THE LOYAL SON, SERVING GOD

Ani

THE LOYAL SON, SERVING GOD

We completed the gymnastic exercises on the meadow and came back to the hall still under the living impression of the ideas that the Master presented during the early hours in the school lecture. We sang a few songs. The matter about our relation towards the Rational beginning in the world was raised. Here are the main thoughts, which the Master expressed during the conversation:

When man begins to live for himself, the evil is born. I ask: if the branch and the leaves live only for themselves, will they not perish? First of all, the leaves, the branches, the blossoms, the roots live for the others, and then - for themselves. And when speaking about God, He is the Whole, for which we have to live first of all, and our happiness depends on this.

How does man lose his Freedom? When he uses everything that he has only for himself, his entire basis disappears and he is left on another basis, which has nothing in common with his first basis in Life.

Let us present the things in the following way: the first situation is that they want to make you prime minister of Bulgaria, and the second is that you can become a disciple of a great Master, in order to serve God. In the first case they will exalt you outwardly, and in the second one they will load you with having to serve and you will have no reverence. Which is better? - To serve God! There are several stages of the consciousness in the people. Christ says, "Everything should be given to God, everything, which man has at his disposal, should be placed at the disposal of God". Moses says, "Only a tenth should be given to God". And in the ordinary human life, man gives little to God, to the Divine, only every now and then.

Martyrdom is an involution, labour is the lowest stage, and serving God is the highest point, to which man is able to climb. What kind of thing is serving? Serving is when one works in order to spread the Love. Wasn't it said, "Seek first and foremost the Kingdom Divine and its Righteousness, and everything else will be applied to you". When people start to love God, they will begin to work as well, as He works. Man has to be smart, good and strong, because only thus one can serve God. Only the good one can be strong.

Man has to live first and foremost for God, and after that - for his neighbours, and finally - for himself. All sufferings are derived from the fact that we do not carry the idea of working for God within our consciousness. If you serve Him, you can serve everyone, and if you do not serve Him, you cannot serve anyone. Forget about the personal inside yourself, forget completely about egoism, and think for God's cause! When you do somebody a favour, do not expect gratitude, because again this is payment. Man must not create idols of his own deeds. We have examples of the past - how people have worshipped their own deeds, and they should worship God, who has initially created everything! When man works on himself, he works for the elevation of the entire humanity, because there is a connection between everybody. A wise man is the one who, when working for himself, simultaneously works for those surrounding him.

When man works for the others, he works on himself. Now, awaken the people.

For two things man will be beaten, and for two things he will be praised. They will beat him if he does not learn and if he does not serve. And they will praise him if he learns and serves. One who has not been learning and does not know cannot serve. In order for man to be able to serve, he needs to know, and if, for instance, you go to someone sick, you can help him if you have knowledge of curing the sickness.

A sister inquired, "What is to serve God?"

Self-sacrifice. A verse says, "For God had such love for the world that he gave his only Son, so that whoever has faith in him may not come to destruction but have eternal life". So how can we not love the world, when God loves it! When you help the others, their Angels help you and create the best conditions for inner activity. When you help the others, your inner conditions become improved, you receive help from the inner side. Man, in order to know God, has to study rational self-sacrifice. If he does not practise self-sacrifice, he cannot learn anything. It is said in the Writ, "We give our bodies as a living offering, holy, pleasing to God". Now failure is due to the fact that there is no self-sacrifice. Some have the impulse, but the impulse is not a sacrifice. From beginning to end man has to be a sacrifice, because Love is a sacrifice. Sacrifice is a law of manifestation of the Love. To apply the Love means to serve God.

A brother said, "This morning in your lecture You said that the one only way is the way of self-denial, which leads to the New".

This lecture is going to be for those who are taking the New way and are ready for the New, which is coming into the world. Love is an inciting reason for everything. You cannot renounce the Love. Whatever sacrifice you make, make it for God! You have to fight. The weapon is Love. The meaning of Life is for man to do everything out of Love towards God. There is a will in the world, which we must carry out - the Will of God; then we will have an opportunity to manifest. Wasn't it said by Apostle Paul, "Take your sword, put your armor on!"

You shall serve God with mind, heart, soul, and spirit. We are in the epoch of serving. Christ says, "I came to carry out the will of my Father as He has taught me". Serving God is a direction for the souls, so that everybody can take part in the Divine work. One who lives for himself has no Love. One who lives for God has Love. If you are rich, you shall assume that the wealth is not yours. You shall allot a very small budget for yourself, and for the rest you shall say that it is not yours, and you shall not even think that you can do with it whatever you want; this can be done as well, but you will lose the sanctity. With every wealth there is a great danger - we can forget the Lord.

A brother asked, "How should we serve God?"

Everything is God's, so whatever you do, do it for God. It was said, "Do not seek glory from the people, but seek glory from God". Each thing that we do should be for the Glory of God. Someone might be able to speak well, but all this should serve for the Glory of God. When you help your neighbour, you serve God.

You want to be happy, but you do not know how. Understand the needs of the others, and do something for them. You see a demolished wall, and say, "What a pile of rubble!" No, take some material and build it repair it. Christ says, "Let him who stands raise the fallen". When someone who loves God sees that a stone is not in its place, he will move it away. I see that two branches have intertwined, so I release them. Or I see two dogs that are scuffling for something, I take out a pretzel and give it to them, and they would stop quarrelling. In life there is nothing that should seem impossible to you. You see a bent down flower, set it up straight. And when you do so, enjoy it.

A sister said, "Master, I want to serve God. Can you say how exactly?"

Here is how: in everything you should see the positive. You should have faith that everything turns into good. You should not wait for the big things when serving God, because they rarely come in Life, but you should not procrastinate on big things. If someone comes to me and does me a favour, without me wanting it (for instance, I am thirsty and he brings me water), he is already in the New teaching.

A young maiden went on a visit well-dressed, in all her finery, and was always waiting to be served; another maiden came; she cooked, did the washing, swept, cleaned everything, and not before that did she sit at the table. We too are now going to God well-dressed, we sit in a chair and we are waiting. And should we enter there, we have to do what is required of us. All the people, who live by their own views and do not take the Divine into consideration, are on the wrong track. I compare how God manifests with how we manifest. It is from there that we have to begin: we have to take as a criterion how God manifests.

Among us there was also a brother, who was a guest from Belchevo village in the Stara Zagora region, and the Master told him:

Here is what you shall bring to the brothers and sisters: so far they have been bad masters, now they should become good servants. Man has to learn how to serve God. Give somebody an impulse to draw, and another - to read a good book, lend him countenance to write something, give a hint to him to water a flower or to give someone a glass of water. The new moral is: when I pass by a tree, I should provide it with whatever aid it needs. You shall ask God about what you should do. When God comes and tells you something, and when you do not do what He has told you to, you are restricting Him.

A sister asked, "How can the little man restrict God?"

Here is the idea: can you not restrict the Sun when you close the shutters of the room? God is not cross with anyone, but once you close the shutters, you deprive yourself of one good. If we are with God, if we love God, we will elevate. To love God means to do whatever He tells you to, and to be always disposed. He says, "Cross that river". "Well what if I drown?" Just cross it, nothing more, since God tells you.