The Key of Life

THE KEY OF LIFE

I will read the 20th Chapter from the Book of Revelation. I am not going to give you any interpretations. Let everyone interpret it according to their own understanding. There is a fundamental Law stating that food is utilized by every living being according to the degree of its development.

Pay attention to the fourth verse of Chapter 20, “And I saw thrones and they sat on them and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.” All want to rule on Earth today. As you know, people have different ideas about Nature and the place of the Kingdom described in this verse. Where is it located: down on Earth, up in Heaven, or somewhere else in space?

People in our society often resemble the little children who are eagerly awaiting what their parents will bring them in the evening. In the same way, theatre and cultural fans anticipate what actors will present on the stage when they go to a performance. After sowing, the farmer relies on the fruit that the field is going to yield. Having his vineyard planted, the vine grower is anticipating to see what grapes the vineyard will produce.

All people are waiting for something. When expectations are fulfilled, people rejoice. If the performance is good, they will say, “The roles were presented well; it was great!” When the harvest is rich, they say, “This field produced well.” When the vineyard bears fruit, they say, “The grapes are fine.” When the father brings something at home, children are joyful and say, “Our father is good.” However, this is only one side of life representing the human understanding about the world of today. The reverse side is that sometimes the father would bring nothing at home, the field and vineyard would bear nothing, the performance could turn out to be not as good as expected, and so on. Then people experience total disappointment. The first situation when abundance comes from all sides corresponds to people’s expectations and in this case all are content. Even thieves are satisfied when they succeed in stealing and sad when they fail. In the same way, the righteous people are happy for their achievements and unhappy for their failures. I ask about the difference between their joy and sorrow. They both have their desires fulfilled or not fulfilled. You have to distinguish whether you feel like the righteous or like the thief, the wrongdoer. These are two different situations, upon which you need to ponder. Someone may say, “I am happy.” Then ask yourselves whether your feeling is like the joy of the righteous person or that of the wrongdoer. If you are sad, again ask yourself whether you feel as the righteous person or as the wrongdoer. In my opinion it is better to be realistic and have no illusions as for example, those Bulgarian peasants from Sofia district who, some time ago, went to conquer Istanbul only with their big shepherd’s staffs. The residents of Istanbul captured them, took their staffs and tossed them on a pile. Then they dispersed the peasants, chasing them back to Sofia. I ask: Is it possible to seize a town like Istanbul with shepherd’s staffs only? No, it is not. If your beliefs and convictions, prayers and tears are like the shepherd’s staffs, those who are stronger than you will easily take and toss them on a pile and you will accomplish nothing at the end. If you want to conquer, you must be well armed! With what? If worldly people arm themselves with the best and most powerful weapons in order to achieve their goals, I ask, then, what shall be the arms of spiritual people?

I am going to give you an example to see what is reliable in your life. A rabbit stands before you armed with two guns and tells you, “I am with you, so fear nothing! Not a hair on your head shall be touched. Have faith in me! You can rely on me!” A bear comes after the rabbit - it also carries two guns, standing in front and speaking to you, “I am with you so nobody can touch you; rely on me!” I ask you: Who are you going to trust: the rabbit or the bear? You will certainly answer: the bear. It is true that if you rely on the rabbit, nevertheless if there is some danger or not, as soon as it hears the first gunshot, it will run away. The rabbit will be first to react and you will be last. Should you rely on the bear, however, what will happen in case of danger? Let’s say the bear sees a bigger bear in front: it will not flee. This time you will be first and the bear - last. I ask: What will you achieve in each case, if you actually rely on the rabbit and if you rely on the bear? If you think that they can really protect you in life, you are deceiving yourself.

The rabbit and bear are symbols of certain external manifestations in the human life. We can interpret them. To rely on the rabbit means to rely on the pleasures of life. As the rabbit flees from the least danger so the person of pleasure is discouraged even by the smallest suffering or trial. The easiest way is when someone desires to indulge in entertainment and have everything in life to his taste. But the legs of pleasure are long like those of the rabbit and it runs fast and far as the rabbit does. The bear, on the other hand, symbolizes the rough life, which I relate to the hard earthly labor. However, neither the life of pleasure nor the life of labor are going to save the world. Those who have only pleasures damage their stomach; those who work too hard damage their hands. Is there any use to ruin your stomach or hands? This is the external side of the issue. Think about the deeper, intrinsic side of it too.

Today we all need to get true awareness and understanding of our God-given gift of Life. What should we strive for? Eating and drinking is not what we live for. Neither knowledge and wealth, nor home, family and children is the purpose of our life. What, then, is the intrinsic purpose of Life? Presently, if you desire to solve one of the greatest tasks in your life, first you should know the meaning of Life in its totality. Some people ask, “Is it possible to live without eating and drinking?” It is pointless to discuss that. Eating and drinking are only conditions for preserving life. These conditions are external, so we do not need to talk about them. Everything that is external is not helpful to us. Ponder upon this idea until it becomes clear to you.

Imagine someone who has one thousand kilograms of wheat in his barn. He keeps it locked and does not use it to make bread. He is fasting. Staying hungry, he says, “This wheat is stored in the barn for hard times; I am not going to eat it.” Another man has only one kilogram of wheat, but he takes it from the barn, grinds it at the mill, makes bread out of it, bakes it and eats it with the words, “I thank God for what He has given me to eat.” I ask who holds the power: that one who has one kilogram of wheat and makes use of it or the other one who possesses a thousand kilograms of wheat, but keeps it locked in the garner and does not eat it? Whoever uses their kilogram of wheat for nourishment - they hold the power.

Someone says, “I want to become learned and holy.” It is the same nonsense as with the person who has one thousand kilograms of wheat in the barn, but fasts. One’s power comes from one’s achievements at every given moment; but it is also found in one’s awareness. God manifests Himself though everyone’s consciousness. Outside of the human being and consciousness, God does not exist. Even if God existed outside of our consciousness, we do not know Him. We do not know what this God would be like. We know God only by His manifestations in our consciousness.

You often say, “God can do everything.” It is true that God is all-mighty and can do everything, but it depends on the potentials that you have. Imagine that you are in front of a well and hold a bucket, tied to a thin rope. You are not so strong and cannot draw more than 10 liters of water. On the other hand, I am stronger and with my rope I can draw not only 10, but 100 liters of water. I am observing how you act: you draw only 10 liters of water as you drop your buckets with the thin rope. As the rope is intelligent, it is not satisfied with the small quantity of water and says, “I can draw 100 liters of water, cannot I?” I say: Try! You then take a bigger bucket that can hold 100 liters of water, tie it to your thin rope, and plunge it into the well. You pull the bucket up, but the rope tears and the bucket remains in the well. You wonder at this and say, “Could God not draw 100 liters of water with this rope?” God cannot draw 100, but only 10 liters of water with this thin rope. If you think it is possible, it shows that your conscious perception is wrong. When you say that God is Almighty, it implies God in His Totality, not in His parts. In every single part, in every individual person, God is powerful to the extent to which one can receive, process, and reveal the Divine.

