Morning Talks

Morning Talks

In the fall of 1930, Peter Dunov started a cycle of talks at dawn. These became known as "morning talks". The first one took place on the 21st of September at 5 a.m., and was entitled "Absolute truth". Together with the rising sun, it filled the audience in the hall with new energy. The energy that was radiated by the Master's Word was immensely powerful. The listeners could feel the vibrations of an invisible Presence, manifested in Peter Dunov's words: "I am different from you in my notion of God. By "I" I mean all intelligent beings, not me sitting here on this chair." That was not Peter Dunov speaking; that was the Master who carried the Knowledge needed for the coming Age of Free Human Thought. The first of the morning talks was a praise of Truth. "As disciples, you must speak the Truth. A disciple is not allowed to lie. A lie is twice a sin." "I abhor lies. Anything can be forgiven but a lie never. Where there is a lie, nothing works right. The lie is followed by death. He who lies, himself breaks the coherence of his life." "You would say, you can't do without lies. You can. You will do without lies from now on. The lie is not an inherent quality of man. It has been adopted from another culture. You cannot love it. It is of animal origin."

"Absolute truth: this is the ideal of the new teaching. Absolute truth: this is the ideal of the new humankind. Keep this ideal in our souls."

The morning talks were given every Sunday from 5 a.m. in the lecture hall at Izgrev. They were open to all. At that time of the day every person - no matter his age, level of awareness or education - is capable of understanding the truth. The knowledge that was to remain engraved in the world's spiritual heritage ought to be accessible to all, regardless of any external factors or human arbitrariness. Everyone had free access to the energy of the Word that came with the dawn. The morning talks combined science, education, poetry and a thorough interpretation of life problems. They were a synthesis of all methods that the Master applied in his work with the disciples. In the last period of his life, he addressed the most subtle aspects of the human soul: "What I am saying applies only to the mystics who wish to understand not only the external but also the inner aspect of Christianity." Human perfection remained invariably the main subject of all talks and lectures delivered by the Master. Indefatigable in his aspiration to awaken the desire for it in his disciples, in his morning talks he resorted to the language of science, religion, and symbols alike. If the disciples' attention strayed, he would tell them anecdotes, share his own experience or quote great thinkers. All his efforts were focused on imparting to them the main principles of life: "Seek to achieve broader views and variety in life. Be independent in your thinking. Look for the knowledge that furthers your growth."

Master-79.jpg