, who thinks that he, will become great; one, who seeks for glory, is far away from God. Man shall have a clear idea of what humility means. Humility means that man wants to live in Peace. The old education shall be replaced by new one. Jesus understood that he shall become humble. You shall start with the humbleness of Jesus. John the Baptist showed humbleness, too. It was Elijah and he said: "This cannot be done by cutting heads off, man shall become humble and power shall submit to rationality." And Moses advanced thanks to to his fault that he was snuffling and that made him humble. And Paul the Apostle said that he had a thorn in his heel. His advancement is also due to that fault, which he had. Praises make man fall. In each man there is a thorn, which helps him to advance, because it makes him humble and in this way, it protects him from falling.

I will give you a rule: when man is tempted, let him become humble. He shall immediately feel small before God; temptation will pass by him then. By becoming humble, man shall feel that God is everything, that he has to fulfil the Will of the Great and that he will do what He wants. God shall praise you, and you shall praise God. This is a mystical understanding. Man cannot praise himself by himself.

Under the word "unworthy", it is understood not developed and still unsuitable to perceive. You may look like an Angel, but because now you are in flesh on Earth, you will become humble. It is said about Jesus: "He took an image of a slave." It shall be pleasant to you when people do not turn attention to you. If I am a famous man and people turn attention to me, then adornments will go away. It is really a hard philosophy you not be noticed by the others! I went to a gathering. All were erudite and passionate people there. They talked wordily and finally they requested me to tell them what I know. I was silent by that moment. They said: "You know a lot, but You do not want to take the word, You are reticent." I do not look for the good opinion of the others, because this happens only in a perfect world, and this world is not perfect. Lots of people have a high opinion about themselves; pride may be hidden even in the most humble person. He shall give it up and replace it by dignity. Imagine a plate, turned with its face up, and another one, turned with its bottom up. If you put something valuable in the first plate, it will remain in it, but if you put something in the second one, everything will spill out of it. The humble man is the first plate, and the proud one - the second one. This means that the humble man is perceptive of that, which comes from the higher worlds, and the second one - is not. A painter needs not to praise himself. Let him show his pictures and let people see them. Further: do not say that there is a candle here; light the candle in the evening and let it spread its light.