Therefore, intelligent people invest time to accomplish what is beyond their actual capacities. They will drop the bucket into the well 10 times in succession in order to draw 100 liters of water. However, if they want to accomplish all this work at once, shortening the duration, they need to find another solution. Otherwise, the rope will break.

Often people make mistakes in their lives because they rush. They want to save time. Someone asks, “Why did God not give me wealth? Why did God not make me rich?” Your rope is thin. God Himself is capable of drawing millions and billions liters of water from the well. As to you, you can draw not more than 10 liters because the rope of your consciousness is not strong enough and if you try to draw more, it will break.

Now the second process comes: you ask whether this problem could be solved in a different way. There is an alternative. What I give you is a philosophy that can be applied right now, in the present state of your consciousness and being. The solution for the conscious one is to take 10 thin ropes, to wind them in a thicker rope and tie a big bucket to it, dropping it into the well and drawing 100 liters of water. The result will be the same as if you drop the thin rope 10 times into the well, yet the gain will be different. When you do your work yourself, your joy will be greater than if you have resorted to somebody’s help. All ropes that participate in drawing the water are intelligent; therefore, each one will ask for its part, for its share of the accomplished job. After drawing out the water, you may want to keep everything for yourself, but the ropes will begin to quarrel among themselves for their part of the gain. One rope will say, “If it was not for me, you would have accomplished nothing.” The second will say, “If it was not for me, you would have accomplished nothing.” The other ropes will say the same. Yes, all have participated in drawing 100 liters of water, but none of them is able to do it by itself. It means that the 10 ropes together, as well as each rope itself, will receive the same gain; yet, in the first case, the gain will be divided by 10. Each rope will get 10 liters of water.

Now you say, “Let’s work in the field or bring water together.” If you work, each one of you alone for the same time, you will have an equal gain as your share of the common work. I ask: Is it worth to share work in this case? Yes, it is. The true worth lies in the encouragement you give to one another. You all will work hard, but will be enthusiastic and happy and will come back home singing. This will be the small added value to the gain. If you work alone, you will spend the whole day in silence. For this reason, when people are conscientious, they could work together in small groups. When unscrupulous people work, each one should work alone in order to avoid conflicts. Someone says, “I want to work alone.” I understand that people around this person are bad and he is not good either. When all people want to work by and for themselves, it is an indication that there is something negative among them. They lack some accord and their thoughts are not right.

People often say these and those do not live well, do not live in God’s way. I ask: Which is the criterion for good and bad in the world, for defining what is done in God’s way and what is not. I say that none can do anything in God’s way. Why? Man does not do his work on his own. When you do something, you would better say, “Lord, accomplish my work as You see it.” Why? Every work that God performs is excellent. After that say, “Lord, now in turn I am going to accomplish my work in You. After I complete my life mission, You, my Lord, will evaluate it.” When I am performing my work, I do not evaluate it myself. I let God say how it is done. When it comes to God’s Works, I have only one opinion, not two. I appreciate them all, saying, “God’s Works are always good!” All philosophers and scholars in the world may gather and try to dissuade me, but they will not succeed. I know for sure that all God’s Deeds are good. No matter how you examine them, I say that God’s works are perfect. The Divine in the core of the human being can really appraise God’s Works. God in turn, evaluate human deeds. If you want to know what I can accomplish, ask God, not me or any other person. Therefore, do not dwell on what people think of you. Trust God’s thought about you. The Law says: If God in you approves your works, you are blessed.

Many people of today have certain philosophy or system of beliefs. In order to please the world, they say, “We will go into the world to show who we are.” I ask: For so many years has the world said anything new about good people? Only God has the right to evaluate human actions and only a highly intelligent person can speak of God’s works. Why? It is because when doing some work for God, the person has no private interests; while in human works, the personality is involved. When it is said that we will be put on trial, it implies that we will be evaluated for our deeds, life, for everything we have done for God. Only God is the One to assess. I do not worry what I say about God’s Works. In the same way, I do not worry what God will say about my works. I have only one opinion about God’s Works. It implies that God will treat me in the same way as I treat Him. If you have any doubt about this, you will say, “God may treat us differently.” Yes, but if God treats you differently, it would indicate that you have had ambiguity about Him. The Law is the same.

I say: First of all, you should fully perceive that the fundamental Truth of God is active in your soul. Greatness of the soul, greatness of the genius, talented, gifted, or righteous person is in the awareness that all is due to God, all that evolves within us at any given moment is a manifestation of God in action. Christ says, “My Father works.” Where? Within me, in my soul and consciousness, in my heart and mind. God works in different places. As a result of this work, all people strive to do something wonderful. Many ask what to do now. There is a Great Law stating that if you do not love God, you cannot do even the smallest good. Therefore, it is paramount for you to love God. If you do, God will reveal Himself to you and your love will merge with His.

Now I am going to give you the following rule: Work with the positive laws of Wisdom and the positive methods of Love! You have applied the negative laws of Wisdom and the negative methods of Love by now, that is why you have negative results in your work. There are no laws in God’s Love; it is a Law in itself. No law ever existing can limit Love. Should you live according to whatsoever law of Love, you are going to fall into many mistakes and delusions. In Love there are methods, the best methods at that. Therefore, the life of Wisdom is represented by Laws, while the life of Love - by methods.

Now you will begin asking endless questions: What are these Laws of Wisdom and what are the methods of Love? They are inscribed in our souls. Look for them there and you will find them. If you ask such questions, I assume that you have one kilogram of wheat in your barn and have started to eat from it, but you want to gain one thousand kilograms. If your aim is one thousand kilograms, you are of the fasting people. Some say that they have fasted a lot. I ask: Has God benefited anyhow from your fasting? He has only losses. If you eat too much, God loses again. When you eat moderately, you do God’s Work. If you eat and give thanks for the food, God is pleased with you. If you overeat, you suffer and God within you too. You say, “My throat is dry!” God is saying to you, “I have given you a lot of water; drink the purest water so that your throat does not get dry!”

