REASONS FOR THE HARDSHIPS

Ani

REASONS FOR THE HARDSHIPS

After the lecture and the gymnastic exercises, we came back to the hall. One sister asked: "Which are the reasons for the hardships?"

I will enumerate several of the reasons: first of all, contradictions in life are not from God, and from people; everything is from God, but everything is not the same as it has come out of Him. Energy comes out of God, but when it passes through the creatures, it changes. It gets admixtures and because of that contradictions and sufferings come.

Second, another reason for sufferings is the breach of God's laws. You suffer when you do not fulfil God's Will. You suffer because of your mistakes in the past. Sufferings are not from God and when people fulfil God's laws, sufferings stop. Life, which is not rational, leads to suffering. For example, you eat food and suffer; you make a mistake and punishment comes. One, who is clever, shall not suffer, but in today's conditions suffering is inevitable. Somebody asked me why he suffered; I told him that he had been a wolf in the past and he had ripped up 10 000 sheep.

Third, sometimes the hardships are examinations. They examine you to what extent you have understood what you have learned.

Fourth reason for the suffering is the following law: when man passes from one phase to another, he shall be in hardships within the transitional period, when he is at the boundary between the two phases. The big obstacles, which Nature puts, aim at developing something nice and powerful in man.

Fifth, let's mention the suffering of ideas. You fight for a sublime idea and suffer; these are sufferings for ideas. Irrational sufferings shall be avoided.

Sixth, some sufferings are for somebody else's good; for example, somebody breaks stones, he suffers from heavy labour, but he can be sure that they will serve for the good of people and beautiful buildings will be built. The nice shoes, which you have, have cause suffering to an animal, because they are made of its hide. You use stone coals for heating, but so many miners have suffered of heavy labour in the mines, in order you to have them!

So many people have suffered in order we to be in that situation, in which we are now! Value their sufferings.

Seventh, sometimes sufferings come from pangs of the birth of a new idea in man.

There are also other reasons for sufferings, which we will not mention.

Now sing a song.

After that the Master said:

You may say the following formula each morning: "God, let me have what you have foreseen for me for this day. Let me fulfil the work, which you have foreseen for me for this day."