I will give you a Law with two methods of application: negative and positive. Imagine that a person who is an alcoholic from an early age stands in front of you. You want to direct him in the right path and advise him not to drink wine. He replies to you: “I cannot do without drinking wine. I have inherited this weakness from my parents. It is not easy to give it up!” And so, he continues to drink. In this case you applied the negative method. After that you apply the positive method saying to this person, “Drink of the purest nectarous water that exists in the world!” The salvation of the alcoholic lies in this method. Do not tell him not to drink wine, but tell him to drink of the purest nectarous water. Should he drink of it, he will never think of wine again. You often say, “We should not hate!” This is another example of the negative method. It is the same as saying to the alcoholic not to drink. What can be achieved with this method? Nothing. In other words, it gives negative results. Apply the positive method in your life. Instead of saying you should not hate, fill your soul with the highest Love, which the most elevated and noble souls have applied on Earth.

You say, “We should believe!” No, apply faith! Apply the sublime noble faith, which saints, righteous, and good people have and which can move forests and mountains. Have this mighty faith and say to the mountain, “Move!” If it is the Mount Vitosha, go there and see the results. First it may seem to you that it has not moved at all, but when you arrive there, you will see that it has slightly moved. Have you performed such an experiment to test the power of your faith and thought? In reality, the human being is the biggest mountain that needs to move. If I move, the Mount Vitosha will also move. If not, it is a sign that I am a dead person. The living, wise person of strong faith always moves on. In this case, the Mount Vitosha - it is me!

If you understand me literally, you will have one kind of outcome. If you understand me in essence, you will have a completely different result. If you have a strong faith and powerful thought, you will prove this Law and see that the Mount Vitosha has moved. If it has not, that is for the sole reason that your faith is weak. If the mountain has not moved, the rope that you have let down into the well is weak. This does not imply that God is weak; but, rather, that your rope is weak. Therefore, you should find a strong rope: not to break, when let down in the well and able to make the Mount Vitosha move. If you have such faith, you will be able not only to make the mountain move, but also the Sun rise in the west, not in the east as normal. If the Sun would rise in the west, the order in the world would not be disturbed. On the contrary, the world would be much better and more harmonious. What is the philosophical interpretation of the fact that the modern day Sun rises in the east and sets in the west? If east represents everything positive in the world and west - everything negative, then what is the contribution of the Sun rising from the good and setting to the bad so far? Would it not be better if the Sun rises in the west and sets in the east? In this way it would lead the world from bad to good. Where is that one who can make the Sun rise from the west?

When I speak to you like that, if you take it literally, you would ask, “Does all this apply to the physical world?” The physical manifestations are a reflection of the manifestations existing in the Spiritual World. When Christ says that strong faith can move mountains, it concerns the essence of faith. The Mount Vitosha exists in the Spiritual World too. If its place or the place of any other object could be changed in the Spiritual World, its shadow in the physical world will also move. As soon as an object moves, its shadow moves too. However, if we wish to move the shadow of an object, this is a difficult task because the shadow moves by a different Law. Only the Sun is capable of moving the shadow of objects. Yet, if I fully comprehend the Law, I will be able to lift my hand and move the shadow wherever I want. Once you lift the Mount Vitosha, you can move its shadow then wherever you desire.

And so, application is required of you as well as deep inner thought. If you have such thought, in one day or minute you will be able to complete your development. You say, “After we complete our development, what are we going to do?” You will come back to Earth to serve others. If you have 40 days at your disposition to harvest all your fields, you will accomplish this in one day and the remaining 39 days you will use to help your fellowmen. One day you will work for Ivan; the second day, for Dragan; the third day, for Stoyan, and so on. You will go to Ivan and tell him, “Ivan, have you not finished harvesting yet?” “I have not.” “Come on, I am going to help you.” Within one day you will finish his work and will go to Dragan. “Dragan, have you already finished your work?” “I have not.” “Come on, let’s finish it together.” The two of you will get down to work and in one day will finish everything. The third day you will go to Stoyan and will help him as well. In these 39 days you will finish the work of all your neighbors. They will reach perfection and, in the same way, will go to help still others. Work is required of all: in this world and in the World beyond. Some people think that, when they pass to the World beyond, they will be greeted by the Angels with garlands and songs and sitting with them, they will play music on harps. No, work awaits you there too!

Many say that they have completed their development and the Almighty God has spoken to them directly. They have completed their development, but cannot draw even 10 liters of water from the well. The Almighty God has spoken to them, yet no one wants to give them some bread. How is this possible? Do not be deceived. It is a delusion. It is like in the case of a drunkard who, under the influence of the alcohol taken, says, “Do you know who I am?” Boom! And he breaks a window. One should attain the Truth that will set him free in order to overcome the delusional state. You have not yet learned what Freedom is! The Scriptures say, “Do not be slaves to people!”[1] Do not be slaves to beliefs that delude you. Praise the Lord and be free! That one who wants to be free should give freedom to people.

Often people fix on the negative manifestations of Life. It is true that Life has negative sides, coming as a result of the karmic Law - the Law of Cause and Effect. Karma implies destiny, but people must free themselves of destiny. God says, “I will erase your sins. I will erase your past life, your crimes. Not a trace will remain of all that! And then I will instill the new within you.” Freedom is the first thing you need in order to manifest Life in its positive side. You say, “What should be done with the world?” You should know that the world does not exist outside of you. God who lives in me is the Creator of the world and for this reason I do not need to search for the world outside of myself. Only God, who has created the world, knows the true ways and methods how to put it right. Therefore, I do not need to worry about the world and its redemption. The redemption of people and of the entire world is not my task. Only the Almighty God can put things in order and save the world.

People ask, “What will be the result of our lives?” If you have lived with the negative methods of Life, you are going to have negative results. If you have suffered all your life without any understanding of this suffering, so will be the results of your life. Someone who has fasted for 10 days says, “I tormented myself with this fast, but have understood nothing.” Yes, if you have fasted and have only tormented yourself, without learning anything, this fast does not serve its God-intended purpose. Fasting is not bad. It is needed, but when it is used in a conscious way, so that to give good results. The meaning of Life is not in fasting. However, it is necessary as a conscious discipline. Christ, too, fasted for 40 days. He went to the desert where he spent 40 days in fasting and praying. Completing this experience, he attained a great enlightenment. When he returned to His disciples they asked him, “What should we do now?” Christ answered them, “One cannot live by bread alone, but by every Word that comes from God.”[2] It implies the existence of another way of eating. Fasting shows that one can be nourished otherwise - by the Word of God as well. The New Life lies in this way of nourishment.

I will make a comparison between the old and the new way of nourishment. Take, for example, a rich man, a gastronome who loves to have abundant food at his meals. He sits down to dine and immediately his table is piled with roasted chicken, duck, geese, all sorts of fruit, and all other dishes and drinks. There is nothing that he has not tasted. He says, “This is the way one should live!” This is the old way of eating. However, one day the stomach of this man gets upset, he gradually loses weight and sends for a doctor to examine him. The doctor says, “From now on all geese, duck, chicken, lamb, pork, apples, and pears are banned. You can eat only rice soup: two teaspoons every two hours. This is the only way that you can be cured.” When his wife comes to his room, he asks, “Dear, what time is it? Is it time for my rice soup?” The man is punctual; he does not want to miss the time; he wants to save himself. He knows that his salvation lies in this rice soup. When friends and relatives come to visit him, they ask, “How is your health?” “I feel better, thank you. The doctor told me that if I continue to eat in the old way, I will die.” This is the new way of eating. I am referring to the rice soup as a symbol of the new way of eating. It represents pure, high-quality food.

Today people fast and limit eating only when they are ill. One says, “The doctor ordered me to eat two teaspoons of rice soup every two hours.” It is neither a conscious way of fasting, nor a new way of eating. This person eats like that by necessity. Do not take it literally. Only the healthy, intelligent, and high-principled person can eat in a new way. If you eat in the new way, it will introduce peace and strength into your souls. What can you accomplish in this world if you lack peace and strength? Many say, “Let God be at our side!” By saying this, they exclude God from themselves. God is in us, not outside us. Someone says, “I have a very difficult problem to resolve.” The Scripture says that God constantly works within us.[3] Since God works constantly within us, our consciousness needs to be vigilant in order to observe how God in us thinks, feels, and solves our problems. If you get into a difficult situation, stay calm - begin to contemplate and observe how God in you will solve it. Not even five minutes will pass and you will see how the problem is going to be solved. After that you say, “My problem is really solved. I have only one opinion of God and now it is confirmed once again. All God’s Works are perfect.” You may say, “This is theoretical but not practical.” No, the same is true in practice.

I will give you an example from the real life in order to demonstrate to you that theory and practice are the same for the one who listens to his inner guidance and fulfills what God is telling him from within. Two brothers quarreled with each other over the inheritance left by their father. The older brother took a bigger part; the younger brother took the smaller part. For 15 years they had been quarrelling among themselves. They hated each other and each one spoke badly about the other. One day the older brother awakes for the Divine speaking to him, “What you did to your brother is not good. Go, make peace, reconcile with him and give him everything. You will work and make a living with what you earn by your labor.” The older brother obeyed this inner Voice and went to the home of his brother. At the same time, the Divine began speaking to the younger brother as well and so he said to himself, “I am already tired of this quarrel! I have been embroiled with my brother for so many years and what is my gain from this? I will go to reconcile and tell my brother that I leave all legacy from our father to him. What I can earn by myself is enough for me.” As spoken, so was done. The younger brother also headed toward his brother to make peace and reconcile. As he was on his way, the brothers met on the way to each other. The older brother said to the younger, “Brother, I come to make peace with you. Everything that I took from my father, I give it to you. I am going to live on what I earn with my labor.” “Is that so? I, too, decided to do likewise,” said the younger brother. “Then let the two of us work together!” The two brothers got together, made peace, and began to work together. I say: This is the way you can solve all problems and inner misunderstandings. I ask: Should we divide the Divine in us? Should we argue over it? No, let us sanctify the name of God who lives in us. Let us place God high in us, in our consciousness in order to act there.

Many are interested to learn more about the New, the Divine Teaching. The Divine Teaching is in this: allowing God to act in our consciousness and God allowing us to act in Him. What is the foundation of the New Teaching? God works in me and I work in God. How are you going to understand this? Only after you try it. You cannot determine the New Teaching without trying it. Someone says, “I have made an attempt.” How many attempts? Only one. In the Divine Teaching the attempts are unceasing and without interruption. The Divine manifests Itself unceasingly.

And so, I am going to define the difference between the Divine and human. The Divine manifests Itself and remains for eternity. The human manifests itself and remains only for a day. All that is unceasing and eternal in us is Divine. All that is short-lived is human. Happiness and joy that soon disappear are human. Happiness and Joy that never disappear are Divine. The goodness that manifests itself and disappears is human; the goodness that manifests itself and does not disappear is Divine. Love that appears fast and burns up is human. Love that does not fail in any circumstances, but constantly increases and lasts forever is Divine. Knowledge that cannot solve your problems in life is human. And knowledge that is helpful in all difficult situations in life is Divine. The Divine lives eternally; there is no interruption in It. It is the Great Presence that works in our souls. Only through the Divine can all your ideals and aspirations be attained.

I say to those who are willing to follow the Divine Path: Put your packs on your backs and go forward. Do not turn back to look at what is happening behind you! Do not occupy yourselves with the old. God who lives in us will create the New world - the New Heaven and Earth. It is said in the Scripture, “Earth and Heaven fled from His Face.”[4] Which Earth and Heaven is it spoken about? The old Earth and Heaven, in other words, the old beliefs and concepts. The New Heaven and Earth, the new beliefs and concepts are being created now. When the old scene falls down, the new one comes up. When the old sun sets, the day is not over. The New Sun rises! The sun of today will set, it will die; but the New Sun will come tomorrow. God creates a New Sun every day. Can you imagine this? Every belief that goes down does not represent the true faith, as it dies and is buried.

People of today say, “What have we come to! In the old days, in our youth, we loved each other. We got along, but nothing of this love has remained by today.” I will give you an example with a grandfather named Stoyan from the village of Golyama Mogila (Big Hill). He liked to brag about his great heroism when he was young. Now when he was 90 years old, he took his staff, walked to a big ditch and said to himself, “Way back, when I was young I easily jumped over the biggest ditches! Let me try and see if I can jump over this ditch.” He started running and oops! He found himself in the ditch! Caught in this situation, he said to himself, “How strange; in my youth it was not like this, not at all! With the age one becomes a laughing stock to people.” When he got out of the ditch, he looked around to see if someone could hear him and said to himself, “As it was in the youth, so it is in the old age.” It is true: a strong person cannot become weak. And vice versa, weak people cannot become strong because they are weak by nature. If the human is strong in someone, they are weak. If the Divine is strong in someone, they are strong too.

We can draw the following conclusion from this: If your love is human, it is weak; if it is Divine, it is strong and constant. Divine Love is the same when one is young and when one is old. Human love is hot in the youth and cold in the old age. It is just the opposite with Divine Love: it is weak at the beginning and strong at the end. Only the love of mother remains unchanged at all times: from the embryo stage of her child in the womb until its old age. There was once a 90year-old priest who addressed his 60-year-old son with “my little boy” while patting him on his back. He did not see him as an old man with a white beard and mustache but as a little boy. The same relationships exist in Divine Love that calls its children gently with the words, “My child; my little kid!” If people are deceived by the outer appearance of things, life becomes meaningless.

Everyone who grows old in the Life of Love walks in the human path. Everyone who weakens in Knowledge walks in the human path. Everyone who makes mistakes in his life walks in the human path. There are two paths in life: human and Divine. Someone excuses himself saying, “Sorry that I am a bit abrupt, rude, I have my weaknesses.” He must not excuse himself, but simply say the truth, “I am following the human path.” Nobleness is expressed in one’s constant improvement. When people of noble character make mistakes, they say, “This is human” and put these aside. When they do good deeds, they say, “This is Divine” and put these aside too. The most prominent philosophers and learned people also make mistakes. There is not a faultless human being in the world. A famous writer wrote a remarkable novel. He wanted it to be flawlessly printed. The whole book was really published without mistakes except one, which was made in the title of the novel among the block letters. So what? If there is one mistake, you are going to correct it. Human mistakes are allowed and are inevitable. If you want to find perfection in the human, you are on the wrong path. Perfection exists only in the Divine. The human represents a method to apply the Divine. If you do not understand things in this way, you are on the wrong path and you will achieve nothing in the end.

All great and righteous people, whether religious or worldly, believed in God’s Path. In my opinion there are two categories of people: those who walk in the God’s Path and those who walk in the human path. The first have their inner life regardless of being religious or worldly people. The second follow the human path and their focus is outside, regardless of their belonging to any religious society or to the world. The results of the human path are one; those of the Divine Path are quite different. These two paths need to come together. When the weak, the human, comes under the control of the Divine, it will strengthen and improve. Only God in us has the Power to liberate us from our weaknesses and only we are able to use God’s Power for good. Everyone wants to use God’s Power and can do it, provided that that person has only one opinion of God: whatever is done by God within is good. All is over for that one who says that what is done by God is not good. Whatever happens to you, say, “This is for good!”

Some people of today ask themselves why things happen in one and not in another way. I say: Everything happens by the Great Laws of Intelligent Nature. Others ask, “What is the right way of praying? Where should we gather for praying and settling some issues?” I say: Behold where the birds gather. They make their meetings and gatherings in the air. Many birds gather, exchange important thoughts, and then disperse. Can you not, like birds, make your meetings in the air? The Samaritan woman asked Jesus the same question two thousand years ago. She said to Him, “Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet. Our fathers worshipped on this mountain, yet you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where we must worship.” Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. But the hour is coming and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in Spirit and Truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit and those who worship Him must worship in Spirit and Truth.”[5] The true service to God is not in the external form; it is not on the physical plane. In respect to serving God, we should be perfect! Those who worship God need to worship Him in Spirit and Truth! Moreover, if you want to be happy on Earth, you should not search for happiness in the sand, as some gold-seekers who constantly mix and wash the sand away in bottles full of pure water. No happiness can be found in this way.

Whoever is willing to serve God should know that God lives and acts in all people. If you think like that, your relationships with others will be genuine. Many people say, “Everything takes time. Everything evolves.” Yes, I agree with you. Time and evolution are necessities, but for whom? For the weak person. Evolution exists for the weak, not for the strong one. The strong evolve by helping the weak, uplifting them on the path. These are the great, enlightened people in the world. If someone has a thin rope and can draw only ten liters of water with it, but he needs one thousand liters to draw from the well, what must he do? He is weak himself; so, it will take him time to use the thin rope and drop the bucket in the well one hundred times, so that to draw one thousand liters of water. However, if the same person has had a stronger rope, he could draw one thousand liters of water at a time. This example indicates that evolution is for the weak, not for the strong people. For people of might and power things happen instantaneously.

I believe that you have already understood this concept. To those who have not, I say: Go to the well once, twice, three times, one hundred times! When you come from there, I will ask you what you have learned. If you have learned something, you will no longer go back to the well. You have already acquired some experience and now you have certain knowledge. If you have not attained the necessary experience and life knowledge, you will continue to go back to the well. The following Law exists in Nature: Water will appear by itself on the Earth’s surface as wellsprings in order to serve the enlightened individuals - therefore, they will not need to draw it mechanically, by pumps. I say this again: Water goes to the enlightened people by itself; they do not need to make efforts to reach it.

Our relationship to water is like our relationship to God. When we love God, He will abide in us; when we do not love Him, He remains outside of us. We will then search for Him left and right, up and down, but will not find Him. Then, like the psalmist, we will say, “I bathe my pillow in tears, but You are not here, Lord.”[6] What is the reason that we cannot find the Lord? God is in you; do not search for Him outside of you. Everyone understands things as they are innerly displaced. I say: The proper way to understand things in life is to know how God has created them. Observe yourselves and you will see that, as your consciousness expands every day, things reveal newer and richer expressions every day. The bounties of the world and the world itself, everything in it is hidden in the human soul and spirit.

Now, do not think that anyone can extinguish the small, microscopic light shining in your soul and spirit. That is the imperishable Divine Fire in the human being. It never burns out in spite of the conditions and circumstances in one’s life. The human fire, on the other hand, is like a fire made by linen and hemp. In some villages maidens make such a fire for their work-bee gatherings - the flames rise high, but after 10–15 minutes they die out. Remember that everything that is like the burning hemp and linen bursts into flame fast, rises high, and burns out quickly. The human does not last for a long time. Therefore, you should not place your faith in the human. If you desire to be strong, rely on the Divine within you! Place your faith in it. The moment you lose it, you are weak. The moment you gain it, you are strong. Should you interrupt your connection with God’s Consciousness, you will enter the human and therefore, will fall under the Law of Evolution. Should you connect with the Divine, you enter into the World of God’s Manifestations. The human world is a world of reincarnation and entanglement into matter, while the Divine World is a world of spiritual presence. I know two worlds. If you are strong, you join the manifestations of the Divine World and the Law of Spiritual Presence. If you are weak, however, you enter the Law of Incarnation - descending into the material world. Someone says, “I believe in evolution. Only through evolution will our ideals come true.” I agree; nevertheless, evolution is for weak people. As for strong people, the Divine needs to prevail over the human. Do not mix up these two worlds. Rather, begin to purify your consciousness of all minor things so that you can discern at any given moment in which world you are now.

I ask: Which is the most important concept you have ever heard of? To me, the most important concept for every person is that one, which is best understood and applied in life. It is like the quantity of one kilogram of wheat from which one can prepare bread to eat. All other, which is not understood and applied, is like one thousand kilograms of wheat staying in the barn. The same law is valid in mathematics and some other branches of science. If you can work with the numbers from 1 to 10, you will also understand all other rules and manipulations in mathematics. Whoever does not understand the digits cannot manipulate the rest as well.

All religious people speak about serving God. There are two ways: serving with beliefs and serving with devotion and faith - without any doubt and hesitation. In such service, when suffering and trials come, the person smiles a little and says, “It is God’s Will; everything is for good.” When Poverty comes, you ask, “Who has sent you to me?” “God.” Then you say, “I will tell you why you are such. You are Poverty because you do not obey God.” Right after you have dealt with Poverty, Ignorance comes. You ask, “Who has sent you to me?” “God.” “You are Ignorance because you do not listen to God and do not want to learn.” After Ignorance Illness comes. You ask, “Who has sent you to me?” “God.” “You are Illness because you do not love health and do not care about it. If you want people to love you, bring them health instead of diseases. Go away now, I have no free time to deal with you.” Finally, Transgression comes. You ask, “Who has sent you to me?” “God.” “Go and serve God, fulfill His Will and soon you will have wings.” “But I am a wrongdoer.” “Go ahead and err no more. Do what you have never done before!” “But I have an addiction, I drink much alcohol.” “It does not matter. You may drink, but drink from the nicest nectarous water.” That is how people of true faith deal with all negative situations in their life. It is the right way of action and all can acquire freedom by it. All who seek freedom should apply this method.

Many think that their life is empty and meaningless. No, your life, as small as it is in comparison to the entire Life, holds some meaning, though not the essence of the Whole. As an ant’s life does not affect the entire life of Creation, neither does a separate person’s life. Only the Divine within the human being can arrange Life in all its phases. There is nothing more wonderful and beautiful than living in God! Only then can one perceive God’s Love, Wisdom, Truth, Justice, Virtue, Mercy, Kindness, Restraint, and others. Everyone who meets such a person will greet him with a smile. All Beings who live with God and in God are smiling.

In one of the deserts there was a crystal pure lake reflecting everything. Every evening, at the peak of heat, all animals: bears, tigers, lions, rabbits, and snakes gathered there to drink water, yet none of them did any harm to others. Why? Because every animal bent down to drink water and after quenching their thirst, they all went peacefully to their homes. The big thirst had fully absorbed their attention and they had not even given a thought of fighting with others. Tigers, wolves, bears, rabbits, and snakes - they all drank water together. I say: In the same way there is a place where all people can come to a mutual understanding. Which is that place? The pure crystal lake. Go to this lake, all of you! It is the Lake of Divine Love, where the human souls need to go as to a drinking pool. You may ask, “How will we find this lake?” Go to the animals. They will tell you how they find the pristine wellsprings in the mountains. The soul that is thirsty will find this wellspring on its own. However, a soul that is not thirsty cannot find it.

Now I am not going to draw any conclusions. Remember: When God begins to act through you and your consciousness, it is the beginning of things and this beginning is good. When God works, the beginning is good as well as the end. As the beginning, so is the end - the fruit of the work. God says, “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.” When one works in the human way, human is the beginning and God is the end; however, when one works in the Divine way, God is the beginning and human is the end. That is why the Scriptures say, “And the Lord will be your rear guard!”[7] In the Divine it is vice versa - we will be the rear guard, while God will be the beginning. If you can understand and apply these ideas, you will have the best results. If not, you will remain in the old life. I say: Begin to work and do not think about the old life. Do not ask about your past. Live in the present turned to the future, where the New Life lies. If you are wise and observe the Laws of Great Nature, you are able to change your own destiny. When the Divine is prevailing in you, your life will improve. The sage is able to beautify everything, while the fool can ruin even the loveliest things. Everything is up to us. If God lives in us, we will be strong and can do everything. Do not speak to people that God lives in you. You would better demonstrate your power by example. If God lives in you, you will be able to solve even the most complicated problem. You are asked for example, about the square root of a given number and you give the answer immediately. The Divine resolves things instantly.

What are the features distinguishing the student of the New Teaching? Heart as pure as crystal, mind as bright as the Sun, soul as noble and vast as the entire Universe and spirit as powerful as God and one with God! When you have some difficulty related to your heart, bring out its principle and say, “As a student I must have a crystal pure heart, without any filth left in it.” When the difficulty is mental, say, “My mind should be as bright as the Sun, without any darkness.” When difficulty comes in respect to your soul, say, “My soul should be as noble and vast as the entire Universe, without any kind of small-mindedness.” Lastly, when you have difficulty related to your spirit, say, “My spirit should be as powerful as God and one with God!” Every time, when you find yourself in a difficult situation, take the principle corresponding to the case and say it several times throughout the day. Evil comes to you and tells you, “You can transgress a little bit.” Answer, “No, I should keep my heart as pure as crystal!” You read this principle and put the text in your pocket. Evil comes to you to test your mind, “This work can be done in another way.” “No, I will preserve my mind as bright as the Sun.” “Could it be less bright - like an electrical lamp?” “No, it cannot!” After that, evil tries to tempt your soul. But you will reply, “My soul should be as vast as the Universe.” Finally evil is going to probe your spirit. But you will tell it, “My spirit should be as powerful as God and one with God.” After all these attempts, evil will wonder what to do and will say, “These are learned people; I cannot tempt them with anything.”

I want you to be absolutely free: in your views and beliefs, in your feelings, thoughts, and actions. Imagine that you lived in the time of Christ and some people from His circle were trying to persuade you that He is the true Christ and the expected Messiah. Yet, others were trying to persuade you the opposite. Thus a conflict arises in your soul. You search for Christ, but you are confused. I advise you to trust your inner creed, your deepest conviction. Do not search for Christ here and there; He is in you, within your soul. Only the free person can find God and be one with Him. When we meet, we should have only a high opinion of one another. Why? It is because God lives in every one of us. If you think in this way, you will say, “This brother is excellent because God works in him.” This Teacher is excellent because God reveals through him.” If we are bearers of the Divine, our hearts get purified, our minds - enlightened, our souls - expanded, and our spirits - strengthened. Only God in you can do this.

You say, “Our life is hard and difficult.” Stop suffering! “It is difficult to love one another.” Why do you struggle to love? When God comes to live in you, He will show you how to love. He will teach you the methods of Love and the Laws of Wisdom. You will come to love through Him then and your Love will become sacred. It will be a blessing both for the one you love and the one who loves you.

And so, I address you all: young and old, spiritual workers and those who are not, and I invite you all to begin your service. Some say, “We have not learned everything yet.” Yes, Knowledge cannot be poured into your heads with a funnel. Virtue cannot be poured either. Allow the Divine to act in you and when manifesting, behave as the two brothers. Sacrifice your personal welfare for the Divine in you. If you do not do it, there will be a conflict arising in you. Many ask, “Should we be learned?” Of course, you should. We are not satisfied with common knowledge, with ordinary love, wisdom, truth, virtue, and justice. If it is about knowledge, we strive for God’s Knowledge. If it is about love, wisdom, truth, justice, and virtue, we strive to attain God’s Love, Wisdom, Truth, Justice, and Virtue. The trivial things do not exist in our dictionary. The Divine, Great, Sublime, Real is our ideal - all that, which creates shadows, but is not a shadow Itself.

You say, “I am ignorant.” Do not speak about ignorance. “I am sinful.” Do not speak about sin. “I am weak.” Do not speak about weakness. Apostle Paul said, “We, who are strong, need to carry the weak.” I say that God, Who is strong, will carry our weaknesses. Every one who has God living within him can carry the weak. I say to the weak: God can live in you and then you will become strong. God can live in all of you and make you strong. Therefore, give God unlimited freedom to act in you. Do not give Him instructions how to do it. Do not ask God for clothes, shoes, or hats. Instead, begin with the essential: with Life. Clothes, shoes, and hats will come by themselves. Once the Divine Life flows into you, you will have everything. It is a beautiful life bringing freedom to our souls. When you get up joyful in the morning, know that God’s Face is smiling in you. There is no greater blessing than that - to see God’s Face joyous and pleased.

Many of you are buried in the tomb groaning and shouting underneath. I say: Raise the stone from your grave and come out! When they placed Christ in the grave, they put a gravestone on Him and there was a big rock over that. Could He remove the rock of His grave by Himself? He had received eighty thousand hits from the Roman soldiers and had wounds from the four big nails hammered in His hands and feet, so He was too weak and could not remove the rock from his gravestone by Himself. An Angel came from Heaven, removed the rock from the grave and Christ rose from the dead. Today you are weak too, as Christ was at the Cross. You are all crucified. You have nails in your hands and feet. But there is one essential difference between you and Christ. Christ died and resurrected, while you are nailed to the cross, but have not yet died.

I will give you an example to clarify what I have in mind. A preacher in America sermonized about generosity. He was telling people that, for salvation, one should sacrifice oneself for God: in other words, one should sacrifice the human for the Divine. One of the listeners, a very rich man, attending the sermon, said, “No, one can be saved without sacrifices, without great generosity. How did the villain who was crucified next to Christ save himself? What sacrifice did he make?” The preacher answered him, “The villain on the cross was dying, while you are still alive.” The same is true for each one of you. You are crucified, but have not yet died. When you die, it will be a different matter. All the difficulty is while you are on the cross. You are crucified and you cry out. You make noise. Christ too, while He was still alive on the cross cried out, “God, why have you left Me to be mocked and profaned by people?”[8] God told Him, “This Work is finished.” Christ replied, “If so, let Your Will be done! Father, into Your Hands I commit My Spirit.”[9] After Christ passed on, they took His body down from the cross, laid it in the grave, put a gravestone and a rock on it and left it there, where it stayed for three days. On the third day an Angel came down from Heaven, removed the rock from the gravestone, lifted the gravestone from the grave and Christ resurrected. You, too, will cry from the cross, “My God, my God, why have you left me to be mocked and profaned by the world?” God will say, “It is all finished.”

Nicodemus will come then and will ask for permission to take your body down from the cross. He will wrap you in a shroud; will place you in a grave, closing it with a gravestone and a rock over it. After that the priests will seal your grave so that your disciples could not come to take your body. Three days later an Angel from Heaven will come to remove the rock and roll off the gravestone: then you will resurrect.

I say: It is easy when you are taken down from the cross. The trial is before that, when you are still alive on the cross. Finally, you need to die! By “death” we imply transformation of your consciousness. When Christ died on the cross, His consciousness was transformed. He received enlightenment about the Great Order in the world and the New Life that is coming into being. When you awake, the old life will give way to the New one and you will be taken down from the Mystical Cross of suffering. After that an Angel will descend from Heaven to roll away the gravestone from your grave and so, through resurrection, you will enter the New Life and enjoy its freedom. Only then God will come to live in you and you will begin your true service on Earth. After resurrection, Christ spent full 40 days among his disciples, invisible to the world, but continuing to preach to them. It is written in the New Testament, “Then He opened their mind to understand the Scriptures.”[10] Only the resurrected one attains the Real, eternal, essential life - Life of immortality.

Now, I believe you have understood everything I spoke to you. These are words of liberation. Those who have understood my words, create among yourselves a Divine home of harmony and unity - unity of thoughts, feelings, actions, and aspirations in all possible aspects. We stand for the Great life manifesting itself in all directions: physical, spiritual, and Divine of the United Divine Being. Be bearers of this unity!

It is the essence of the Divine Teaching, which you should apply every day in your life. If you do it, you will need no other philosophy or teaching. After you have applied and tested it, you may tell other people how you have found this Path.

And so, work hard throughout the year and apply the Divine Teaching. I call this year Divine - a year of purification. Last year was a year of Love. A mother, after delivery, begins to clean the baby because it cannot do it alone, being weak and helpless. In the future, this one may become a genius, saint, or a great scientist, but in the infant age the mother does the cleaning two or three times a day until the child grows up. Adults need cleaning too, until the Divine becomes strong in them.

Cleaning is as natural and needed for adults as for little children. When the Divine in you gains in strength and prevails over the human, you will become capable of living a sublime ideal Life. Until then, you must purify yourself constantly. All people have weaknesses. The human weaknesses are conditions for the manifestation of the soul. When the soul finds itself in these limiting conditions, it begins to ramble here and there like a bee that dashes and hits against the closed window of a palace until it gets free. The soul does not see that there is an obstacle ahead. The obstacles in the world are necessary for our progress. When the Divine comes into us, it will liberate our souls from all obstacles and limitations.

I say: You all need an absolute, positive faith! This Teaching may look difficult to you. You say, “We can understand and apply the Divine Teaching, but our faith is weak.” That is not true! Your faith is not weak. You ask, “Shall we abandon the world in order to serve God?” No, you will live in the world. Everyone will complete their duties wherever they are. “How to do it, which methods to use?” The methods of the Divine Teaching. You all know the results from using the old methods of the past. People of the past lived in the forests. They served in monasteries and worshipped God in churches, but still their assignments were not completed. What is needed now is serving by inner freedom. May each of you listen to the inner voice deep inside oneself in order to find out the true methods for spiritual work. Thus one can be free. Only when the Divine awakes in a person, It can make this person free.

I will give you an example with one of the American criminals, who was arrested for a number of robberies and crimes. He was bound with ropes and put on a cot, so people were sure that he could not escape. One night the jailer who was responsible for him entered his cell with a candle and, in his haste to leave, he left the candle behind. Seeing himself alone in the cell, the criminal looked at the candle and exclaimed, “This is a way for my escape!” He lifted his feet toward the flame, burned the rope and freed his legs. After that he burned the rope on his hands too and without the ropes, free from his limiting conditions, he opened the window and ran away.

If your hands and feet are bound by the evil in the world, but God has left a candle in your room, will you ask what to do? Burn the rope! “But is it allowed?” It goes without saying! Was evil allowed to bind you? Everyone, by his own will, can place the rope on the candle flame to burn it and become free. “Should I go out through the window or through the door?” Through the window is better. If it is closed, go out through the chimney! Get out from where you can. You do not need other philosophy. Everyone must win freedom of the soul by oneself. It is an entire process. Attaining freedom, one is going to change, advance, and become a great moral bearer of Life. Evil will never again be in power to bind his hands and feet with ropes.

Only thus the New Life will come into the world and you will realize all desires of your soul and spirit. Only thus we are going to please God and God will please us. Only thus we could rejoice in God and God will rejoice in us. When will that be? When God comes to live in us. I ask you: Are you going to give space to God within yourselves? It does not mean that I do not trust you. I believe that you will do this because I am telling you the Great Truth. I am sharing my own experience with you. I have attained my freedom in this way.

Remember: I have only one opinion of God. All that God is doing in me is good. And God, too, has only one opinion of me. Everything that I am doing for God is good and righteous. Christ said, “My Father lives in Me and I live in Him.”[11] I confirm that this is the way of attaining inner spiritual freedom. This is the way for all blessings in the world to come true. There is no other way. If not today, then tomorrow, or some other day. It is the only way to be free. Whoever you ask, if they know the Truth, they will tell you the same thing. If they do not know the Truth, they will fool you with this or that, with different words. Christ said, “I and My Father are one. My Father lives in Me and I live in My Father. God works in Me and I work in Him.”[12]

I want you to be free because only then will you be able to manifest yourselves and develop your talents and gifts. Only then will Love, Wisdom, Truth, Justice, and Virtue, which you manifest, be in their right places. If you apply this Teaching, you will be lively and joyful, deep as the sea and vast as the sky. You need profoundness now! If you live in this way, whatever suffering may come to you, the thought that God is with you and you are with God, will stand out in your mind. If you think in this way, God will take you down from the cross on which you are crucified.

Now you may wonder, “What should we do, should we not pray?” I ask whether one needs to pray for one’s freedom. Get to work! Burn the ropes on your feet and hands by using the candle! You ask whether you should sing. When do people sing? When they have completed their work. When do the harvesters sing? When they go or come back from the harvest, but not while they are working. When you were coming to work you sang. Now you are working so you are not going to sing. When you complete your work, you will sing again. One does not always sing. If I ask you to go to the Mount Vitosha to do some task on a hot summer day, would you be able to sing? While you are climbing you may sing within your soul only, but after you have climbed the mountain and have completed the assigned task, you can sing freely. There is time for everything. There is time for singing too.

This day is for work - it is the first day of your conscious awareness, the first day for Divine work. You have not worked so far. Today’s work will define your future for all eternity. Remember, your future is created today. It is one of the most beautiful days in your life of the entire eternity.

Christ said, “My Father works and I work as well.” Now I wish you all to be at work because you are in the Day of work. Do not say that you will work in the evening. No, this day has no evening. It is an eternal day, in which the Sun never sets and there is no evening. It is a day of eternal dawn and sunrise, in which things have a beginning, but not an end. It is the most beautiful day of Joy and Happiness. The Scripture reads, “When I see Your Face, my soul will rejoice.”[13] This verse relates to the reality of this beautiful working day. Only when working for God, one can see His Face and rejoice.

Now you speak, “It would be great if all brothers and sistersfrom the country were here!” I am telling you that theyare all here. How is it possible? All brothers and sisters in thephysical world, who are included in lists of the Brotherhoodof Light, have two representatives of theirs: one in the DivineWorld and one in the Angelic World. So, if one thousandpeople have come here, in reality they represent three thousandpowerful heroes - one thousand in the physical world,one thousand in the Angelic World, and one thousand in theDivine World. The strength comes not from you, who are inthe physical world, but it is rather in these three thousandsouls, gathered together. They are also working; it is not onlypeople in the physical world who work. Can you imagine whatthese helpers from above can accomplish? They will completethe work of God. God acts through them.

And so, no songs, prayers, and hand kissing today! All getto work! From above they observe who is ready to serve andwho has already begun to work.

I greet you all with the Great Day of work. May you becomeheroes and co-workers of God. This Great Day has alreadycome. Begin with the Divine Work because it will determineyour life in the future.

Lecture of the Master Beinsa Douno to the General EsotericClass, held on August 22, 1928, Sofia, Izgrev.

------------------------------------------------------------------

1. See also 1Corinthians 7:23, “You were bought at a price; do not become slaves

of men.”

2. See also Luke 4:4.

3. See also 1Thessalonians 2:13.

4. See also Revelation 20:11, “Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose Face the Earth and the Heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.”

5. See John 4:19–24.

6. See also Psalm 42:3, “My tears have been my food day and night, while they continually say to me, ‘Where is your God?’”

7. See also Isaiah 52:12, “For you shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight; for the Lord will go before you and the God of Israel will be your rear guard.”

8. See also Luke 23:35–37.

9. See also Luke 23:46.

10. See Luke 24:45.

11. See also John 10:30, “I and My Father are one.”

12. See also John 10:37–38, “If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe

Me; but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may

know and believe that the Father is in Me and I in Him.”

13. See also Isaiah 61:10–11.